Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. dwndler Mar 30, 2016

Hi all

My name is Denis and I live in Denmark. I have been collecting vintage mechanical watches for some 9 years and I gained some experience through couple of hundred Omega and other brands watches that passed through my hands. I like to say that I have a floating collection that is always changing and including major brands in watch industry. If I am not braking any rules you can check my watches on Instagram (nick: dwndler).

2. sailor672 Apr 2, 2016

Thanks for these clear words. I have been "co-reading" for a few weeks now - and just registered. If there´s some kind of introduction thread for new members I missed - please let me know! My "watch portfolio" consists of 6 Nomos and 6 vintage watches (GUB, Zenith, Marvin), no Omega, unfortunately. I have been looking for some nice vintage Omega for some time now - but without real knowhow fake danger seems to be enormous and prices (even for crappy vintages) are too high to just "giving it a try".
    Well, I hope I'll learn a lot here - I´m looking forward to it!
    Best regards from Germany
    Eva

UncleBuck and ahartfie like this.
  3. ZKB0302 Apr 2, 2016

Hello
    My name is Zachary I am 17 and I stumbled across my grandfathers Omega automatic. It is from the late 1940's at least that is what my dad told me. I have researched this watch and have hopes for repairing it. It has no markings on the back. The mechanics still work when you move the hand back. I would like to know Any information is greatly appreciated. I am also interested in this forum, because I am a history fan and I believe I could learn a lot from you all!

4. ZKB0302 Apr 2, 2016

Here is the watch. image.jpeg

5. 50s60sChild Apr 4, 2016

Douglas here - slowly coming to appreciate the world of Omega....mostly 50s and 60s watches (or at least hoping to keep it limited to those years). I've spent a fair amount of time obsessing over vintage Rolex, so I'm hoping to not make the same mistake here LOL

I'm desperately trying to be a cautious buyer - so these are my first 2 forays into Omega (please be kind if I've made beginner's expected errors).

I am a bit of a fan of the unique bracelets that Omega seems to have over the year...quite refreshing compared to the world of Rolex.

Steel constellation.jpg Pink rice Seamaster.jpg

6. erlcl3e Apr 6, 2016

Hey all, Eric here. I love watches and have great respect for all things Omega. I inherited my dad's old Omega that he was gifted when he married my mom, I'll post pics later (currently at work). But also getting married soon and beginning my collection with a brand new Speedy pro, as soon as Kringkily gets new shipments in. Slightly wary of buying things new or used online from someone I've never met, especially at a high price. But I know he comes highly recommended and I have a good friend who also bought his speedy pro through him, which puts my mind a lot more at ease. Thanks for having me!

7. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 7, 2016

Hey everyone. I'm a current student at the University of Texas graduating in May of this year. Upon graduation, I'll be working at a large financial institution in wealth management. I joined the forum last week or so when I was researching the Omega Speedmaster and where I should purchase it (graduation gift to myself). I currently own a 1977 Rolex Datejust ref. 1505 and a few other low-end quartz watches.

I'm happy to say that I purchased a 3570.50 Speedmaster today from Kringkily and am eagerly awaiting delivery! I aim to broaden my knowledge of horology in this forum and am excited to be a part of this group.

ahartfie likes this.
  8. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Apr 7, 2016

I'm sure you know this already, but they let some people go last week, so you'll have to go in on weekends to play... catch-up.

