Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Steve Oct 28, 2012

Welcome guys..

Smiley-Welcome-01.gif

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 5, 2012

Hi Carl,

I have visited several Jakarta AD. First they say your model only come in white gold. I truly longing for the SS. Second they don't carry that model in Indonesia. There are only weird design rings which more suitable for women IMHO.

Try to find any sites with no luck. I really....really want it. Would you mind helping me contact your local AD whether they still carry it? What is the ballpark price of that ring in Canada now?

Thanks,
    Herianto

3. pz93c Nov 6, 2012

My namer is Brian.

I have had a watch for as long as I can remember.

I am a chronic flipper.

I frequent forums for knowledge... so I know what I'm looking at when I step into a pawn shop, garage sale, etc because I will not buy a new watch.

I've made money, I've lost money.... it's only money. You spend it or wipe your butt with it.

4. ulackfocus Nov 6, 2012

Nice avatar B.

pz93c likes this.
  5. pz93c Nov 6, 2012

LOL

Better that having one assigned!

6. alam Nov 6, 2012

::confused2:: I do spend it... but dunno, this may be a bit rough on your butt cheeks...

7. Carl Nov 6, 2012

Hi Herianto,

Did you try an Omega Boutique or just an AD?

I actually got the ring at the Omega Boutique here in Vancouver. I did a search on the Omega website, and it shows that there are 3 Omega Boutiques in Jakarta:
    http://www.omegawatches.com/stores/...ry=358&city=Jakarta&storetype=1&sellwatches=1

If the Boutique does not carry the ring, possibly they can order it for you. If not, I will be happy to give you details about the Boutique here in Vancouver. I believe the ring is about $400. but I will be down there on Thursday and will check with a Sales Associate. The ring is definitely stainless steel.

Cheers,
    Carl

8. Melhadary Nov 7, 2012

Greetings All.

Melhadary stands for Mazen Elhadary.

That's my name and am from Alexandria, the second largest city in Egypt, located on the Mediterranean side of the country, hence my fascination with the sea and ocean... and leading directly to my love for only the Seamaster collection from Omega, specifically late forties to mid sixties which I consider the era of true and pure beauty.

Its awesome being a member here! I've popped in and out a few times and have often come back for info and references, and really appreciate the support you all give. Especially in my case, as I currently live and work in Kuwait, and although Omega is really big here, there is very little knowledge, interest and support for vintage horology, unless I'm some billionaire sheikh who has his profile etched on the dial of a 600,000 USD diamond embroidered 18k gold watch!!!

Of course, I'm just exaggerating, but not about the lack of information, though, and I sincerely appreciate all you guys offer through this passionate forum.

Thank you and hope to interact with you all through this great learning experience!

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 7, 2012

Maybe you could give us some incite into that, why is it that those guys have their faces printed onto watch dials like that lol

10. ulackfocus Nov 7, 2012

Insight - you don't want to use the word "incite" to anyone from a Middle Eastern country nowadays. :eek: :p

Sorry Mazen, I couldn't resist!

11. Melhadary Nov 8, 2012

Nice one, ulackfocus!::blowup::I knew someone had to bring that up! ::facepalm1::

Glad we got that out of the way ::bleh:: :)

12. Melhadary Nov 8, 2012

Just because they can....! Also, who's to say those watches weren't gifts from dignitaries bearing gifts or parasites sucking up to "his royal highness!" The 60' and 70's was the era of the rise of the petroleum kingdoms, I guess! ::money::

Honestly though, that's been outdated now... I wonder, are there any newer, more recent models with those face prints around?

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 8, 2012

Ah good point, they think bigger these days: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...rt-in-capital-letters-visible-from-space.html

;)

14. Melhadary Nov 8, 2012

15. hondaman Nov 12, 2012

Hello.

My name is Anthony. I started reading this forum last week. I have collected watches for the past 10 years. I still prefer vintage but do have several newer ones also. I reeally enjoy the Omega's form the 50' and 60's.

16. DandyCobalt Nov 14, 2012

Hi All, Just bought my first Omega watch. Was going to get a 2225 Seamaster Chrono 300m when I next go through Duty-Free, but instead have just bought a second-hand 2004 2298.80 Seamaster Chrono 300m Titanium. Just got it in the post, and, (after a bit of a clean) am really pleased. Had all the papers/cards/manual/box and service receipt, so am a happy chap.
    Very comfortable and light.

17. ulackfocus Nov 14, 2012

Boy, it would be Dandy to see some pictures!

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2012

19. DandyCobalt Nov 15, 2012

Oh dear, two nights running it's lost a lot of time on the bedside table - is this why it was for sale? Any advice most welcome (already contacted seller, awaiting reply).

20. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 15, 2012

They're not overly expensive to overhaul, very cheap for a chronograph, just go to a good independent watchmaker rather than your Omega dealer.