Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 17, 2013

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, I know how it goes regretting selling watches- three of those Silverstones are gone...only the Lemania left.

And despite coming from the "dark side" ;) , I have owned an Omega. 45mm Planet Ocean, so hopefully that qualifies me for this forum

Cheers

2. jonpwn Jun 20, 2013

Hi guys, first time Omega owner here! Bought a speedmaster professional this week and i'm really glad I did. Unfortunately I don't have my good camera so I won't even disgrace my speedmaster with horrible cell phone pics for the obligatory introductory pictures..

Anyway now that I'm wearing an Omega, I feel like I'm somebody now!! (not really) but this forum has been great to me so far and I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 20, 2013

Hi David, welcome to ΩF. It's great to have you here.

Jon, welcome to you as well. Congrats on the new Speedy. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come. :thumbsup:

4. ulackfocus Jun 20, 2013

Funny! Reminds me of Navin R. Johnson (Steve Martin's character) in The Jerk.

5. jonpwn Jun 20, 2013

Trev- thank you, i plan to keep it forever.

Dennis- HAHA that's freaking awesome man. the guy with the rifle sounds like robert deniro from Taxi Driver.. But yeah, per my thread in the modern omega watch topics, sarcasm is nothing new to me :)

6. sulaco Jun 23, 2013

Another Forum i am a new member of ;)

Hello from my side.
    I am collecting watches for ten years now and some of you may know me from other various fora.
    my name is René and i live in Germany, i collected various watches under various themes, switched from space programm related
    watches, over to Omega, then to Rolex over to deep depth rated vintage divers but it seems like that you always come back to
    were it started :)
    I am now back to Omega again, which i always had in my collection and now i am looking for the ones i didn´t own yet.
    Since my interest rearose i found this forum which was quite unknown to me before.
    I already saw some names from other fora, but many are new.

So i hope we can have some interesting conversations

Cheers

René

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 23, 2013

Hi Rene,
    Welcome here. Very nice Ploprof you have there. I believe you could bring years of your experience to enrich the discussion in here. :thumbsup:

8. Southlake13 Jul 1, 2013

Greetings from a new member, from Chicagoland via Southlake, Texas. Long time mechanical watch fan, about to become a first time Omega watch guy. After 7 mechanicals ranging from an Ebel 1911 BTR (Back to the Roots, with Ebel's first inhouse calibre in decades, the E137) to a mid-1990s vintage Rolex GMT II, looking to add a Speedy Date with 3304 mechanism. Looking forward to being part of the forum.

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 1, 2013

Welcome to ΩF :)

Have you sourced a Speedy yet?

10. Southlake13 Jul 2, 2013

Thanks, Trev. Still working the purchase. If you have any recommendations as to where to go to buy, would appreciate the guidance.

11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 2, 2013

yep, try Kringkily a lot of people here have bought speedies from him.

12. Pete568 Jul 7, 2013

image.jpg Hi guys,
    another newbie here. My first vintage watch was this 1962 9kt Longines. 19.4 calibre. Case number 25176. Movement number 11437403. It was Supplied to Baume of London on 13/07/1961. I bought this because it was the year I was born.... Sentimental, but you need some excuse right? Now mostly collect Connies and Seamasters.

citizenrich and Hijak like this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2013

Welcome Pete, always good to have another Constellation and Seamaster guy, plus every time a Longines owner comes along Dennis get's excited.

14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2013

Did you remember to wake him up?

15. Hijak Jul 8, 2013

::jumpy:: Love this watch!!! Also year I was born...would it be inappropriate to call dibs on this from the intro tread? Really I'm not trolling...:whistling:

16. ulackfocus Jul 8, 2013

I don't think we have a rule, written or unwritten, saying anything about poor manners when dibsing any watch that isn't an heirloom.

17. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 8, 2013

I thought our rule was that poor manners were compulsory here!

18. ulackfocus Jul 8, 2013

I prefer "We pull no punches". :D

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 12, 2013

There's a pretty big and active New York / New Jersey crew here, probably the biggest in one location.

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 13, 2013

Keep your Meat-ups to yourselves please boys!!!!!!

citizenrich likes this.