Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. jase2015 Aug 14, 2015

Good evening everyone!
    I have just joined the forum so thought I would say hello! Previously I have collected coins but after inheriting my grandfathers Omega Deville, I am looking to add to my collection. I have recently purchased an Omega Seamaster F300 'Cone' 198.012 (Cal. 1250) and I love it. I am particularly interested in F300hz Omega's and I have learnt a lot from Pauls fantastic website (electric-watches.co.uk).

Let the collecting begin!

Best regards,

Jason

2. panchoskywalker Aug 14, 2015

Hi, My name is Francisco I am from Chile. I got into watches a couple of years ago. I went to this forum because I want to own a moonwatch. I will be reading till I make my decision.

Cheers,

Pancho.

3. Ramses Aug 18, 2015

Hey guys,

My name is Ramses, 33 years old and born & raised in Holland.
    I'm "into watches" as long as I can remember, when I was 16 I bought my first "real" watch; a Rado Ceramica (everyone was young once :cool:)
    2 years later I bought my first Speedmaster (reduced automatic), since then several watches came and went, but there was always at least one Speedmaster in my collection. Currently I own a DSOTM, Submariner, Date just, Cartier Tank and off course my Rado Ceramica;)....Well, pictures say more then a thousand words, so:

DSC_0045.jpg DSC_0370.jpg DSC_0464.jpg DSC_3286-2.jpg DSC_6268.jpg DSC_8578.jpg DSC_0904.jpg DSC_1925.jpg
    cristos71, Lou P, jsaen and 3 others like this.
  4. Fastsled Aug 18, 2015

Hello just found this forum! Also just bought this Geneve for a nice price of $50.00 not bad I hope.

Darlinboy likes this.
  5. Timeframe Aug 22, 2015

I've just joined, been away from forums for a long time as they didn't interest me any more...however this one seems to be the best of the bunch and a useful resource as greater knowledge is gained through the sharing I see. I've owned Omegas for over 20 years and have a few speedmasters, SM300, planet ocean, pocket chronometers and watches from other brands and I will dip in and out to learn more....so hello all and I will probably get some pics together going forward...

Darlinboy likes this.
  6. RRMagyar Aug 31, 2015

Good Evening. I am making my second post on this Forum, this evening, after visiting it almost daily for the past year or more. I recently purchased my second Omega, a new Seamster Diver 300 M, and I very happy with it. It joins an Omega DeVile Hour Vision ORBIS. I will post a picture or two this weekend, if not sooner. I have been interested in watches for a decade or so and I have owned a number of different brands including Zenith, JLC, and Panerai; but I do not consider myself a watch collector. I hasten to add that fountain pens have been of interest to me for much longer and "collector" would be an apt description on that front. Everyday, one of the Omegas and one or more fountain pens makes a great way to head out the door to work.

I have enjoyed this Forum very much. I may not post a lot but I will continue to explore and learn more about Omegas with all of you over time.

All the best,

Ron

Darlinboy likes this.
  7. Threemann Sep 7, 2015

Hello,

This is my first post but I have been looking around for a little while. I own two Omega watches, a Seamaster Diver 300m and a X-33 Solar Impulse. I also have a Marathon TSAR that sacrifices itself during hazardous work. I am saving up for a Speedmaster pro. Part of my saving up includes selling my wife's Speedmaster auto (middle picture). Any advice on where to sell this would be greatly appreciated.

You all have been a great resource for me to learn about these watches and I appreciate the fact that you share your knowledge.

I have added a few photos and now I realize that I have to take up photography as well. The iPhone camera does not cut it.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Lou

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 8, 2015

Hi, everyone. My name is David, and I'm from the Washington, DC area.

After wearing the same Seiko for 31 years, I recently picked up a Sinn and have another on the way, and I'm looking forward to acquiring a Speedmaster Pro and either a SM300 or a PO. I'm mainly reading as much as I can on several watch forums so I am better educated before making a purchase. But education/ logic aside, the GSOTM really has my eye.

Edited Sep 8, 2015
  9. LawBrk Sep 10, 2015

Greetings OF,

A quick hello and expression of thanks for the wealth of knowledge shared here. Been low level WIS for a while but really enjoy reading and researching these great timepieces. Aside from fine wine and woman (read singular) watches are a close 3rd in the hobby list. My collection is small but I've always been taken with the connies/speedys (I have many moments to list in the "one that got away" thread).

Thanks again and looking forward to a fun time here. Below is an obligatory photo of the family:

Cheers,

Law

watches.jpeg
    Jones in LA likes this.
  10. urmacher Sep 20, 2015

Hi. My name is Teo, 39 years old. I'm from Slovenia. Watch intusiast. I'm inloved in Omega watches from the 70's. Best regards to all of you, Teo.

11. Fabian Sep 30, 2015

Hey Guys, thought I should introduce myself. Been reading a lot but without posting here on Omega Forums for the past few months.

Swedish 23 year old student (for the moment doing an exchange in Taipei, Taiwan) who has been loving watches for more than 5 years. Unfortunately is it hard to continuing buy with low income, but I try to do my best. The first 3 years as a WIS, I bought a sold watches all the time. For now, I'm more settled and trying to build up a collection (even though I takes time....). I like what I have as much as what I have had. Some of the pieces I've sold do I really miss. But that just makes excuses for buying more, right?

"Collection" (hard to say it's a collection with just 3 pieces, but still)

Rolex 5513 -78
    DSC_0215.JPG

Omega Ploprof 600 -78
    DSC_0246.JPG

Audemars Piguet Cal. 2003 -60
    DSC_0237.JPG

Taddyangle, noelekal and Paedipod like this.
  12. fibonacci086 Oct 7, 2015

Hello Everyone,
    I am from Bienne Switzerland and I got the infected by the Omega virus the date I received a nice Aqua Terra coax 8500 as a graduation gift.
    Since a year my interest has switched to the speedies.

I am learning a lot here and I am looking forward to highen my knowledge a bit more in order to participate more actively.

Cheers !

Darlinboy likes this.
  13. Mad Cow Oct 7, 2015

Hello all! Been here for some while, but decide to make this member account. I go crazy for Omega, among some others.

Moo Moo Moo-ving on in! ::psy::

14. oak1971 Oct 7, 2015

My name is Rob and I have been participating in the horological hobby for a few years now. Mostly in the affordable range, but I just popped on a JDM only Speedy that was suddenly "affordable". I'm here to learn about Omega in general and my 3511.50 in particular.

15. Hijak Oct 8, 2015

Welcome Rob, just want to warn you that your perception of "affordable range" will change greatly the more time you spend here, as I think you may be sensing already!:whistling:

16. oak1971 Oct 8, 2015

Yeah, I've been drooling over many items already.

17. crownretro Oct 20, 2015

Hi there!

I'm from New Zealand and have a small collection so far and acquired a nice Rolex Submariner recently! Really looking forward to getting into this forum!

18. Hijak Oct 20, 2015

Welcome to the forum and don't be bashful about sharing pictures of your watches as we love pictures here.:thumbsup: Vintage submariner or modern? Oh, and go All Blacks!:cool:

crownretro likes this.
  19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2015

Hey Bru! This site is actually operated out of 'Straya bru! That Cal 321 Speedy you got there in your avatar looks sweet as! :)

crownretro likes this.
  20. crownretro Oct 20, 2015

Hi, Hijak. I've got a Speedmaster Professional, Submariner Oyster (circa 1990s) and an Eco-Drive Black Eagle. I'm saving up for a Santos (preferably steel, lol) next.

P1110231.JPG P1110237.JPG P1110234.JPG
    Edited Oct 20, 2015