Forums Latest Members
  1. nicky77 Apr 19, 2021

I have been wanting an Omega Globemaster in stainless steel with a blue dial and I have been very close to pulling the trigger, however I also very much like the Breguet marine with the big date.

they both seem to be of similar size

Omega Pros:
    I like the pie-pan dial
    The flutted (I know it is machined), I feel that the flutting makes it special.
    Price, also it is at a price point that I feel comfortable wearing the watch more.
    a dressier watch, but I also like that.
    It is probably more robust

Breguet pros:
    I like the guilochet dial
    The design
    The coin edge case
    It is not manufactured any more so it may become harder to find in the future
    Movement finishing.

Breguet cons
    It is a sports watch, however not purely one.
    Price. It is significantly more than the Omega

As far as the rest of my collection, I have an aqua terra and several other sports watches as well as several dress watches.
    I do not need another watch, however as I am a hoarder of these things why not.

What would you choose?
    What do you think about these choices?
    Thank you for your help.

Omegafanman likes this.
  2. Gruesome Apr 19, 2021

This thread would be better with pictures.

3. vanvan Apr 20, 2021

go with the one you are more comfortable wearing, looks like another omega???

4. vbrad26 Apr 20, 2021

How about a video?

5. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 20, 2021

... or that:

Omegafanman and vbrad26 like this.
  6. maine-iac1 Apr 24, 2021

Were you able to try on both? I'd vote for the Globemaster on looks alone. It seems a smidge more understated, to my eye, compared to the Breguet. (Those grooves on the side remind me of an oil filter,lol, though I like the Roman numerals and the face.) But anyway, back to the first point. I bet if you try them both on, the answer will become clear.

Omegafanman likes this.
  7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 24, 2021

This or that?

The other.

8. Butik Apr 25, 2021

Here video of mu bllue Globey in full sunshine, maybe it will help.

9. Omegafanman Apr 25, 2021

I was not familiar with the Brequet but having looked having looked it up have to agree. Both nice watches but the Globemaster wins for me (but I am biased). Also the fact it has a great family history, launched the new Master Chronometer standard,, is hugely anti-magnetic and has a tungsten carbide bezel. I would say get the bracelet and buy the leather strap... the other route is more painful on the pocket (I learnt the hard way).

01 - Copy.jpg 02 - Copy.jpg 03 - Copy.jpg
  10. nicky77 Apr 26, 2021

I ended up going with the globemaster. I wanted a dressier watch, and that blue dial is mesmerizing.

guwipa and Omegafanman like this.
  11. Omegafanman Apr 28, 2021

Good call …. lets see some Pictures when you are ready....

12. nicky77 May 25, 2021

Here it is

[​IMG]

and a family picture:

[​IMG]

13. Alfista88 May 25, 2021

Congrats! Another pro is the jumping hour hand on the Omega 8900 movement. You'll enjoy how easy it is to change hours when traveling, and for daylight savings.

I've compared both side-by-side before (Swatch-owned Tourbillion boutiques carry both brands). Found the rubber strap on the previous generation Breguet Marine a little too casual. The guilloche on the Breguet is breathtakingly beautiful.... but the pie-pan sunburst on the Globemaster isn't too shabby either! Like a big round, gemstone-cut sapphire, in some lighting conditions.