Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. KennyAH Jun 15, 2016

Howdy Folks! Kenny here just arrived. Not an Omega owner....yet!

2. RegF Jun 23, 2016

Hi Folks,

My name is Reg and I'm from the NSW Southern Highlands 180km south of Sydney, Australia.

I've been into watches since my late teens, but sadly never kept the original push-butonn LED Pulsar I had back when thhey were new and cool.

I progressed through collecting a selection LCD digital watches when they were revolutionary tech, then got bitten by the Swatch revolution.

I had never given up my interest in mechanicals, though, so a Speedmaster 40th Anniversary moon watch still recalls my childhood amazement of watch the Apollo missions unfold on television.

[​IMG]

One of my other all-time favourites is my Planet Ocean 9300 Chrono in orange & black

[​IMG]

The collection has waxed aand waned over the years, but I don't think I'll ever not be fascinated by the history, technology,engineering and artisanship that is embodied in watches.

I stumbled across this particular forum a couple of months ago and have a lurked a little since then, so I thought it was time to participate a bit.

ahartfie likes this.
  3. jer1382 Jun 27, 2016

Hi all, my name is Jeremy and I am currently on active duty in the US Army. I move been in 16 years and have served as medic. I have just started building my collection and look forward to learning as much as possible. Below is my most recent acquisition. Will be swapping the band out though not a big fan of snakes..hahaha.

image.png image.png image.png
    ahartfie likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Jul 4, 2016

@RegF, what's with the Goblin? Or is a Grot? It looks as if it's from a pretty old version of 40K :)

5. jpe Jul 5, 2016

Hello,

I've just joined the forum after lurking for a couple of weeks here. I started to look at watches long ago, but I found myself in the position recently to really want one, badly.

I'm a non native english speaker living in UK (London), and well.. I guess you know what happened recently.
    That was the kick I needed to "do the jump".

It took me time to find my dream watch, but I finally settled for an Omega Aqua Terra 150M master co-axial, blue dial. (My short list had a nomos club, and a rolex oyster perpetual). I still haven't bought it, but I guess it's now a question of days. I'm going to an AD tomorrow.

On the "personal side", I'm a technology enthousiast, have a kinda weird sense of humor (I hope you'll get it?).
    I'm also terrible at bargaining. This is gonna be fun when visiting my AD to get a good deal...
    If you have an alternative, I'd be happy to hear from you: I'd rather buy at a renown grey market dealer of this forum, than doing the bargaining myself. (Maybe I should contact Kringkily/George for advise in UK?). But that's maybe for another topic...

Finally, I'd like to congratulate the forum team, because it seems well maintained/moderated and also looks great, on multiple devices. I find myself checking on this forum on my way to work! Having a forum that looks great was (I guess) a lot of effort, so good job css devs.

tpatta likes this.
  6. Jking something intelligent and witty... Jul 5, 2016

I would certainly recommend contacting @Kringkily for help with your search. I myself just purchased my first omega from him recently (a blue dial AT 2503.80) and it was a very good experience. Simply let him know what you are looking for and he should be able to help you find it...you can purchase new but a one of two year old like new watch that can save you several thousand dollars. Mine was an 09 2500c and people think it's brand new. I've had it on my wrist for almost a month now and I've lost one minute (maybe -2.5 sec a day). Can't get much better than that even new out of the box.

7. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jul 5, 2016

I agree weith @Jking . I have purchased WAY too many watches from @Kringkily (George). He is a stand up guy. If he doesn't have it he can most likely find it for you. Contact him before you buy anything.

Jking likes this.
  8. jpe Jul 5, 2016

Thanks for the confirmation @Jking @tpatta . I thought @Kringkily was based in US and couldn't help me out here.
    Never underestimate the international effect of the love of watches...

9. L8nce Jul 8, 2016

Hello everybody.... I'm Lance from Singapore and have been reading a lot from this wonderful forum, learning a lot more on Omega & Rolex's watches. Hope to be able to start fully posting on this forum soon. Thanks for all the replies and help I've got on my 1st enquiry too!

10. mike77 Jul 8, 2016

Hello everyone. I'm Mike from Scotland. I've recently acquired an interest in vintage watches after recently buying a 1968 Rolex Air King. Decided I need to get myself an Omega to go with it. I've been lurking around for a bit but hopefully I'll be getting something soon .

11. NauticalRN Jul 19, 2016

Greetings all,

George form Southern California but currently residing on the east coast. Been drooling over Omegas since I stepped out of the theatre back in 1995- which let me to finally joining this forum. Finally got a SMP James Bond today. Not my first Omega but definitely fulfills a goal. Look forward to expanding my knowledge in that quest to obtain true WIS status. These are my 2 Omegas, and I'm sure they will not be the last ones.

image.jpg image.jpg
    ahartfie likes this.
  12. cmdumond Jul 24, 2016

Greetings!
    My name is Chris and I live in Virginia with my wife, gaggle of children and dog. I am a reformed journalist who happily sold out to work in communications for a company that can't talk about the vast majority of the work we do.
    Aside from being an outdoorsman, my primary hobbies have been restoring and flipping old military-issue rifles. Then I caught the Seiko mod bug and started snatching up and playing Dr. Frankenstein with Invicta pro divers bought on the bay for $20 (they have the same hacking/hand-winding movements as several in Seiko's prospex line -- and talk about polishing a turd). I also like to relentlessly lurk here.
    I've always been drawn to Omegas for their role in the US space program and I'm a Bond fan. My immediate goal is to buy a nice vintage Speedmaster or Connie so I have a legit grownup watch, then to buy a Speedmaster pro.

