Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. CdnWatchDoc May 22, 2014

Well, there truth in that statement. Charlottetown is a great place! Was there about this time last year with my wife and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday, including the sparsely populated beaches! Welcome to our little area of watch paradise, eh?

2. JD754 May 24, 2014

Hi all! I guess I'll make a quick introduction in line with some other Canadians here. I'm new to the vintage world and I absolutely love the forum. I just bought my first vintage Speedy (a 145.012) from here and haven't taken it off since. Thanks!

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 24, 2014

That's an impressive starting point for the world of vintage watches - well done, it will be a tough act to follow.

4. Stu-Silver May 24, 2014

5. Stu-Silver May 24, 2014

Hi all, introducing myself to the global community, I'm from Yorkshire in the UK. Fell in love with watches after inheriting my Grandads mid sixties Seamaster cal.565. collected retro Seiko's and then bought an Omega Chronostop drivers. Found myself starting to type in Omega more than Seiko on eBay and then found a beautiful 1959 Constellation 551 cal. at my local market still on its original strap and absolutely love it, followed by a Seamaster Cosmic 565 cal. a few weeks later on a beads of rice Strap. Just chopped in a load of watches and spent my lot on a 2nd hand Omega Speedmaster Reduced with silver subs which I love, so have very much started to populate a new stable! Thought it was time to stop lurking and introduce myself!

6. bvertz May 29, 2014

My name is Brian, and for the past 25 years I've lived in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (go Steelers and Pens!). I grew up on a farm in the Midwest and attended the University of Michigan (go Blue!). My great-grandfather left me a Hamilton Brock, which was gift to him when he retired from the paper mill in the 50's. It was lost by a family member while I was in law school. I finally replaced it this year and gave it to the family member who lost the original. I am starting my own collection with a fine quality vintage gold automatic watch. I started looking at Conquests and Polerouters, and then I saw stars....well, Constellations! My second watch will be a more modern steel chrono, perhaps a Speedy or a Tiger Prince. I've read a lot of articles here, on WuS, and Desmond Guilfoyle's blog. I really appreciate all the great info!

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 30, 2014

Welcome guys!

8. Rodderz Jun 16, 2014

Hi folks,
    My name is Rod and I am from New Zealand. I am a watch novice so far :) I have a Seiko auto and a Steinhart Marine hand wind that I got for my 40th. But man I am loving the vintage Omega's! I am on the hunt for my first, maybe a Geneve or Deville. Just hanging out here soaking up the knowledge.

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 16, 2014

Hey bru! Welcome to Omegaforums eh? :)

Rodderz likes this.
  10. kamak Jun 17, 2014

Hi all,

Just noticed this introductions thread so here we go. My name is Marko and I live in Tampere, Finland. I got in to watches at early age, I think I was maybe 6 or 7, don't remember it so closely anymore, but for some reason some of my relatives gave me several watches for me to "fix them". Well, I was good in putting them in pieces, but not so good in putting them back together anymore. :) Anyways, around that time (end of 70's/beginning of 80's) I also got my first watch (which wasn't broken), a black Casio digital watch, it was cool for a little boy, but even more cool back then was my fathers 1969 Tissot manual wind, which is still running and now part of my collection.

For long time I could only dream about better watches, but then on 2008 I bought my first Omega, Seamaster Professional Diver 300M with a co-axial movement. Then I found my fathers old Tissot which I mentioned before and got a bug for vintage watches. Now I have in my collection following watches:

Tissot Automatic Cal 28.5 (1951)
    Tissot World Time Navigator Cal. 28.5 N-21 (1953)
    Tissot Seastar Seven Cal. 784 (1963)
    Tissot no name hand winding watch Cal. 781 (1969)
    Longines Conquest Cal 19AS (1956)
    Longines Admiral 5 Star Cal. 340 (1962)
    Omega ConstellationCal. 561 (1961)
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300MCal. 2500 (2008)

I've been lurking on other watch forums earlier, but found this great forum just recently. My next watch, well, the list is long, vintage Speedmaster, Constellation/Seamaster with black dial, LeCoultre Memovox, Rolex GMT Master II, 18k Constellation/Conquest, IWC Ingenieur etc.

