Forums Latest Members
  1. Luca.P Jan 7, 2020

What are your thoughts on Omega´s latest release? Are the reissues going out of hand you think? Would you go for the reissue or the original? I´d really like to hear your opinions on this. Me personally, I´d take the original any day of the week.
    Cheers!

2. gostang9 Jan 7, 2020

There have been many calls on OF for a 321 reissue over the years.

Omega have answered, and they nailed it on every account.

watchyouwant, DIV, 89-0 and 1 other person like this.
  3. destroid Jan 7, 2020

Uh, no hesalite crystal so not quite ideal.

4. gostang9 Jan 7, 2020

I'm betting it will be just fine for people interested in:
    - spending 13k CHF / 15k USD
    - a modern version of an historic watch

5. Denarius Jan 8, 2020

Buy the new one for $15k sell it for $20k+ to the desperadoes then buy an original with the help of the profit - Bada bing Bada boom!

heavenscloud likes this.
  6. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Jan 9, 2020

Not limited though, apparently they can produce 1000-2000 a year ... so could be a brilliant investment, unless, like the speed master 125, the official figures are somewhat inaccurate ... either way it is apparently being produced ongoing, so less likelihood of going the way of the snoopy methinks

7. jaguar11 Jan 9, 2020

Looks great. I have no doubt that it will fly off the shelves and will appeal to a lot of buyers.

8. drunkenseamaster Jan 9, 2020

I have no objections to the display back & sapphire front crystal, but dislike Omega's use of "aged" lume in their reissues/reproductions.

9. mac_omega Jan 9, 2020

If it were at half of the price it would be a clear "buy" for me as a daily beater.
    Why?

1) it has the new cal. 321 many had waited for
    2) it is looking good
    3) "unvulnerable" bezel (ceramic and enamel)
    4) sapphire crystal which withstands the stress of daily wear
    5) see through back to show the beauty of the movement
    6) you need not worry to ding up an E.W. which has become valuable over the years but you have the looks of it

but at 15K$ it is a pass for me

just my 2c

henrikaa, watchyouwant, Pun and 5 others like this.
  10. robocaspar Jan 9, 2020

I think there's a market for it, if you look at the line up of people shelling out above retail for Daytonas, which are in the same price range.

11. Albe100 Jan 9, 2020

So if it's not unlimited, and at the premium Omega is asking for this, is it safe to say that we will see the price come down on the grey or used market in a few years?

I would love one, but at the price, I can't justify it.

12. djmusicman Jan 9, 2020

Supply and demand. Expect to see the first few all over chrono24 and ebay with a 20% mark up. As more become available that won't work anymore and prices will settle down and used ones will be sold 20% under retail. Just a guess really but we've seen the same with other watches.

13. Patrik83 Jan 9, 2020

I think it is stunning but too expensive and in the area of a descent vintage one. It might actually add a higher desire for the original one. Will we see higher prices for Ed Whites in the coming year?

14. djmusicman Jan 9, 2020

With all the exposure we'll see higher prices for the nice ones for sure. For me, a nice vintage Ed White beats the new one hands down. However, I'd take the new one over a lesser Ed White.

15. Lolo1972sg Jan 10, 2020

Since i don’t have an Ed White, I would first go for a vintage, aka the real Ed White. Then i will go for the new Ed White. Basically, i think i am trying to say i prefer the old Ed White more than the re-issue. Both are nice though.

16. Denarius Jan 10, 2020

Thats the thing, there is a lot of Ed White's with over polished cases, wrong hands, pushers, crowns and bad dials with asking prices in the region of the new 321 (I struggle to call the new one "Ed White") In this case, if you have the money then the new watch is a good buy - if you can get one!!

17. DIV Jan 11, 2020

If I were a Speedy guy, I would be very interested...but never for that retail price....I would have to wait a couple years and pray that these will be hit with the usual Omega depreciation on the 2nd hand market.

Being a big fan of the LE Trilogy pieces, I really love the bracelet on this Ed White reissue, maybe even more than the Trilogy bracelet (I prefer the link proportions better), but I’m really curious to see how they did the clasp.

Eve likes this.
  18. Pinoysurf Jan 11, 2020

Does this mean we can now get DON service bezels? Or is the new 321 a different size?

19. time flies Jan 11, 2020

Ceramic.

have fun
    kfw

20. Wooden_spoon Jan 11, 2020

I won't buy it but think it's a good strategic move for Omega to go upmarket. Small volume should sell out and create a buzz/ demand for it. I'm more interested to see what they do with the moonwatch.