Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Trev The Architect Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

Hey Mohamed, Welcome to ΩF :thumbsup:
    We'll look forward to seeing pieces from your collection (and perhaps what you're selling!)

Cheers

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 6, 2013

+1

3. MyVintageOmega Feb 6, 2013

Welcome aboard......

4. nballusar Feb 17, 2013

Hi, Im brand new to the forum and Omega World. You could say this is my first real watch and I enjoy it immensely! Apologies for the terrible picture.

PO.jpg
    dsio and Trev like this.
  5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Feb 17, 2013

It's an excellent choice.

Welcome to ΩF :thumbsup:

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 17, 2013

Nice Planet Ocean 45mm, welcome mate

7. MyVintageOmega Feb 17, 2013

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 17, 2013

Welcome. That's a very nice choice for your first watch.

9. Ludi Feb 18, 2013

Hi there,

My name's Fred and I'm a watchaholic ... and tritium addicted... oh, I'm so doomed... :rolleyes:

Anyway, thrillingly happy to be part of this excellent forum, I'm looking forward to reading from you all, dear Omega experts :thumbsup:

Kind regards - Fred

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2013

Great to have you Thread!

11. TLIGuy Feb 19, 2013

Hello all. New guy here looking to add to my Speedmaster knowledge. I look forward to posting and gleaning your insight into the world of Omega watches.

I'm currently the owner of two Omegas. My original 3590.50 bought in 1995 after flying school and the Omega X-33. Two great watches I love to wear. Also, I have recently aquired a 1968 Transitional Speedmaster that should arrive back from a little TLC in the next two week. It will be joined with a 1450 bracelet that I trakced down in the UK.

Anyway, thanks for letting me in and here are my two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trev likes this.
  12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 19, 2013

Hi mate, nice pair you have there, I'm guessing by the AIM-9 patch, you fly something more interesting than an airbus?

13. Trev The Architect Staff Member Feb 20, 2013

Welcome to the club. Glad you found ΩF. :thumbsup:

Cheers

14. alexgalt Feb 21, 2013

Hello,
    My name is Mark and I've had some great advice over the last couple of weeks from the members and I've learned enough from reading the posts to know that I've got a long way to go. I am originally from America but I live and work in Osaka, Japan. I used to move every three to four years and I've been here for 15 so I consider it my hometown although I generally feel at home everywhere. I don't yet have an Omega but I expect to buy one in the next two to three weeks. I have a Tag Carerra dual time zone, a Stowa Antea LE 62/100, several Movados, a Waterbury my father wore through Pearl Harbor and a Patek that was a gift from a client. I love watches but in general I would say that I just love quality and when quality and history meet I cannot resist. I'm incompetent to offer any advice about watches so I am likely to take a lot more from the forum than I bring to it but if you ever need help, insight or assistance in Japan or Southeast Asia I would be happy to tell you the truth as I see it.

15. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 21, 2013

A Patek as a gift from a client? I want to work where you work!

Welcome! Can we see some photos!

16. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Feb 24, 2013

Hello, my name is Jens. I live in the north of Germany .
    My Omega 'career' started last year with ordering the LE PO skyfall. A few days before my birthday my wife 'forced' me to get myself a birthday present: a SM AT GMT with a nice blue dial. Happy birthday, :)
    Finally AT the end of the year I received my Skyfall.
    A week ago I won an auction ...so # 3 ....a railmaster from 2004 came to my home.
    The family is rising

Sorry for the pics, the watches are much better :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361731262.239904.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361731887.219584.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361732109.127388.jpg

17. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 24, 2013

Welcome Jens, that's a nice selection of modern Omega's :)

18. kendrick Feb 25, 2013

Hi, my name is Kendrick and I'm based in Boston. I've been lurking for a bit and posting on the forums for the last week or two. My fascination with watches and Omega happened when my Boss yelled at me to look like I'm successful and get a nice watch for client meetings after we closed a deal, (I'm a grunt at an M&A firm). I started with a Cartier round Santos and eventually stumbled onto the bastard child of Speedmaster line, the Speedmaster Heritage Classic. After falling for the Omega styling I recently acquired a Speedmaster moon-phase. At some point I hope to actually contribute to the forum, rather than being the current black hole that I am. Regardless, I would like to thank everyone that has already shared some of their knowledge with me.

P1.jpg Speedmaster 3575.20.JPG
  19. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Mar 15, 2013

Hello everyone,

My name is Peter and I'm a Watch Idiot. I live in NZ on the beach with my young daughter and work as a lecturer at a local Uni. I have always had a slight fascination with watches but was bitten by the bug about a year ago. I am an avid diver and so most of my Very humble collection are divers, Oris , Seiko and a smattering of micro brand divers that most people have never heard of such as Zixen, Halios, Helson, etc.

I can't really explain why, but I have always liked Omega watches above all others, especially the early chronographs and divers but it will be some time before I feel confidant enough to actually begin collecting some of them. I came upon this site after I bought my first Omega, a vintage Seamaster and was looking for information about it. I have to say that I am genuinely amazed at the depth of knowledge within this community and the humor is good too. I am also really impressed with how user friendly the interface is on this site and must give kudos to the designers.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to one day be able to make a small contribution to the forum one day

A couple of pics of my 2 vintages

Regards

CS

[​IMG]

This one needs a new crown, crystal and a full service when I get around to it
    [​IMG]

20. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 15, 2013

Woot! Time for sheep jokes!
    Welcome!