Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Muttley Mar 4, 2012

Hi, Shayne here. No Omegas yet, but hope to pick up a birth year constellation or similar some day. Only active on one other forum, and things have slowed down a lot on the watch collecting side since the quakes here in Christchurch. Kind of have other things to worry about right now with the recovery (and I am one of the lucky ones with less damage than so many, and no family casualties).
    Sorry, not trying to bring things down here - I still love watches, and enjoy checking out all your great collections :).
    Cheers.

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 4, 2012

Welcome to ΩF. Sorry to hear you were dragged through all that stuff in Christchurch.

Are you guys planning to stay there, or is moving elsewhere a consideration?

3. Steve Mar 4, 2012

Yours and your families safety is paramount, you can buy a watch any time. Hope this forum will bring you some light relief from the worries you, your family and friends must be going through. Welcome.

4. Muttley Mar 4, 2012

Thanks guys :thumbsup:.
    Trev - with two kids in school (eldest just started High School this year) stability is important. I went through 4 High Schools in 5 years and it was pretty disruptive...
    All my family, and my wife's parents live here as well so we have a duty of care to stay as well.
    We'll pull through, there's so many worse off than us (just hearing about the ton of tornadoes in the States this week - not good).

5. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 6, 2012

Hi, im Matt, been into watches for 8 months and have a few bits am pieces including an Omega Chronostop, speedy 125 and a Speedy Mark v. I buy an sell wines ... so any Aussie members ... I can look after you very nicely

Matt

6. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

Hey Matt,

Welcome to ΩF. I'm from the Gold Coast, and a designer/admin for the forums here. Our sysadmin (dsio) is in Brisbane... though our servers are in Texas. Plenty of other Aussies here too. Can't hurt to have a wine dealer around. :thumbsup:

Cheers

7. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 6, 2012

Thamks for the welcome Trev. Website is winedirect.com.au amd happy to do discount on anything on the site for members... will vary, but min would be 10%, more on some items. Always happy to swap wine for watches too...

Cheers,

Matt

8. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

Rum is definitely my go-to drink (but don't worry, not Bundaberg), and Ales, but I certainly enjoy a nice Shiraz. I'm originally from Canada and can confidently say that Australia has fantastic wines. The quality to price ratio here is really something.

9. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 6, 2012

Mmm, Bundy, is it rum? Dunno, I Dont drink a lot of rum, but i do like the bacardi anejo 8, Havana rum and Appleton. Ill stop 'selling my business' at this point, but def happy to look after members ( just flick me a message)

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

You sell rum for a living, or drink in general? And yea Bundy is Australian rum.

EDIT: NVM, I'm a bit slow and didn't read the above posts lol.

11. ulackfocus Mar 6, 2012

Now if we could recruit a butcher as a member we'd be set! :thumbsup:

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

I'm a vegetarian so bleh :p

13. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

Yeah, well... PETA might take issue with your gravy consumption. That stuff tastes good for a reason :)

14. ulackfocus Mar 6, 2012

Good. More filets for me.

People Eating Tasty Animals.

15. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 6, 2012

I love meat in an almost unnatural way but when vego food is good I reckon its better than meat (assumes foetal position)

dsio likes this.
  16. Steve Mar 6, 2012

Salad is what food eats !. ::bleh::

Trev likes this.
  17. ulackfocus Mar 6, 2012

:thumbsup:

I say something similar when we go to a seafood place. I want to eat the prize - not the bait used to catch it.

18. Steve Mar 6, 2012

A man after my own heart. ;)

19. astrosfan Mar 10, 2012

Hi, I'm Trey & I've been collecting & enjoying watches for a few years. I only have one vintage Omega so far, but there will surely be others to come. Thank you Dennis for turning me onto this forum!
    My '62 Seamaster:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A shot of its 550 automatic movement:
    [​IMG]

20. ulackfocus Mar 10, 2012

Hi Trey. That was fast. What does Laura think about you having another forum to post on now? :whistling: