Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. crownretro Oct 20, 2015

Thanks, dsio from across the ditch! Yeah, it's a 145.012 - 67. And very good condition considering it's age.

2. stgermaine Oct 26, 2015

Hi everyone,

My name is Tim, I work for an institutional investment consultant, mostly in the pension field. I live in Los Angeles.

My first foray into fine timepieces began with the Seiko 5, the gateway drug. After my first taste of Swiss watches with a Tissot, I set my sights higher. I've visited many watch stores during a trip to Vegas, New York city, and decided that my next purchase will be an Omega. A few weeks after my birthday, I was able to find a Railmaster at a very good price. It is fitting since my grandfather used to be a railway engineer.

rm 1.jpg
  3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 27, 2015

The sub-y and speedy are total aces but that citizen is the sleeper in the lot.

Very literally, one of the best watches ever made. And, it looks bad a$$

4. YurRomeo1 Oct 30, 2015

Hi everyone,

I am Ron, a Finance guy by trade but a watch lover and trader by heart! I have always had a passion for watches and an appreciation for Omegas in particular. I never really knew why I liked Omegas so much but I later found out that my father's first nice watch was a Speedy Pro, a gift from my grandfather. So it seems it just runs in the family!

I remember getting my first watch when I was just a little boy... It was a big plastic watch my grandfather bought me at the farmer's market while on our weekend walk! My family says they still remember when I came into the house walking tall and very proud of my new timepiece! While I don't have the watch anymore the passion and love for watches never went away!

As some of you know, I am a regular seller of Omegas (and others) on eBay. I know there have been a few threads regarding my watches in the past, before I joined the forum. Now that I am a part of the community I hope to be able to contribute and also learn from all of the knowledge that is here.

If you ever have any questions for me please don't hesitate to ask!

Although I don't keep a very large personal collection, I do have a few timepieces that I love and hope to share with you guys... What that being said, here are pictures of some of my favorites!

First is my most prized possession! A Universal Geneve Golden Shadow that my grandfather gave to me just days before passing away.

IMAG0692.jpg

Next a Sinn Regulateur in Rose Gold

20130906_105900 (2).jpg

This was my college graduation present from my father!

IMG_0789.JPG

And finally... The one I usually reach for in the mornings!

IMG_0159.jpg

5. OmegaCal861 Nov 4, 2015

Hello my name is Lazaros,i work in the airport of Brussels as a safety officer and i am a big fan of exclusive vintage watches.
    My intention is to read and if i have questions to ask and hopefully get some good advice.

6. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Nov 4, 2015

My name is Ron and I am a consultant in suburban Chicago. I got bitten by the watch bug about a year and a half ago.
    Most of my pieces are family pieces that my mother had squirreled away that had belonged to my father and grandfather,( like this GP Gyromatic and the Thoresen ReciproRegister.) I'll add additional pictures of the Aqua Terra, Gubelin and vintage Hamilton later.

GP.jpg Thoresen.jpg
    dougiedude and noelekal like this.
  7. Omegaboy Nov 7, 2015

Hi everyone. My name is Spencer and I have always loved mechanical watches. You make think it strange, but I've always hankered after a top end watch, since my Dad returned from abroad with a (well made) fake Rolex when I was 15. It had a Seiko movement inside and lasted for several years. Now I'm older-I wanted a real one. Having hit 40 and realising I don't have anything truly personal to 'pass on' to my two sons, I decided I needed two vintage Omegas to fit the bill. Both are mechanical and I think really special. My new 1970 Dynamic arrived yesterday from India (fully repainted and refurbished-which I know is usually a no-no-but I just thought it beautiful) and this is my Avatar picture. The other is a 1968 Seamaster de ville bubble back with a bronzed face-absolutely original mint condition-and recently fully serviced. I was offered this at a staggeringly bargain price by a jeweller friend of my family. Just wanted to say hello. Might need your help soon-I have parts for a third watch arriving from Australia-to mend a similar broken one from e-bay. This is a little project I've started. image.jpeg
    Spencer

dougiedude and Darlinboy like this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 7, 2015

Welcome aboard all, never be shy to put up some pictures and @Omegaboy we need shots of the other two watches.

Always good to see people with a first post here with a avatar :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Omegaboy likes this.
  9. Omegaboy Nov 7, 2015

Will post when they arrive.