11. Hijak Jun 20, 2014

Kamak, very nice collection, would love to see some pics of your collection...especially that Conquest.:thumbsup:

12. kamak Jun 20, 2014

Thanks Hijak, I will post some more photos after couple of my watches will return from watchmaker (Constellation and Admiral currently being serviced), but hope you have seen these threads:

http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-constellation-from-ebay.13235/
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/just-arrived-today-vintage-conquest-automatic.13849/

Here are my Tissots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hijak likes this.
  13. Hijak Jun 20, 2014

Kamak I have one word for that Conquest...SWEET!::love:: Oh my that is in incredible condition, if Dennis hadn't already called dibs I would have to. Those Tissots are very nice also, love your strap choices.:thumbsup:

14. kamak Jun 21, 2014

Thanks Hijak

15. gilirete Jun 21, 2014

Hi folks,
    My name is Gili and I am from Romania. I have started to collect watches (only Omega's) after a trip in China 4years ago. I bought then more then 10 fake watches with less than 200 euros. Back home, i wasn't satisfied with them at all. I bought first a genuine Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT, and fall in love with this brand for ever. I have started to collect Speedmasters and Seamasters, especially from the '60ties and70 ties. I have bought a lot of books about this brand and have learnt a lot about watches and horology.I have made a subscription to Watch Time magazine and I am on ebay, chrono24 and e auctions many hours weekly. One of my best days as a Omega aficionado, was three years ago, when I payed a visit to Omega Museum in Bienne. I wear daily and ocasionally dive an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 together with a Sinn EZM 7. The highlights of my collection are a Seamaster 300 ck 2913 lolipop from 59, a Seamaster 300 165014, a Ploprof 600 with Isofrane strap, a Seamaster 120 Big Blue and a Seamaster Anakin Skywalker. I am glad to meet you all and to share this wonderfull passion together.

Thanks, Gili

16. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jun 21, 2014

Welcome to the forum Gili.

We love our Seamaster 300s here but we have a saying that "without pictures, it didn't happen" so you should start a thread in the Vintage Omega section with pictures of your watches.

One other tip. Set yourself an avatar picture, before the moderators "allocate" one. They have used cleaning products and cats using cat flaps in the past - amongst others.

17. gilirete Jun 21, 2014

Thanks Stewart!
    And thanks for the tips too, I will make some pictures with my watches and post here soon.

18. Caller Jun 29, 2014

Greetings all!

I have only just become aware of this forum. I live in West Berkshire in the UK and whilst always having a liking for watches, it's only since taking early retirement last year that my interest turned into a hobby, and that hobby has now, in a way I don't understand, become an obsession!

I have always liked Omega watches in particular and that appreciation has increased in line with my knowledge. I'd already identified the Planet Ocean with the orange bezel as a retirement present to myself, which was duly purchased and it's a watch I love. And just the other week, I became the proud owner of the 'Dark Side of the Moon' which is just breathtaking (IMHO).

In addition, I have a Tag FI, a Swiss Army Delta, Damasko DA36, Christopher Ward Bluebird, Seagull 1963 re-issue, Aerowatch Big Mechanical and an Armida A8. Only two of that lot pre-date my retirement!

I belong to a couple of other watch forums and am looking forward to spending some time here.

19. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 29, 2014

Welcome Caller!

There are quite a few UK members here around Berkshire and London.

20. frere Jul 2, 2014

Hi everybody!

My name is Fredrik and I'm located in Sweden. I'm increasingly intrested in vintage watches and the pièce de résistance of my humble watch collection is a Movado Super Sub Sea from the mid-sixties. My next watch will probably be a modern diver's watch (maybe a sinn ezm3?) and I hope my next vintage watch will be an omega seamaster 166.073. I have been lurking around this forum for a while and it seems to be a nice place with lots of knowledge!
    [​IMG]
    My first more expensive watch was a Tag. The vintage GS is one of my favorites.