13. thevespabandit Jul 31, 2016

Guten tag Ich heiße Adrian. I should start by saying that I don't own a Speedie which is a source of great and ongoing anxiety of which I'm looking to rectify.
    What can I say, over educated, under employed (common in some parts of Australia for some reason these days) and I'm a sucker for all things Aviation, Fighter Jets, NASA and by proxy Speedmasters. I've had some great conversations with members already and am super thrilled to be amongst those with the right stuff...when it comes to watches of course :)

ahartfie likes this.
  14. mdgrwl Aug 2, 2016

Hey folks, somewhat new to these forums but over 500 post on WUS and TRF. Omega may be my favorite house with IWC in second. Love me some Omega and decided to join and contribute to the forums :)

Jking and ahartfie like this.
  15. E2R41L Aug 9, 2016

Hi everyone, Moe from NJ. Have been lurking for a while, and decided to join the forum - great community here from what I've observed so far. Thinking about getting a speedy pro (3570.50) to start my collection. From what I've read, it could be a slippery slope... Hope to learn and contribute. Thanks.

16. kerrr.splat Aug 9, 2016

Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I'm an addict. I suppose my addiction started the same as most, with the so called "gateway" watches. I dreamt of JLC, Lange, even IWC (until I found out they were much too big for either of my frail addicted wrists), but knew I had to begin in the little leagues. For me, this started with Tissot, then quickly progressed to Frederique Constant and Montblanc. From there I was hooked and I dived head first into blogs, articles, apps, devouring as much info as there was time for. Then for a bigger birthday I convinced myself I was ready for more. I bought my first Speedy Pro. I nearly threw up ::puke::leaving the watch store thinking I took a bigger hit than I could handle, however after that initial queasiness I knew I would need that rush again soon. Not long after, I was telling everyone I could about it, and trying to convince them and drag them down with me. I started ordering catalogues and stocking them in my office for others to see. Then it was time. I scoured the city for the next hit. This time, the tintin. After sitting in the local boutique for too long, I was convinced I could deal however to no avail, they didn't want my type hanging around. I then found my original dealer and said "come on... just give me a deal... I'm good for it". They did, and I walked out that evening with a new tintin, only this time no queasiness. This nearly dried up the entire tintin supply left in the city, with the suspected last one sitting in the boutique. Now I've signed up on this forum and scouring the pages and vast amounts of knowledge held within (starting with the tintin thread). However I can again feel the urge... Only this time I'm ready for more... Ready to tackle the murky world of online purchases. Ready for watches no longer found on store shelves, wondering if this next one will be the end of me (my significant other has threatened as much).. My drug of choice? Speedy Pro's. The list is growing.

Jason ::screwloose::

Edantony and ahartfie like this.
  17. littlemissGTO Aug 12, 2016

Hello I'm Shauna. My first Omega was an engagement present from my late husband (he passed away February 13, 2016). I now own three Omegas (Apollo 15 45th Anniversary, Dark Side of the Moon Pitch Black, and a Sliver Snoopy) and the collection will more than likely grow. My hobbies include photography (anything but weddings), and cars.

Edited Aug 12, 2016
    abrod520 likes this.
  18. SBryantGB Aug 14, 2016

Hi I have been collecting watches for a few years now and have probably bought and sold nye on 100 models from differing makes before settling on vintage Omegas.
    My first was an F300 Geneve. Although I parted with this (wished I hadn't)

[​IMG]

After that came an Auto Seamaster Cal:1010

[​IMG]
    Followed by an F300

[​IMG]

Which was then followed by a Quartz (This was a gift from Mrs SB)

[​IMG]

And then there is my latest purchase, another F300

[​IMG]

There is one other, which also was a gift from another watch enthusiast, however this one is currently away (again) for repairs.

My Calypso

[​IMG]

Thats it at present for the Omegas.

I do also have a Tudor

[​IMG]

and a vintage Beuchat diver

[​IMG]

Not much of an introduction I'm afraid but Hello :)

ahartfie likes this.
  19. rex360hype Aug 14, 2016

Greetings from the big apple! Relatively new to the forum but have been a watch aficionado for a while now... Slowly creeping my way up the ranks then finally fell in love with a speedy mark ii which I had to get! Now I'm finding myself wanting to sell other watches to switch to Omega. This is going to be a slippery slope :p

And also into photography :)
    3.jpg

ahartfie likes this.
  20. golyaht Aug 18, 2016

Hello from Toronto. Just ordered my first speedy (Apollo 11 30th Anniversary) and have a feeling that my obsession is just beginning. :D

oddboy likes this.