10. Moonwatcher Nov 8, 2015

Hello Omegaforums! I must have missed this thread, having posted a few times already ... My name is Ken, I'm 27 and currently a Marketing Executive living in Columbus Ohio. I've been a watch fan since I was a teenager, specifically Omegas and Accutrons (watch geek + space nerd). Three years ago I finally bought my first [3570] Speedy Pro. I own a few vintage watches but recently I've been getting into the vintage speedy/accutrons market. Here's some pics of a few favorites in my modest collection.

speedy gulf 4.jpg

Random vintage omegas 1.jpg

Accutron 1.jpg

11. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Nov 9, 2015

Nice opening shot!

Accutron collecting is serious business! Probably the most hardcore, energetic (pun, intended) and organized subculture for the entire watch collecting universe.

12. LawBrk Nov 9, 2015

Hey @Moonwatcher Nice to see another Ohioan on here! Really like the Sharktooth Seamaster. Columbus has some good vintage shops too, you're lucky to be so close!

13. sambvca Nov 13, 2015

Hi All

After passive watching, couple of posts on ΩF it's time for me to introduce myself - my name is Maciek. Besides contracted some time ago interest for Omega, like some of us, I have also passion for sailing and Bengal cat bossing around Rhodesian Ridgeback.

As for the watches, I own my granddad's Swiss pocket watch, which he got when left POW camp near Switzerland (I still need to find out details about it). Unfortunately it was given to a kid in my family and got damaged (crown, glass, both hands and dial). It's still waiting for restoration.
    Initially thought about getting vintage Seamaster for start, but pretty quickly abandoned that idea and went after Constellation. 168.004 Pie Pan, was most appealing to me - hidden crown in stainless steel (would be happy to own a Connie in white gold one day). I eventually found one on the bay, that had her best days already behind. Thanks to this forum I was happy to pull the trigger. It turned out pretty nice. The only part that was replaced was the cracked glass. Also (impossible to find so far) crown has a split and requires replacement (if you have original one I'd be happy to buy it ;-). I like this watch a lot, hence avatar.

I'd like to thank here again @mondodec for his advice and @stefan for bringing her back to her glory.

Probably, won't be long before I start lurking for the next one and share it with you.

Cheers!

IMG.jpg
    Omegaboy, arkstfan and Garv like this.
  14. Omegaboy Nov 14, 2015

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    My little collection. The Constellation image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Quartz is NOS and never been worn. I have a donor watch with the jeweller to take the 1332 movement from. The Seamaster is the oldest and probably the best, but I wear the Dynamic daily for work.

15. arkstfan Nov 20, 2015

Been posting a bit.
    My wife proposed buying me an Apple Watch and the more I looked at them the more I became convinced I wanted a real watch. My budget won't put me in a speedy just yet but I've snagged a few bargains that I am truly enjoying.
    First was an Invicta on Amazon Day. Then a vintage early 50's Seamaster and I picked up a cheap Elgin that reminded me of my father's and then after hitting bid recognized I was wrong but hey it was cheap.

This site is my favorite place waste time uh learn new stuff each day. Soaking up what I can about the speedys just before the moon watch for a future buy but between now and then probably will buy another Elgin and maybe a Bulova and Hamiliton. Nothing that will have any notable dollar value thus old rather than "vintage" :) but old well made running watches need love too! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 20, 2015

A couple of nice watches and welcome to the forum.

( no need to post the Invicta ever again ) or @JimInOz might see it

arkstfan likes this.
  17. arkstfan Nov 20, 2015

Thanks! I know the "I" word isn't well regarded but I bought it new for the same I spent on the Elgin and it helped get me hooked.

My wife laughed at me today and said "Now you understand why I like shopping". :/

18. arkstfan Nov 20, 2015

Nice collection. That Connie is beautiful!

19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 21, 2015

Hey!

I'm not the only hater here of the Invi......<gag> Invic...<cough cough> Invict...<choke choke choke>

Well, you know, that brand of watch whose name shall not be spoken.

;)

arkstfan, italy1861 and STANDY like this.
  20. PaulC77 Nov 27, 2015

Hi omega forum members!
    I've been posting here for a short while, been a member for a lot longer but never really used the forum that much. I have now though!
    My name is paul, I'm an engineer from London, I've got a few watches, but could always have a few more given the opportunity.
    I must say this is one of the faster moving forum and I'm enjoying it. I like the spread of brands that are included and have noticed the spread of posters across all threads. It's good, I like it and I'm enjoying joining in with all you like minded watch enthusiasts!
    I suppose I should include an omega since that's where we are...

image.jpeg

All the best

Paul

Baz9614, arkstfan, Garv and 2 others like this.