Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. MyVintageOmega Oct 22, 2012

Also a Vancouverite....welcome Carl.....and also Mike. More Vancouver members with fine watches to share.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 22, 2012

Welcome to the latest bunch of guys, may your watches be badass, and your wallets be empty.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 22, 2012

LOL.....................................how very true:D

4. ulackfocus Oct 22, 2012

I need my own personal mint. I lived 7 blocks away from the Philadelphia Mint and they wouldn't even let me take a pocket full of change! How rude.

5. Carl Oct 22, 2012

Hi Herianto,

I bought the ring at the Omega Boutique here in Vancouver, when the Boutique opened in 2009 for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games. It is stainless steel, polished and brushed surfaces, so it looks great with my Speedy.

Omega had a number of representatives at the Boutique as well, from Bienne in Switzerland. Including a watchmaker who had created one of the Tourbillon watches, and some other Associates as well. Also a couple of Associates from Boutiques in the USA. The Boutique was only meant to be temporary, until the Winter Olympics was over, but it was such a success that it remained here and they have done a large expansion.

Sort of a history. I did not wear the ring much until I got my Speedy, then it seemed more appropriate. I believe it can only be bought at the Boutiques, but I could be wrong. I asked, and it is the only Gents ring that Omega makes right now.

Yes, this forum seems like it will be a great place to be!

Cheers,
    Carl

Privateday7 likes this.
  6. Carl Oct 22, 2012

Thanks for the welcome Mike, and all the other members on here as well. Great to be so warmly received.

Cheers,
    Carl

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 23, 2012

Thanks for the info. I'll ask local Omega AD whether they sell or can help procure the ring. Would love to have one.

8. steven Oct 23, 2012

Hello to all, this is my first post on the forum.

I'm a long time Omega fan and yesterday - on my 30th birthday trip to Valencia - I purchased the Seamaster 300m Chrono Diver in black. (Of course...instant sentimental value, so I hope it will last me a lifetime...and am encouraged to read of its great build quality on this forum.)

In the same transaction - due to the generous discount on offer - I also purchased a Hamilton Jazzmaster Slim 43mm (H38615255) which is a wedding gift from my fiancee' which i'm not allowed to have until May next year! (I managed to get both for a combined price of 3000 euros - which I reckon the saving is at least giving me the Hamilton free of charge compared to UK prices...if not more.)

If you happen to be visiting Valencia, you can do worse than check out the "Rabat" store (Omega authorised dealer), about half a mile from the central station. Superb customer service, a fantastic collection of watches and very willing to do a deal.

All the best

Steven
    Manchester, UK

BrianMcKay and The GMT Master like this.
  9. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Oct 23, 2012

Great story, great choice of watch, and welcome to the forum!

10. Steve Oct 23, 2012

Welcome Steven. Be nice to see some pics.
    Smiley-Welcome-01.gif

11. imt58 Oct 24, 2012

Welcome Steven, maybe I'll plan a romantic few days with the missus to Valencia having read your tip. Sneeky eh? :D

12. MyVintageOmega Oct 24, 2012

.............[​IMG]

13. justin.moore Oct 24, 2012

Justin here from Orlando, Fl. I've always had a keen eye for nice things. I was searching for Vintage furniture and randomly came across Omega watches. Shortly after I spent hours researching watches. I just bought my first Pie-pan constellation and there is no stopping.

14. steven Oct 25, 2012

Hell of a place! Despite a modicum of skullduggery with the old ulterior motives there...she wouldnt be disappointed. Valencia is superb...easily my personal favourite over Barcelona and Madrid.

Happy to oblige, here's a couple. Hope you like, despite my aforementioned admittance to a Hamilton purchase in my haste to make my first post!

IMG_1552v2.JPG
    IMG_1553v2.JPG

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 25, 2012

Nice Seamaster, I've got the blue version!

16. erreeffe Oct 28, 2012

Hi everybody!!
    Long time Omega fan, I finally found the right place to be ;)
    Ciao, R

17. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Oct 28, 2012

Welcome on board, how about some pics of your collection? :thumbsup:

18. erreeffe Oct 28, 2012

Here we go... two of my favourites :)
    [​IMG]
    Ciao,
    R

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2012

Buon giorno, Nice watches :thumbsup:

20. ahmed anwar Oct 28, 2012

Hi i am Ahmed Anwar. I am from hong kong. I work at Phoenix Watch Company. We import and sell luxury watches in hong kong. I Just purchased my first Omega. The Timeless Olympic collection and i am in love with it. Hope to network and learn from fellow Omegaites. cheers