Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. yala Apr 27, 2016

Hello, I am Yannick and I love UG. And sometimes I hate it :D

Greatpa likes this.
  2. jj_cutter May 4, 2016

Hi. I'm JJ. Recently became addicted to mechanical watches. Still learning. Love the late 60s to mid 70s style. Just bought my first omega and thought I would explore more of the brand. This seems like a well of great knowledge and cool people. Hope I can add something to the conversation. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. hedet May 16, 2016

Hello all, I'm Dennis. I've been collecting watches for about 6 years now, and recently picked up a couple Omegas (PO and Speedmaster) so I thought I'd join the forum!

ahartfie likes this.
  4. GsdSheba May 19, 2016

Hello, I've been lurking here for a few days and thought I'd introduce myself as I've loved poking around the posts and seeing all the beautiful watches you all have. This forum is a treasure to behold.
    I'm looking to start my Omega collection soon but want to start with a specific one - long story short, my grandfather left me his watch which he had for his retirement from British Steel but my mother took it back off me and gave it to my stepfather instead, obviously he doesn't have the same sentimental value as I have and it's killing me to see him gardening with it on, it's breaking my heart actually. But there we go.
    Anyway, I've decided to buy my own. It's going to be a 1968 watch that's a ladies version of my grandfather's so it's specific. I'm having trouble finding it's name though, it has black leather strap, a gold face and looks very similar to the Genève (I think) but his didn't have any writing on the face, just Omega and the crown, he had it in 1977.

So that's me, just wanted to say hello and how much I love this forum.

Edited to add a pic of what I'm looking for, not asking, just showing :)
    image.png

dalethorn likes this.
  5. OmegaPreuss May 19, 2016

6. OmegaPreuss May 19, 2016

hi Trevor, I fell over the word sysadmins. Can you please unload this word for a "Fritz" in Australia? I'm also a lover of clocks and watches since early childhood, when I entered my Grandfathers & Fathers Jewellers shops in Germany in the early 50tis.
    This wonderful ticking and chiming from different corners of the room and at different rhythms fascinates me still today and I have recreated this atmosphere now in my own home.. That's why I also joint your forum.

7. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock May 19, 2016

I'm not Trevor, but a sysadmin is a system administrator, one who manages and maintains computers, web sites, and the like. Some of them manage hardware, some of them manage software, and some manage both.

OmegaPreuss likes this.
  8. dalethorn May 21, 2016

Check on your servicing options, so you'll be sure to enjoy your watch for a long time.

9. DeltaRomeo May 23, 2016

Hi all

I'm Darío. I'm a enthusiast of vintage Omega, Universal and Rolex. I'm vintage watch fan for three years. I specially like vintage divers and all Universal Polerouter models. My collection is growing and getting better, and I hope enjoy posting at the forum. I'm reading your posts even before buying my first watch, and all of you have helped me a lot.

10. Geordie May 23, 2016

welcome

11. jaspert May 24, 2016

Hi all,
    I found this forum via watch recon recently and decided to join. I love mechanical watches and has gone through different phases of this hobby over 20 years. Of late the passion is more of vintage diver and chronograph. I used to own a PO when it first came out and still enjoy my vintage black dial Seamaster. Other hobbies include hi fi ( vintage turntables) and tennis. Looking forward to learning and also participate in the forum.

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  12. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 28, 2016

Hello...Call me Jking. I'm former military but now work as a marketing consultant. I currently reside very near New Orleans with my wife and 3 young boys (ages 3, 2, and 6 months...and yes we know how it happens!). Anyway I recently celebrated my 40th Bday and decided I wanted to purchase a nice watch to step up from my two basic Tag Aquaracers. Of course my first thought was Rolex but, due to the rather large expense of raising the 3 aforementioned boys, buying new was out of the question. So my search of online Rolex forums began looking for the perfect pre-owned Rolex...but to my surprise I found myself not liking many of the watches I saw. But I kept seeing people mention Omega so I thought let me take a look...and that was it. I immediately knew this was the watch that fit ME. I've lurked around here for a few weeks and finally joined yesterday to contact a seller. I suppose you could say I'm "in escrow" until this week when I fund the purchase of my first of a soon to be growing Omega collection... a 2009 2500C 39mm Seamaster AT. I can't wait to put it on but more importantly I can't wait to learn more about this hobby (obsession?) and intend to spend some time on this forum doing just that!

