Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Madjam1966 Jul 12, 2017

Hey Greg. I remember your from the C Ward Forum. This is a far friendlier place.

2. SouthernScot Jul 12, 2017

Welcome, you've come to the right place, helpful and friendly advice is always available and interesting topics to get involved in. It would be good to see pictures of your watches perhaps in the WRUW thread?

citizenrich and Madjam1966 like this.
  3. Andomega Jul 12, 2017

Cheers SouthernScot, will do

4. wkimmd Jul 12, 2017

I realized I never introduced myself to OF formally - I guess this is the place to do it?
    I had been a lurker on this forum for a long time, and I formally joined earlier this year because I was learning so much, and it seemed like a really supportive place.
    I've been getting into watches over the past 3-4 years, so really a newbie. First watch was a Nomos Orion, which was a gift from my wife. My first vintage purchase was a JLC Memovox, under the influence of, yes, Hodinkee, when I saw their article and was completely taken by the charm of a vintage alarm watch.
    Currently I have a few vintage pieces, including an 1016 and a 1675 (incoming this week!), a Movado M95 panda...etc; I've posted pics on various parts of OF. Wearing my 1016 today - but posting a pic of it from last weekend that I posted on my instagram feed (@wkinsf) because I like it a lot.

Thanks OF. I hope to be a good and contributing member on this forum!

IMG_0949.jpg

5. powderstick Jul 18, 2017

hello everyone!

jonathan from vancouver, british columbia here... watch admirer and short time lurker. i've been a fan of watches since highschool but have only now (maybe the last year or so) have really started to appreciate their complexities and now have more than a superficial appreciation for them...

my wife told me 2 weeks ago that she wanted a watch for her birthday and i was thrilled. i asked her to look online to show me what kind of watch she wanted and 4 of the 6 links she sent over were omegas. my research into omegas led me here and damn...

this place is a treasure trove of resources.

just thought i'd introduce myself because i didn't want to lurk too long in a place where i've spent a good deal of my free time on in the 3 or so days i've been a member.

i haven't bought the watch yet because we plan on going into a shop to see what she likes on her wrist but i can easily see her choosing a speedmaster 38 over the other 2 watches she sent me. looking forward to posting the photos of the very first omega to join our family.

cheers!

citizenrich likes this.
  6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 18, 2017

Hi Jonathan - Welcome to the forum.

I think it would only be fair if you bought something for yourself too. ;)

powderstick likes this.
  7. powderstick Jul 18, 2017

That's the end goal for sure. [emoji6]

8. atc100 Jul 19, 2017

Hi all,
    I have never properly introduced myself. My name is Nikola from Croatia and I love vintage watches.
    I have started collecting Omega watches 1.5 year ago and so far have only 3.I became forum addict and need help. :)
    Also I want to thanks all OF members that shared their knowledge and years of work and hope that one day I will be able to contribute as well.

Best regards

citizenrich and Tik-Tok of Oz like this.
  9. robinsta Jul 20, 2017

Hello OF!

My name is Tom and I collect space watches.
    I got my first Omega this year with the purchase of my Gen 1. X-33:
    [​IMG]
    I also have a Seiko 6139-6005 True Pogue:
    [​IMG]
    And I have a Heuer 2915A, the timer that John Glenn used:
    [​IMG]
    But my love of space watches started with the Bulova re-issue of the prototype Dave Scott had on Apollo 15. I've modded my a little by taking the dial out of the all-black version that just came out and putting it in the silver case to get as close as possible without destructively changing anything to the original. I also put it on the correct strap from Kizzi:
    [​IMG]

10. Eftie Jul 21, 2017

Hello, Frank here from The Netherlands...
    Just bought my first 'real' watch, vintage Omega Seamaster Cosmic. I think I saw a picture of a similar one somewhere on this forum.
    Hope to visit the forum regularly and learns lots....
    Omega-2.jpg
    Cheers!

