Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 25, 2013

Noops Gold Coast is better, specifically Main Beach ;)

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 25, 2013

Noosa/sunshine coast is awesome, yeah. It's just a bit too small (IMO).

For our US members who aren't as familiar with the region, the Gold Coast is somewhat like Honolulu. Perhaps a sort of hybrid between Honolulu and Miami.

The perfect sort of place when you have locals to offer guidance :)

3. Tailhook Mar 27, 2013

Hi, my name is Alan...I'm from Arizona and by day I run the IT department for a large financial institution. Recent member of the Omega Forums, but not to watches. I've been enamoured with watches ever since seeing my grandfather's Sub and Speedy as a very young boy.

I spent 12 years in the US Navy attached to a F14 squadron. During my world travels, I acquired my first "real" watch, a Rolex GMT Master. Regrettably, I sold it in the late '90's, since it garnered more attention than I was comfortable with. Early in the 2000's, my (now ex) wife gifted me an Omega SMP (2220.80) that I absolutely loved. When visiting an AD a few weeks ago to have it cleaned and serviced, I was offered a nice sum and sold it. Almost immediately, I purchased my current watch, a Omega SMP-C (212.30.41.20.03.001). The redesign of this watch is truly a beauty to behold, IMO.

My other watches include a Seiko Black Monster and a Citizen Nighthawk, which are both largely relegated to "beater" duty. In the near future, I will likely pick up an Omega Planet Ocean (42mm) or a Speedy...or both!

Look forward to meeting you all!

kendrick and Wheels like this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 27, 2013

Welcome Tailhook, Good to see here. You Carrier guys are the greatest :thumbsup:. My Father In-law spent 20 years as Master Chief in charge of aircraft Maintenance. Let's see some pictures.

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 27, 2013

I bet it would be both if you continue follow this forum......:p. Or get distracted and hunting for the real vintage Seamaster 300 from '60.

Anyway welcome !!!!

6. ulackfocus Mar 27, 2013

Hi Alan. Welcome to ΩF. You gotta post pics of the SMP-C, Black Monster, and Nighthawk.

7. Wheels Mar 27, 2013

Welcome Alan. Great to have you on board.

8. Tailhook Mar 27, 2013

Appreciate the warm welcome everyone!

As requested, here are some pics:

IMG_0177.jpg

Glamor shot of the SMP-C (not bad, except for the fingerprints!):

IMG_0198.JPG

The Nighthawk:

IMG_0211.jpg

The Black Monster:

IMG_0209.jpg

Hijak and Trev like this.
  9. tokei Mar 28, 2013

Hello!

Long-time lurker and new member, with my new (for me) Omega Speedmaster Professional.

I bought it as a treat to myself, as I turn 30 years old this year. There are many watches I love and admire, but as a research scientist and NASA enthusiast, this was high up the list.

There are many versions of this iconic watch...

[​IMG]http://cl.ly/image/1u362S36421W/DSC03957.jpg

10. Sietse Vliegen Apr 9, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Just discovered this forum and immediately decided to join. What a wealth of information. Thank you all !

Let me quickly introduce myself: male, 46 years, Dutch by descent, cosmopolitan by heart. I have an Omega Constellation (stainless steel & gold), white dial. I bought it in 1996 in Lucerne, Switzerland, and have worn it daily ever since.

[​IMG]

Q: I think it is an 1532 caliber, but how can I find out ? The watch is currently at the watch maker for service. I do have the serial and ref numbers here.

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 9, 2013

Hi Sietse,
    I do love Constellation double claw. Welcome here.
    One warning, if you continue following this forum, you will add to your Omega soon.

12. Sietse Vliegen Apr 10, 2013

I fear you could be right :D

13. MattS Apr 10, 2013

Hi all,

I have been posting on this forum for a couple of weeks, having been led here by a good friend. Since then I participated in a few discussions and posted on WRUW but hadn't found this section to do a proper introduction! so here we go:
    I am Matt, I live in Paris, beautiful city with a very dynamic vintage watch fan community! I specialize in sports watches and especially on 2 themes, Divers and Chronos (preferably waterproof!). I am also a photo enthusiast so this enables me to combine both passions, watches and photography.
    Some of you may kow me from other forums where I participate, I have found some well known names and faces here!
    I am looking forward to future disuccions and participations here.
    The last 4 years I have focused heavily on the divers, so to finish this introduction, here is a picture of my top 5 divers which I call the "primitives" trying to put together a nice representative example from each brand:

[​IMG]

Top: Blancpain Fifty Fathoms from 1955, Rolex Submariner 6538 from 1959
    Center: Eberhard Scafograf 200 from 1961
    Bottom: Omega Seamaster 300 CK 14755 from 1961, Longines Nautilus Skin Diver 2961-1 (US version) from 1959

Matt

14. ulackfocus Apr 10, 2013

Hi Matt. If you hear funny noises in the middle of the night, it's probably me borrowing you FF and Nautilus. :D When I return them, I'll try the other 3.

15. coolhand78 Apr 15, 2013

HI Guys,

My names Luke and I'm brand new here, just registered. I'm ironically enough, from the Gold Coast!!
    I'm yet to own an omega watch and have signed up here primarily to get information about
    which seamaster will be my first. I've had a strong desire to own a seamaster since Pierce Brosnan
    wore it as a bond watch, then i colleague of mine was given one as a gift from a wealthy friend and since
    trying it on have wanted one ever since...

16. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 15, 2013

Hey Luke, welcome to ΩF :) Fantastic to see another GC resident here.

17. coolhand78 Apr 15, 2013

Hi Trev,

where abouts on the GC are you? I live in Varsity Lakes... I may have to bother you a few times with questions as i narrow my search for my first Ω :)

18. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 15, 2013

Mermaid Beach here. Happy to help out, but you'll also find there's a ton of very knowledgable members here willing to lend a hand. You'd be best off finding a suitable watch from a US seller or Ebay and then shipping it over.

19. bigtruck2005 Apr 20, 2013

Hello everyone!

I have been an Omega owner from a little over a year now. I picked up my SMP 300M in Germany following some time deployed, and I have loved the watch. So much so that the daily beatings that the bracelet receives have pushed me to purchase MULTITUDES of NATO's to play around with. Just recently added to my addiction with the 39 mm Rolex Explorer, which I had been drooling over for some time now.

Love the site, and happy to be able to access such a wealth of info. Thanks!

Cheers,

Eli

20. MyVintageOmega Apr 20, 2013

Welcome to the forum.::popcorn::