Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Borbor May 27, 2018

hey everyone

i'm cyril from canada.

originally was looking on the used market for a speedy. haven't been able to find one locally and just impulse bought one from an AD last week. picking it up monday.

first manual chrono :) can't wait.

2. simonhart Jun 8, 2018

44adf1a7-3e84-43f5-bd79-cd87ae90dca4.jpg 86603b2b-4f4b-451a-9eb1-adeaa71a2837.jpg 8bf5eb2f-d1c4-403b-a52b-7abfab938eda.jpg 77719c87-8adc-4e96-818c-029bc7bcddb3.jpg c2ab88b0-a5e9-4a4b-8969-dcdf82a93d5c.jpg Hello everybody, just purchased my first vintage watch from the year of my birth seemed a good starting point, its a 1968 18 ct rose gold seamster but unfortunately the case had been mislaid and i was looking for some advice on which to buy, seems to be red, blue and green available but wondered if anybody would know what the watch would have come with originally, I have added some photos.
    thankyou.

noelekal likes this.
  3. eatabagel Jun 8, 2018

Hi everyone! Mike, here. Santa Cruz, California, by way of New York City.

I've always had watches but I've never really been super into them until just last year, when I picked up my first mechanical (the modern gateway drug: a Seiko SKX). It helps that my wife was into watches and had her own vintage Omega, and her own growing set of watches-- she was definitely an enabler.

I can't believe how much I've grown my collection (inverse relationship with size of bank account). Went from just one Seiko to a Seiko and a vintage Seiko, to all those and a couple of SARBs, to my first Swiss piece (a vintage Rado), and a second Swiss piece (a more recent Oris), with a few learning experiences along the way... and now I'm waiting for my first Omega to come in the mail.

edit: It's here! it's here! my C-case Connie is here!

This seems like a great forum! Been lurking and learning for a couple of weeks, and I'm happy to be here!

noelekal likes this.
  4. wallaby-dan Jun 11, 2018

Hi,

I am Daniel, a displaced Aussie in Canada and somewhat of a watch fan who got into it late. 9-5 I am a claims adjuster but don’t hold that against me, I can be nice guy I just have to try harder at it than most.

I am married with kids and due to the aforementioned profession, have a modest (actually sad) disposable income so my collection to date is a few Swiss pieces (includes a quartz). Yesterday I acquired my first Omega Seamaster which I plan on de-Frankenizing if that is a verb.

I always planned on getting a Seamaster and this was my price of entry. Given all the Constellation parts inside the Seamaster I just bought, I may end up with 2 Omegas; more to follow on that!

I am please to meet everyone, please go easy on the newbie!!!

noelekal likes this.
  5. Adamtrigg10 Jun 12, 2018

Hello there fellow watch lovers. I’m 16 come August and really into my watches. I currently own a Omega Speedmaster, Tag heuer limited edition; and a couple of my daily wearing seiko’s, and hopefully many more to come. I live in England, near London. Ive just finished my GCSE’s after 12 years of education and I feel like I’m finally becoming a man;). I’m looking forward to learning many new things on this great forum!

I’ll attach the pictures of my small growing collection with this post. Enjoy! Adam.

E192E7FE-75F7-494C-9892-19A1F8AC4F41.jpeg
    hotwheels likes this.
  6. hotwheels Jun 12, 2018

Welcome Adam hope you will gain knowledge and enjoy the banter, great watch collection !!!

Adamtrigg10 likes this.
  7. TBSDSpaniard Jun 14, 2018

Hello All:

I stumbled upon this hobby 15 years ago with an Omega. After a long hiatus, a recent purchase sparked interest again.

Amazing forum!!! Looking forward to meet a few fellow watch-nuts and keep learning.

M

noelekal likes this.
  8. SaltWaterNTarmac Jun 18, 2018

Hello watch lovers,

I am a 24 year old from and currently reside in San Francisco working in Tech(shocker) and have an ME degree and will be starting an MBA soon. I have always been into sailing and race cars and so I guess a fascination with watches was inevitable. I recently bought my dream car, a BMW Z4 M Coupe, and am now researching my first watch, which will be some sort of Speedmaster, with the help of you all. I look forward to you all enabling me to spend money!

noelekal likes this.
  9. Andurs Jun 19, 2018

Hi All,

I'm Andy. I live in Carnoustie, Scotland and I'm a bit of a "I want one of those" kind of collector. (i.e. I have exactly zero disposable income but I still "want one of those" every time I see a decent timepiece.)

