Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Feb 12, 2017

OMG...It's The Great One :)

2. jsalasrush Feb 13, 2017

High horology fan from Puerto Rico.

Love omegas and blancpain.

Been building a nice wearable collection for over 10 years. I emphasize wearable because the great thing about watches is that they're collectible en enjoyable.

Love the forum.

3. Ziggy_Stardust Feb 14, 2017

Hi everyone,

I have been a long time fan of Omega and virtually all things mechanical. I have had a long time love affair with all the Bond watches and have finally reached a point in my life where I can start collecting them. I am also in the process of trying to convert my wife over by getting her a vintage Seamaster 600, I think this may just give her the bug too. I was referred to this forum by Al from Archers Watches. I can tell you that I have spent most of my day in the WRUW Today forum. Hopefully I can find my wife a nice vintage Seamaster 600 and also a nice Speedmaster for myself.

Cheers everyone!

4. Freshprince357 Feb 14, 2017

Thanks Trev for designing this forum. Love the UI of the platform. Looking forward to contributing frequently

5. Freshprince357 Feb 14, 2017

"Hello All my name is Rod, and I, like to party". That's a joke and a quote from the movie Hot Rod. My real name is Cal. I love timepieces and building businesses from the ground up. Currently working on a private watch market intelligence tool. Connect and/or PM me if you're a developer and want to learn more. Also, I love watches . Did I say that already? Currently rocking a Ulysse Nardin Maxi Rose Gold and a Bell & Ross Big Date. Missing my Omega PO titanium and may pick up a ltd James Bond 50th Seamaster soon. Cheers! [emoji482]

6. HbarN Craftworks Feb 17, 2017

Good morning all, just wanted to introduce myself, as DLT222 recommended.
    I'm Roxy from Montana, my husband and I run a small business.
    I sew canvas and leather watch rolls, tool rolls and bags. I do custom work and am hoping to have some of my product available here soon. I'm hoping to find recommendations from you all, the watch experts, on making my product better. I'm also hoping to find some answers about our collection of family watches.

Excited to be here and learn from the community!

DLT222 likes this.
  7. nygiants Feb 18, 2017

Screenshot_20170218-153801.png

duc likes this.
  8. HiddeninAihara Feb 20, 2017

Hello everyone!

This is my first ever watch forum that I have ever joined. Actually it's my first forum that I have ever joined. The reason being is that I felt that forums were a really archaic way of sharing ideas, and the rules were quite daunting; however, I have changed my mind as of late because I feel like there are major advantages to having a structured community.

I am going to be upfront and inform everyone on Omegaforums that I am joining primarily to be able to reach an audience and be able to sell amazing Omega watches! In no way am I a power seller or distributor or anything of the like, but I sometimes have watches that I'd like to sell.

I have a good record on eBay, and it is still viable, but with the fees it has become increasingly hard to make any money. I really hope to connect with the great people here. I am not yet on WUS or anything, but I feel like 1 forum, one platform should be my focus when I have the spare time. (with the 200 post rule, I have to get busy).

A little more on the personal side, I am a part time flight instructor --> low time pilot starting out my career. I finished my training and my bachelors degree this summer and have begun working for my flight school. My name is Cj.

Nice to meet you.

patk35 likes this.
  9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 20, 2017

welcome. where in Oz are you? I think you have to ask a mod to change usernames @Trev or @dsio (in Brisvegas) should be able to help

10. patk35 Feb 23, 2017

Hey guys, I'm Patrick. I'm an analyst at a software company who spends too much time on planes.

I found myself on here looking for information as I'm still evaluating my speedy options. You guys are a great source of information and have a nice community. This is my first watch forum, and so far everyone seems cool, I'm looking forward to getting to know the community that's been built here. I hope I can contribute to it.

ahartfie likes this.
  11. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 23, 2017

Hi Patrick -

Welcome on board.

Best source for Speedmaster information: http://speedmaster101.com/

patk35 likes this.
  12. patk35 Feb 23, 2017

Thanks for the tip! XJRs are sweet cars, great username.

13. vesspone Feb 25, 2017

Here I am, my name is Giancarlo and I was asked to do a brief presentation of myself.
    My interest in watches, in Zenith watches, started in late october last year: I turned 50 and my wife gave me a Ultra Thin as birthday gift. Since then I was a satisfied user of a pocket watch called iPhone and I didn't feel the need of a wristwatch.
    The Ultra Thin is a wonderful watch without frills and I liked it, but I didn't see the point: quartz is more precise, it is less expensive, who is interested in mechanical watches nowadays?
    So I bought Rössler's Zenith book trying to understand and the whole thing became interesting: mechanical precision, chronometers, observatory competitions.
    Two months later I was addicted: I bought a Catptain 2542PC with original Zenith warrantee (dating the purchase on may 1967) and a lot of books about watches.
    Two weeks ago I discovered this forum: I saw a Zenith Pilot on the Marketplace, I made an offer and now I own it (thank you Doug!).
    I'm interested only in Zenith watches in the pre-quartz era, when making a precise mechanical watch was the top of technology (like smartphones nowadays).
    English is not my mother tongue, so please excuse my errors.

