The ULTIMATE Seamaster cal 560?

IMG_9743-1.jpg

IMG_9742.jpg

This one is marked 14K GOLD FILLED as opposed to the one noted in Desmond's article, which was 10K GOLD FILLED.

Desmond's review on these ultra rare Seamasters can be downloaded with the link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jimntjnnjkz/Rare Seamaster Prototype 560.pdf

Very nice! Wish all Omegas had display backs like that. 👍

Haven't seen many of them! Maybe 2 others over the last 5 years and the last was on WUS a couple years ago. It's pretty cool how they used a crystal for a display for those salesman's samples.

Oh thats pretty cool, so is it a front-loader?

I would love to convert my 561 Connie to a see through back (while keeping the original back in a safe place). These 5XX movements are exceptionally beautiful.

Oh thats pretty cool, so is it a front-loader?

Yes, the majority of these SMDV's were in front loading cases. It supposedly helped with water resistance, and I was told that when made in 14 or 18ct Omega could use less gold in the case because of the design.

I would love to convert my 561 Connie to a see through back (while keeping the original back in a safe place). These 5XX movements are exceptionally beautiful.

Kyle had/has a Seamaster display back from a screw on case back bumper model. That was a logical choice because there was no observatory medallion or hippocampus logo - just a plain flat outside.