Edited May 28, 2016
    duc, ahartfie and watchdaddy1 like this.
  13. archovist May 30, 2016

Hello there, I'm Edward. Always loved mechanical watches - my first was an antique Elgin pocket watch (circa 1870s) I bought off eBay nearly 20 years ago when I was in high school. It stil keeps surprisingly good time, although is due for a service. I also have several wrist watches, both vintage and new, and I try my hand at making leather bands, both NATO and otherwise. My grail watch is a Speedmaster Pro 3570.50, partly because of its history and provenance, but primarily because I have looked at hundreds of chronographs and decided that the Omega is the best for me in terms of reliability, robustness, functionality, and style. Why spend thousands on a Swatch chrono with a Valjoux 7750 and terrible looks when the best - by any standard, even NASA - is a Speedy Pro? I don't have one yet, but have set the goal that when my small business reaches a particular milestone I'll reward myself with one. I'll mostly be a lurker here on Omegaforums, but will eventually join the ranks! Cheers, and good day.

duc and ahartfie like this.
  14. vinn2 May 30, 2016

welcome all

15. françois assay Jun 4, 2016

Hello,I'mFrançois from Paris France,work in métal analysis. Do some scuba diving to see my watches in there élément. Got passion for Leica years ago,and for Time pieces. Hope to travel the world but not to much time(or Money) right now i'm vintage!
    Also I forgot LOVE Oméga watches!

duc and ahartfie like this.
  16. ICONO Jun 9, 2016

+ 1 Leica - Finest cameras & lenses made by Man

17. TheHoof Jun 10, 2016

Hello all! I'm from the UK and first came across Omega when I was 20 while my parents were searching for a timepiece as a gift to mark my 21st birthday. After searching a variety of manufactures, it was the Constellation Automatic. I worse this piece I wore day-in day-out as my only piece for 4 years until I purchased another piece for my 25th birthday (a Baume et Mercier 8693).

Another 5 years past before I decided I needed another piece to mark my 30th and I stumbled across a used DeVille Chrono which I simply fell in love with. The almost art deco cues, glossy dial and display back captivated me and it's hugely versatile watch goes just as well with a suit in the office as jeans at the weekend. It is also a timepiece I haven't ever seen anyone else wearing. About this time I was starting to get geeky about movements and this being an early implementation of the coaxial was another tick in the box.

Shortly after that I got the vintage bug and a '67 meters first 5513 joined the collection and most recently after a long time searching for a top notch c321 speedy, I picked up my 145.012-67 through this forum.

IMG_1916.JPG IMG_1917 2.JPG IMG_1899.JPG
    ahartfie and Jking like this.
  18. KimZ Jun 11, 2016

Just to say "Hi" from a new forum member! I have been left a vintage watch, looks kosher but I will have a good look around the forums before asking dorky questions and posting pics....

19. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 11, 2016

hey Abdull, there's a few of us kicking around. I'm in Toronto.

good job setting an avatar, but you gotta post pics of your watches!

IMG_20160525_211740.jpg

20. peter-chiu Jun 14, 2016

Hello everyone! Long time lurker first time poster.

My name is Peter from Canada. I've typically been a bit of a Rolex guy but omegas have always had a special place in my heart. Started with a nice bond seamaster which was my first omega then before I knew it I added a 3221.30 triple date and a 3572 speedy. This forum has been a well spring of knowledge and I'm glad to finally have set up an account to start posting.

P.s keep your eyes peeled cuz I'm thinking about letting go my triple date soon. Have my eye on another omega gem.