Edited Feb 25, 2017
    STANDY and patk35 like this.
  14. S.jain Feb 26, 2017

Hi all,

My name is Sahil I am from Mumbai India I just joined the forum few days ago I am new to Omega I just bought my fist Omega a speedmaster Professional moonphase 3576.50 this forum is awsome i got to learn so much.

Rodmar, ahartfie and marcn like this.
  15. Brey17 Feb 26, 2017

Hi there ya'll. I am Brian. Been a watch enthusiast for about 3 years.

It all started with an Invicta Quartz Chrono that spoke to me. I knew nothing about watches, but I liked how it looked. Not ashamed at all, even after all the things I have learned in the few years since. That watch will always hold a special place because of what it started.

How did I end up here on Omega? Purchased Invicta > Mondaine > Tendence. Then I discovered mechanical movements! Swatch > Hamilton > Rider > Sea-Gull > HMT.

Then, a bit of shame... discovered fake watches, which lead me to a custom made fake Panerai. Not sure how I feel about the custom made part, but definitely realized the error of my way from looking at fake watch websites. Confession time over.

Discovered KS and eBay Mansfield > BOLDR > Vapaus > Kemmner > Manchester Watch Works. Found an exchange subreddit and traded for a Steinhart OVM and Panzera flieger.

Went on holiday to Japan and picked up a JDM Seiko. Went on a road trip to the Midwest of the US and found a pawn shop Hamilton for $250 that retails for $1200.

All of that to say that my addiction came on fast and my tastes have been refined through all my different acquisitions. How does this relate to Omega? My budget has grown as I have realized that there definitely a quality to cost correlation.

Omega has not done a lot for me, and I am not sure why. I have handled several speedies and for the money, they don't feel that much higher in quality for the money than my Hamilton, Kemmner, Steinhart and Vapaus. I have handled a few Seamasters, and finally one hit me. 2503.33. White face, blue indices. It is BEAUTIFUL! I saw it two years ago and have been on WatchRecon trying to find one under $2500. A few have popped up, but couldn't bring myself to make the purchase. I saw one listed recently and it tugged my heartstrings again. Got on eBay, found two listed. One for $2700 and one for $2300.

Made an offer on the $2300 one for $1950 and it was accepted. It should be here on Wednesday. I hope that it is everything I hope it to be!

Sorry for the long-windedness. Was curious to see how my watch hobby looked like on paper. Might be interesting to some to see what kind of watches preceded an Omega purchase for an average Brian. I will post a photo of my collection when I have the watch in my possession.

Glad to be here with you all.

16. Jrcigar Feb 28, 2017

Hi to all, newbie here. My beautiful bride gifted me with my grail; Seamaster 300MC in stainless on our wedding day this past September.

Not sure how to post pics yet. She knew I prefer straps to bracelets, so she got it on the tan colored strap, and also bought me a black leather leather strap with deployant. (all original Omega) to wear on our wedding day. Not only that, but she bought me the Omega Bond NATO, which is how I wear it daily.

What an incredibly beautiful piece of art this watch is. I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful and loving wife who would think so much of me! Amazing back-story on how she knew what I'd love to have. But that story for another time.

I've been reading this forum long before I owned my Seamaster, joined this past December but waited to post (don't know why) I guess I like reading and learning...

17. E39Talon Feb 28, 2017

Hello everyone! My name is Steven, I have been a lurker on the forums for awhile. Mechanical watches have been an interest of mine for quite sometime. My first Omega was a 3572.50 that I purchased here on the forums from kringkily a couple years ago. I love speedies and connies. I look forward to learning more about vintage watches here on the forum.

Cheers!

marcn and ahartfie like this.
  18. brownwld Mar 1, 2017

Hi,

I've just registered here - my name is Jakub and I come from the Czech republic.

I currently own these 3 omega watches, but I kinda feel like I need to trade my 2015 speedy moonwatch for a '96 (still tritium) moonwatch. :)

Cheers

image.jpg

Rodmar, marcn, ahartfie and 1 other person like this.
  19. michael22 Mar 3, 2017

Hello.
    My name is Michael, I live in NSW, Australia.
    My first Omega was a Constellation cushion with corrugated bezel. A burglar took it. Insured, thankfully. That was 10 years ago.
    I just bought another on eBay, & joined up here to gain opinions on it. The seller seems to be a member here.
    I'm starting to realise I like cushion cases. A week ago, I didn't know they had a name.

I can see that this is a forum with a sense of humour, which is great. Thank you for the friendly reception.

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 7, 2017

Welcome to the fun.
    Set your self a avatar and tape your wallet shut before you log on each time ;)

Rodmar and michael22 like this.