I was recently left quite a few vintage mens and womens Omega watch movements (and spare parts) by a friend and have been trying to research case types, crowns etc.in the hope of, one day, putting the movements back in the right type of case with the correct dial, hands and crown. (Lottery win dependant at the moment) Confusing is probably to mild a word - lots of variants, part numbers, minor changes, evolutions through time.............It seems like the tiniest detail can make a huge difference.

I'm hoping to clear up some confusion by reading through the posts here and asking some advice from the experts. Maybe in time I'll learn enough to give some help or answer a few questions.

Anyway, I'm happy I've found this forum, it seems like the only place to be for anyone with an interest in Omega watches.

noelekal likes this.
  10. Kev1n_t Jun 20, 2018

Hello everyone,
    I am Kevin, I live in the south of England and work in an office. Years ago I used to work in the jewellery trade, where my appreciation of mechanical watches began. I only wish my bank account was able to accommodate.

Aside from a few quartz watches (sorry), I own a working Roamer, a Tissot in need of a service and an Omega Speedmaster Mark 2 in need of a lot more than I can claim to understand.

I am hoping this forum will help me to learn more about watches from the experts and true enthusiasts and give me the chance to work out how to get my Omega a chance of a working life.

noelekal and Vitezi like this.
  11. adambisi Jun 24, 2018

Hey people,

I'm Adam from Canada. I'm a long time lurker on the forum. Have never posted before but have bought multiple items from the extremely sincere and reputable sellers on here. The vast wealth of knowledge that exists on this forum is second to none wrt vintage and new Omega watches. Simply said, this site has been crucial in helping guide my watch collection so far. Thank you OF.

Cheers

noelekal likes this.
  12. Aquahallic Jun 27, 2018

New guy here, Rich from Florida. I'm a member on WUS and TRF too.

I have a couple of Rolexes (DJ & Sub) and recently just sold off my other 3 watches (Tuna, Orange Monster & modded SKX007 Planet Monster). I took the Seiko money and put it towards my first Omega, a Seamaster 300M.

Unfortunately that didn't last long. When I opened the plastic coffin I thought I was sent the mid-size by mistake before comparing it to my 36mm DJ. For a 41mm it wore really small and it didn't help that I was coming from a Tuna, so I returned it and bought a PO 8900. Perfection right out of the box. It felt right at home from the first time I put it on my wrist. The only times it's come off of my wrist is at night.

Anyway cant wait to check out this site and meet other members.

noelekal, vbrad26 and TGX like this.
  13. JimF315 Jun 28, 2018

I own a Seamaster 300 and Speedmaster Pro. Glad I found a good place to come to read about Omega watches. Here is my Speedy. I am from New Jersey and new to Omega. 7516783136_IMG_0114.JPG

noelekal and vbrad26 like this.
  14. vbrad26 Jun 28, 2018

Welcome Rich. Whereabouts in Florida are you?

15. Greg5149 Jun 28, 2018

Welcome! I spent 40 or so years in Melbourne, 11 of them playing with rockets in Canaveral...
    G

16. ninjamattic Jun 28, 2018

Hello, my name is Matt. I’m the sysadmin for books and journals manufacturing company. I was an engineer for a big name email company before that. I have wanted an Omega since GoldenEye came out in 95, and just got myself a Speedmaster Day-Date the other day. As much as I was addicted to my Apple Watch, I am enjoying the freedom of having a piece of real engineering on my wrist. Pleasure to meet you all.

noelekal and vbrad26 like this.
  17. Radiumpassion Jul 1, 2018

Hello watch friends!

I`m Thomas. 40 years old car mechanic from Norway. I`ve been roaming
    fleamarkets all my life, but collecting watches since 2002. Still collecting
    many other things like bauhaus period lamps and WW2 binoculars.

Guilty pleasure, Norwegian silver and enamelware. 7E0E7E07-4EF5-4569-B61F-B6050FA16328.jpeg 9C51A52F-8DC1-47A0-9F17-0B6D4C24E0CB.jpeg

Best regards!

Thomas

noelekal likes this.
  18. Greg5149 Jul 1, 2018

19. Greg5149 Jul 1, 2018

Welcome!

20. MidnightBeggar Jul 2, 2018

Hello! I'm Tom, 39...I'm a therapist...and while I've been mildly following/into watches for a few years something happened this year for me and I got super into it. Went crazy with the vintage Seikos for a while (6138 & 6139), then began watching all things Omega, and I also really like Jaeger LeCoultre. Waiting for my first Speedy to arrive as we speak and I have my eye on a steel arrowhead constellation. I'm in a Heuer learning-phase right now in the hopes a Carrera will be on the horizon over the next year.

Can't believe it's taken so long to post!!! Hey everyone!