Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. DandyCobalt Nov 15, 2012

Just been to my local Omega dealer - they've suggested it might be because it hasn't been worn for a while, to wear it for a few days to get the oil flowing again etc...does that sound resaonable? (otherwise, service would be £180-£230 through their own local chap rather than Omega). As it was described as "working perfectly", I'm loath to spend an extra £200 straightaway :)

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 15, 2012

Just briefly did you wind it fully before wearing, in other words, giving it 40 clockwise turns before wearing?

3. DandyCobalt Nov 16, 2012

Yes, I did wind it, but maybe not enough the first time. Yesterday, I wound fully and wore for over 10 hours, but it still stopped at half-past midnight.
    Back on the wrist today, and keeping good time. Let's see if it persists.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 16, 2012

Keep us updated on how this progresses Dandy

5. DirtyDenim Nov 20, 2012

I'm a man of many material passions, watches are a new venture.
    I've got some questions hopefully you guys will help me out with.

Greetings, and thanks for having me.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 20, 2012

Welcome Denim, that's what we're here for. :thumbsup:

7. alam Nov 20, 2012

Welcome to the forum and the watch passion - careful now, this passion could go out of control very quickly... :D

8. DandyCobalt Nov 21, 2012

Still stopping overnight , so has now headed for a service. Oh well. Quick question...eventually the bezel will need replacing (a scratch and missing the top luminous dot)...can I get one direct from Omega? (the only other place I've seen is Otto Frei in USA. I am in UK and would prefer to avoid postage.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 21, 2012

Try Cousins UK

10. JimmyB Nov 21, 2012

Hello all,

Would just like to introduce myself having just purchased the limited edition Seamaster Planet Ocean 007 Skyfall.

Purchased my first 'premium' watch last november, a Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph, and almost to the day a year later the Omega (best start saving for Novemeber 2013 as there's a pattern here!)

Read all of your views on the Skyfall edition. Many of you are not keen on 'themed' watches. Neither am I generally but having drooled over the elusive Skyfall model on the web, in magazines and asking about it in the dealers, constantly thinking 'I will never be lucky enough to own anything of limited edition status', I was speechless when it found me at the airport on the way back to the UK recently.

I heard that a watch 'speaks to you' when you find the 'one'. The Skyfall did just that for me.

Pictures alone do not do the watch justice. The dial, that represents the grille of James Bonds vintage Aston Martins, and the subtle 007 at the 7 o'clock position that can only be seen at certain viewing angles add that little something special to an already stunning timepiece.

There is no proof without pictures I believe so hopefully the picture shows ok.

Regards,

JB

IMG_2824.JPG

11. Ryan Clark Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys, name's Ryan and I'm a new member here. Definite watch aficionado, but haven't delved too deep into Omegas yet.

12. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 23, 2012

Welcome Ryan
    Unofficial rule here - if there are no photos, it doesn't exist ;)
    Can we see some of your current (albeit non Omega) collection?

13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 24, 2012

Welcome Jimmy. Very nice PO..........I know you will wear it with proud :thumbsup:
    If you visit this forum often enough, I bet you will have your purchase earlier than Nov 2013.

14. JimmyB Nov 26, 2012

Hi Privateday,

Thanks for your reply. Am I at the wrong Omega forum? There's a distinct lack of watch talk around here!

Regards,

JB

15. ulackfocus Nov 26, 2012

HI to our recent arrivals! It's getting so crowded in here we might have to expand to larger offices. :p

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 4, 2013

Hello group - I am Al and I am a watchmaker. I service lots of Omega watches (and of course other brands) from all over the world.

I see photos are a must here, so here's just a random one for you....Speedmaster Moonphase (Cal. 1866) that's in progress right now....

[​IMG]

I see a few familiar faces here, and I look forward to contributing.

Cheers, Al

BrianMcKay and Trev like this.
  17. Steve Jan 4, 2013

Hi Al, welcome.

Welcome.gif

18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2013

Welcome Al. For those that would like to know, Al is known as a meticulous expert on the 321 and other chronographs.

19. Littleroger Jan 4, 2013

Hi Al and welcome. Great to have yet another expert on board (I'm not, I hasten to add!)
    R

20. ulackfocus Jan 4, 2013

Hi Al. Glad to see you joined us.