Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. mbeast Jun 1, 2013

Hi, I'm Ste from the UK. I've only recently got into the world of vintage watches and my grand collection of 2 watches is pretty humble compared to some on here! I've been lurking on the site for a while but it's only right that I should say hello!

I started just over a year ago with 2 Zeniths. An El Primero from around 1999 (I think), and an Autosport from the early 70's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I then decided I didn't really need the chrono functionality of the El Primero, so it was sold to make way for a Rolex Date from 1967.

[​IMG]

The Autosport was also recently sold (sorry Zenith fans!), and replaced with a lovely Omega Seamaster Bumper from 1954 which I find hard to believe is nearly 60 years old!

[​IMG]

I'm now just on the lookout for a pie-pan constellation from the 60's and my collection will be complete (for now...). I must thank the many knowledgeable members whose posts have helped me no end in picking up these fine watches.
    [​IMG]

Trev likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Jun 1, 2013

Hi Ste. Welcome to Omega Forums. Funny that you have a black Omega & white Rolex - sort of like ying & yang.

If you need help searching out your pie pan let us know. We'll help. Oh, and I can probably source you a "v" and an "e" to complete your name. ::rimshot::

3. ctime3 Jun 1, 2013

Outside Philadelphia near Villanova. Grew up outside Cleveland

4. MKelley Jun 1, 2013

Welcome Ste. Very nice black & white pairing. With the kind folks around here, you'll have all the assistance one could ask for on sourcing a decent pie pan. As for sourcing a "v" & "e" to complete your name, well that's your call, You'll find ulackfocus, aka Dennis very helpful in all aspects of joining this friendly family.:D

5. mbeast Jun 1, 2013

Hi fellas, thanks for the warm welcome.

I don't know why but I've always been a "Ste" ever since I was young. I just don't suit the name Steve. It sounds weird but if you met me you'd understand (maybe...). If you could source me nice examples of a V and an E it could perhaps change my mind ;) .

I consciously sought out a black non-date watch to complement the white date one to try and make them as distinct as possible. Should really try to find a silver/grey dial Constellation to occupy the middle ground :). If I find one I like I'll put it up here for you guys to check over before I take the plunge!

6. ctime3 Jun 1, 2013

Welcme Ste. Before I joined I viewed the page many times. These guys know their stuff. Plus they are honest and helpful. Tough to find these days. Recently I picked up the 9300 speedmaster. I know it's not the real moon watch which is what I wanted. I am wondering is the 9300 movement better I assume? Or is the manual wind the way to go? I know the differences: Si14, Co-Axial, sapphire crystal, but I keep on battling its not the moon watch. I love the look of the speedy pro and of course the not identical twin 9300

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 4, 2013

The 9300 movement is superb, it also features a column wheel and vertical clutch, Omega spared no expense when designing it to be at the forefront of chronograph design, a position they used to enjoy back in the 1940s-1960s

8. faid2black Jun 4, 2013

Hi all, i too am a new member here. Always been into watches, guessing that watching my grandfather service watches at his home when i was younger has something to do with it. Received my first 'nice' watch 4 years ago as a wedding gift from the wife, that being an all stainless Tag Carrera, which i love. Big problem is it's so lonely and really needs a companion, something more than the g-shock that goes with me to the gym lol Somehow I've ended up in search of a great example of a Constellation. And yes, i know going into this that it won't stop at just one! Anyways, look forward to learning from you guys and sharing the pieces that i'm able to acquire :)

-andrew

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 4, 2013

Welcome mate, there are more Constellation collectors here than anywhere else on the internet, so I'm sure you'll find one you like soon.

10. Chocko Jun 10, 2013

Hi all ,I live in a small town in South Wales in the UK love all watches but Omegas do it most for me .I did have Omega Seamaster 200 Banana dial (yellow face) but bezel was damaged so moved it on .Next Omega was Speedmaster Pro, I still have it and it's a keeper then a tc1 that requires new module then Constellation f8192 and now my latest ,Omega flat jedi but not on original bracelet .Photo taken today hope it comes out ok .Will post more photos of my Omegas later ATB Chocko image.jpg

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 10, 2013

Nice Seamaster..........i love the 70's look on it

12. porschefan Jun 11, 2013

Very nice piece

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 12, 2013

Welcome mate, that's a lot of unusual and interesting models you've owned, the TC is a fascinating bird of its age, its a shame its so hard to get the module replaced :(

14. ctime3 Jun 16, 2013

Sorry I was always this on my iPhone and I did not see your reply. Right by Valley Forge Park 30 minutes from Phildelphia

15. Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 17, 2013

Greetings, my name is David from Melbourne (yes...another Australian!). For my sins, I operate the TAG Heuer website Calibre 11.

Good to see a few familiar names around these boards.

Cheers

dc

[​IMG]

16. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 17, 2013

Welcome David ! That's a nice batch of Silverstones :thumbsup:

17. ulackfocus Jun 17, 2013

Hi David. Many of us here enjoy Caliber 11.

18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 17, 2013

Sure you weren't thinking Chapter 11 :p

19. ulackfocus Jun 17, 2013

::rimshot::

20. Littleroger Jun 17, 2013

Hi David, great to have you here. As a big fan of early Heuer, I have often visited your site. Great stuff. I had a blue Silverstone for a while - a classic watch I never should have sold but you know how it is! Am shocked to realize that the only Cal 11 I currently own is a beautiful Derek Bell. I used to have a lot more but they've all gone :-0 Still have several Heuers however. And the odd Omega ;-)
    Roger