Welcome to the forums. Nice graduation present to yourself! Enjoy it.

longhornbba likes this.
  9. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 7, 2016

At least I'll be able to calculate how much time I spend at work on the weekends w/ my new Speedie :)

ahartfie likes this.
  10. 3NZ0 Apr 13, 2016

Hi all, am Enzo, French living in HK. Complete rookie and never been a watch guy until now. Own a JLC Ultrathin and my late grandfather's battered Longines Ultrachron (pictured, will hopefully change my avatar at some stage with my first Speedy).
    Must have been getting bored or started a midlife crisis a few months back and decided to buy a couple of vintage watches (to my wife's relief: was not going to get myself a porsche and date younger women ).
    Quickly got obsessed with the Speedy (am thinking 105.012 or 145.012), started reading everything including OF forums (and having a lot of fun in the process), got myself the MWO (now that set the alarm bells ringing w my wife: 200$ for a book, what the .... ???) and am now getting very nervous as i see the market moving away from me. Is speedmaster101.com's indicative pricing grid already completely obsolete and speedy's changing hands 50% above the guide price ? Wait and see...

Enzo likes this.
  11. relaxer7 Apr 13, 2016

Hi there I'm Richard from the UK I own a few watches and really want to get to know some more about Omega before I make my first purchase!
    image.jpeg This is what I've got on today :)

ahartfie likes this.
  12. SteveP Apr 18, 2016

Hello all-this seems like a good place to start (my 2nd OF post!). I'm in the UK and my daily wearer was the Bond Seamaster for many years. Last year the world of vintage watches opened to me and I recently inherited a 60s Seamaster 600. I also managed to get a Speedmaster Reduced and FINALLY I have just (2 days ago!) agreed to buy a 70s Speedmaster Pro-VERY much looking forward to receiving and getting it on my wrist! All for now...........................!
    Steve

ahartfie and abrod520 like this.
  13. OmegaMan_4:20 Apr 18, 2016

Very nice GUI layout, thanks for the design from a software sales guy. Happy sailing - cheers!

14. Mathemagician Apr 18, 2016

My name is Jack. I posted a bit about my interest in watches in another thread (my first post - this is my second). In addition to a budding interest in watches, I love math, golf and craft cocktails. I'm interested in learning more about omega watches and hopefully buying a few of my favorites. 1 wife, 2 kids, 3 dogs...nice to meet you all.

15. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 18, 2016

Welcome. I have never heard of craft cocktails. I just googled it. I am all in on that one. Sounds less expensive compared to watches.

Nice grand, btw.

16. Mathemagician Apr 18, 2016

Thanks. And re: the expense of craft cocktails, it probably should be less expensive than collecting watches, but I can tell you that even with the GS, it may take a while for my budding watch habit to cost me more than the liquor collection...

17. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Apr 18, 2016

Welcome! My name is Garv and I'm a golfaholic that enjoys cocktails. And watches. Not necessarily in that order. Its nice to meet you

18. Mathemagician Apr 18, 2016

Nice to meet you as well. I like those in any order.

19. Just Livin Apr 20, 2016

Trevor and et al moderators. I have not long been a member of this site. But feel compelled to write just how wonderful the setup is. Extremely well structured. Immensely addictive. And no doubt to those existing members a great source of pleasure.
    I only wish I would have discovered The Forum sooner!

20. WurstEver Apr 22, 2016

Hello all, I've just joined the forum after lurking for a couple of years. I only started to get interested in watches relatively recently. I have loved all things space and sci-fi since I was a kid. My partner says she's never seen me so happy as when I saw my first manned space launch - the very last shuttle mission, STS135 back in 2011. I've since had the pleasure of meeting two of the crew members who were on that flight and I think I managed to avoid acting too much like a giddy school boy...but only just. So when I decided to buy a watch it had to be a member of the Speedmaster family. The only question was which one - and that's when the fun began. I spent months finding out as much as I could from this forum and others and eventually I decided for a few reasons that the best choice for my first Speedy (yes, there will be more) was the 9300. Perhaps not a typical choice, but after a year on the wrist, definitely the right one for me. I love it. My interests are now turning to vintage Speedies. There's so much to learn and this forum is a great resource. Thanks to all the super-knowledgeable people here and I hope I can contribute something in the fullness of time. Below is a photo of me and my 9300 recently touching a moon rock at the Johnson space center.

DSC01563_1920x1080.JPG