The Night of The Connie Gold, Part VI, The Grand Luxe.

Never seen that dial in a 168.006 before, does it belong there? 😕

Never seen that dial in a 168.006 before, does it belong there? 😕

Well let's see, out of all the one I've bought, as in none........ I'm going to guess yes, until Mike tells me otherwise, but I would not touch it without some research.

That one has problems, 168.005 powered by a 551 with that dial !!! The dial feet should be inspected carefully , maybe they are not there and replaced by some sticky stuff ?

If it is real I would guess early 168.006?

Stop talking to yourself Steve. 😜

Kyle just sent me the link to the second watch. I'm not opening this thread or links in his PM's anymore.

The 168.005 case is a put together - that dial did not come in that case with that movement.
The pink gold grand luxe has a polished case but nice dial. Crown obviously wrong for the watch.

The 168.005 case is a put together - that dial did not come in that case with that movement.
The pink gold grand luxe has a polished case but nice dial. Crown obviously wrong for the watch.
This is not his first put together......Gold into gold, what is the explanation, an even more beat up case to start with? previous scraped case in anything that will work?

First watch is a total frankenjob, IMHO. Never seen Grand Luxe dial like that on 55X series movement, and 168.XXX case reference means that there should be a date feature. No exceptions.

Second one looks correct, but not in good condition. One would think that on an otherwise $4K watch, you'd invest $200 or so into a good clean-up of the movement and a proper crown.

Not sure what to make of these listings,
gatorcpa

Yes, some us have been following it and have agreed with your opinion. It certainly appeared in excellent shape to say the least.

Just regarding the grand lux hooded lug in rose gold, am I the only one that thinks those watches look odd without their bracelet and would rather a non-hooded if its to go on a strap?

Just regarding the grand lux hooded lug in rose gold, am I the only one that thinks those watches look odd without their bracelet and would rather a non-hooded if its to go on a strap?

Looks spectacular on a nice, thick gator strap.

I prefer the standard lug over the hooded anyways. But I agree about the hooded missing something without the bracelet. That bracelet is phenomenal.

I prefer the standard lug over the hooded anyways. But I agree about the hooded missing something without the bracelet. That bracelet is phenomenal.
No questioning that, the Rolex President may be far more common but the brick grand lux bracelet makes more of an impact than any other I've ever seen

No questioning that, the Rolex President may be far more common but the brick grand lux bracelet makes more of an impact than any other I've ever seen

IMHO, the rolex president's dial doesn't hold a candle to the grand luxe dial.