11. bonerp Aug 2, 2017

Just wanted to say Hi, after getting banned from TZ forums and being called a 'dick' by admin(!) after requesting access to reply in sales corner to someones post (after being a member for over 12 months and having over 100 posts). As a result the admin insulted me several times for no reason, referring to me as a retard and other expletives. Then proceeded to ban me!
    So looking for a friendly forum to share my interest in Omega watches. I currently have an Omega Dark Side of the Moon, a Breitling Navitimer World and a Tag James Hunt F1 having slimmed down from a larger collection (not necessarily of valuable gear) earlier this year. Longer term I'd love a speedmaster or possibly a Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m. Building work on my house prevents that currently!!!

Edited Aug 2, 2017
    citizenrich and STANDY like this.
  12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 2, 2017

Welcome @bonerp Sounds like you will fit in. Mods are pretty cool here and don't get that involved unless they have to.
    Usually only get called a dick for being a dick here :p ( unless you mention prototype then it's open slather )

200 posts to reply in FS section here. Make sure you read the stickies as you can get approval wth referances from other sales platforms if you have them.

bonerp likes this.
  13. Tik-Tok of Oz Aug 2, 2017

Post some pics and set an avatar when you have a chance. This is a friendly place. There used to be a guy who'd set your avatar for you if you don't pick one but he's gone fishing.

Longbow likes this.
  14. Hourglass Aug 2, 2017

Newby News:
    Hello all you Omega Lovers, i'm new, a piglet, a cub. Posted an image on sunday of my problematic but -at least to me- appealing Bumper 1951. And already feel welcome through your response. I'll try again:

constellation_551.jpg

What i know: caliber 551, probably from 1961 (that i don't know for sure), rose gold or capped, or ... The seller told me it's a french case, so that's why all the regular marking can't be found. Regular description of the case would probably be 14381.
    You'll get my drift. Any suggestions, links, essays are welcome.
    Regards, yours sincerely, Han

15. bonerp Aug 3, 2017

Here's mine... [emoji1] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Damo Aug 6, 2017

Hello OF,

My name is Damo (Damian) from Scotland, I am on another couple of watch forums as Damo or Damo516 so some of you might recognise the name or the watches.

I loved my watches way back when I was in my late teens/early twenties, unfortunately I also couldnt afford the extra £ to have a few more watches at the time. I received an adidas watch for my 21st which I was over the moon with, didn't take it off for about 10 years, recently revived it and it now resides in the watch box. I've also had a few various other watches over the years but nothing I've really been overly bothered with. I thrn hit my 40th over 3 years ago, got a citizen eco-drive AT4007-54E from family and the bug really kicked in again.

During the last 3-4 years I've bought and sold a few watches, even stripped and rebuilt a few old Seiko's for my own learning experience on how automatic watches work. Over the last year or so Omega watches have been my main buys, currently at 5 so far (2 x f300, 1 x cosmic 2000, 1 seamaster quartz and an old geneve).

Anyway, off to have a nosey around the forum and see what else I can learn :)

17. taikonaut Aug 10, 2017

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here, but finally getting around to posting a proper introduction.

Came here about a year ago because I wanted to get my very first luxury watch, and a vintage one at that. The learnt enough from this forum and other valuable online sources to eventually get a 145.022. These days, my favourite speedy is my 105.003. :)

Hope to learn more from everyone here!

FAECE800-5B54-4EC4-9758-6DEC10111340.jpeg

Cheers,
    Andrew

18. watchestelltime Aug 11, 2017

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum and realized that I never introduced myself so I here it is. I have to say I really like this forum. I am a member on other forums but this is the best community in my opinion.
    A friend introduced me to mechanical watches in 2012 and it was not long after that I purchased my first mechanical watch,

citizenrich likes this.
  19. watchestelltime Aug 11, 2017

Sorry my daughter is 3 and she pushed and send the post before I was done.
    So as I was saying, first watch was Tag Heuer Aquaracer LE Americas Cup. Now I am mainly into modern Rolex watches but I do have one Omega Speedmaster Apollo Soyuz that I like very much. I am a bit of a flipper but these are currently in my collection.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. Nathan1967 Aug 12, 2017

That is a very cool and subtle mod, loos awesome - welcome to the forum!