Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 14, 2012

Welcome Herianto, it is nice to have you here. What a beautiful area of the world you live in.:thumbsup:

2. ulackfocus Oct 14, 2012

Hi Herianto. Got any movement shots, particularly of that Admiral's Cup? I don't think I've ever seen that particular model.

3. Martylaa Oct 14, 2012

Hi first time on here, I am a Rolex Sub man but have just pulled the trigger on a OmegaSeamaster 300 full size automatic in blue, can't wait to pick it up.

dsio likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 14, 2012

New ceramic or the wave dial? Welcome btw

5. Martylaa Oct 14, 2012

It's second hand wave dial, wanted it to wear all the time and I love the design of them....

6. imt58 Oct 14, 2012

Guys, why can't I edit this post correctly? I'm trying to remove the last end of quote to remove his reply from my quoted post yet the system keeps putting it back in when I "Save Changes".

7. imt58 Oct 14, 2012

Don't forget we love tax in the UK, especially if it's imposed by Brusselles! ::censored::

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 15, 2012

Thank you Steve for the welcome. I live in Jakarta, while I am grateful, I think Jakarta is not the best city to live. The traffic jam will drive you nuts.

Bali, especially Ubud, is different story. ;)

I am wondering, is there any other Omega forum member from Jakarta?

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 15, 2012

It is Corum Admiral Cup Competition 40. Here the link for similar series in Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Corum-0829602...1_15?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1350279013&sr=1-15

The difference, mine comes with rubber bracelet and black dial. Unfortunately the case back is solid so I can not take the picture (and I am not planning to open soon....:))

I got pretty good deal ( ~ USD 1,600) since the watch is pretty new (less than 3 months usage) but the previous owner keen to sell it quickly. Corum is included in my collection wish list....so I quickly decided to take it.

Cheers,

10. Carl Oct 21, 2012

Greetings from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Carl is my name. I'm single. I don't own a home or a car.
    Most of my money is spent on watches.

My current Omega collection:
    P1010011-1-1.jpg P1010583-1.jpg

The Omega Gents Ring is also a prized possession. It is always worn with my Speedy.

My next Omega:
    23110392103001-30-1-1.jpg

I have met many wonderful people on a number of watch forums. It is great to have like minded people with whom I can exchange ideas, information, advice, encouragement and photos.
    Certainly time well spent!

Cheers,
    Carl

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2012

Great group Carl . I love that ceramic SM. :thumbsup: Great to have you here.

12. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2012

Hi Carl. When you own a home you might still spend the most money on watches.

(if you neglect the repairs :p)

Carl, is that a blue dialed AT caliber 8500? ::jumpy::

BTW, I like your signature. One of my favorite sayings is "you can be immature as long as you aren't irresponsible".

Carl likes this.
  13. Carl Oct 21, 2012

Hi Mike,
    Greetings from a fellow Vancouverite! Just joined this forum today. Great to see you here. What a fantastic collection!
    I have a couple of Omegas. The Speedy is my favourite also:

P1010573.jpg

Cheers,
    Carl

MyVintageOmega likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 21, 2012

Interesting choice of the mid sized bond, you don't often see that aside from Prince William

15. Carl Oct 21, 2012

:thumbsup: Like that saying very much. At 63 years old, that is pretty much how I live my life.

Yes, that is a blue dialed AT Caliber 8500 38.5mm. Bear in mind, though, it is to be my next watch. Hopefully, sooner than later. I have tried it on my wrist so many times. I have been looking for my first gold watch, and had found it. However, when I saw this blue dial AT that was introduced only about a month ago, I knew it would be my next Omega. To me, the size is ideal 38.5mm. I prefer smaller watches. My Speedy is the exception. Since it is a Speedy, it is the size that it is, and that is just fine with me!

Cheers,
    Carl

16. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2012

Carl, I think it might be my next modern watch too. I tried on the silver dialed 38.5 mm version at the Manhattan boutique and liked it, and have said since then that if they come out with a decent blue dial of that watch it would be seriously considered.

Carl likes this.
  17. Carl Oct 21, 2012

Well, if it's good enough for Prince William, then good enough for me ;)

I love the SMP bracelet as well. And I think that the smaller case size allows the bracelet to be more visible. That's not why I got the mid size. I just prefer smaller watches most of the time. My wrist is 7.5in. This wrist shot gives you a good idea of how it fits:

P1010019-1-3.jpg

Cheers,
    Carl

18. Carl Oct 21, 2012

When the new AT8500 was introduced a few years ago, I jumped and got the 41.5mm size with the Teak-Grey dial. A gorgeous watch, but I was never comfortable with the size. I sold it, and thought many times about getting the same watch in the 38.5mm size. But it just seemed silly to spend the money again when I had already lost on the sale, and get essentially the same watch. Now, I am glad that I waited. The blue dial is just available in the 38.5mm size as well, so it is just what I have been waiting for without really knowing it.

Cheers,
    Carl

19. Carl Oct 21, 2012

Thanks! While I like the ceramic SMP a lot, I have it up for sale to partly finance my blue dial Aqua Terra 8500 that I hope to be getting fairly soon. Since I got my Speedy, the SMP gets so little wrist time. I know that I would favour the new AT over the SMP.

Cheers,
    Carl

20. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 21, 2012

Hi Carl, I am also a newbie in this forum and so far I can tell this forum is the most wonderful among other watch forums that I visited.
    Cool ring. Where did you buy it? Can I order one from AD? Do you have any history with it?

Greeting from Jakarta

Herianto