Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. MyVintageOmega Sep 6, 2012

Ray916MNΩF Member............A Railmaster?? In response to your question......."What am I waiting to receive"

2. Black Pudding Sep 6, 2012

Hello there. I signed up yesterday after discovering this forum.
    I have been active on a couple of other watch forums for quite some time.

Omega was my first real step into watches, and I wore this for about 10 years
    [​IMG]

Despite it's daily wear I looked after it rather well, as demonstrated by the strap
    [​IMG]

Rightly or wrongly I sold this watch earlier this year, and I flirted with a number of Tag Heuers,
    and bought a few Breitlings (these make up the bulk of my collection).

My next Omega purchase was this cracking Planet Ocean 45.5
    [​IMG]

Despite loving this, it was traded rather quickly, as I was able to get a Breitling that I had been after
    for some time. In hindsight it was a terrible move, as not only did I hate my new watch, I realised
    how much I missed my Planet Ocean.

The Breitling was moved on, for another Breitling which sits nicely in my collection.

I have now bought 2 Planet Oceans
    1. Planet Ocean 8500 42mm on bracelet - orange insert
    2. Planet Ocean 8500 45.5 on Omega deployant - black insert

Love them both equally, although one day the 45.5 may need a bracelet - anyone selling?!

I shall post photos of the Planet Oceans soon :)

3. Black Pudding Sep 6, 2012

Rather than take some photos I have gone for the easy option.
    Here are the photos of my watches, taken from the sales threads that they were bought from.

Planet Ocean 42mm
    [​IMG]

Planet Ocean 45.5mm
    [​IMG]

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 6, 2012

Very nice PO's!

Black Pudding likes this.
  5. Ray916MN Sep 6, 2012

That's a fine looking FLTR! I wonder how many motorcyclists are watch nuts?

Good eye. Particularly surprised by the comment about the Aerostich. For the product of a company out of a relative backwater place like Duluth Minnesota to be recognized by people outside of the U.S. is surprising.

Nope. Haven't gone down the THREE HIGH-PRECISON WATCHES FOR SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS... path yet, although it is a path I hope someday to travel. Given my predilection to chrono and dive watches it would be more likely that I'd start with a CK2915 or CK 2913, but it is neither of those. The next Omega to arrive is consistent with at least one want pictured in each photo I posted.

6. HogWldFLTR Sep 7, 2012

Not quite sure on that regarding MCs and watches. More likely MCs and guns. That photo was taken when the scooter was still fairly new. Now it will be 15 y/o this December. BTW, I'd love to own a Duck. Had a ZX-10 while I was in Tucson which was fun to ride. This is a first year FLTR with the old evo engine.

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 17, 2012

I've seen a fair share of watch+gun guys too. However, there's a couple of watch forums that have banned firearms photos/discussions.

8. rbird7282 Sep 17, 2012

Because those forums SUCK!

9. rbird7282 Sep 17, 2012

Motorcyclist, watch nut, and gun nut. I've got 'em all covered.

10. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 17, 2012

What about knives, any knives? haha :)

Not as bad as forbidding the discussion of pricing relating to watches. The bogus rules in other places make us look like the wild west of watch forums.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 17, 2012

Yep , that's us

yosemite-sam.jpg
    You'll have to pry my Patek from my cold
    dead hands, ya mangy varmint

12. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Sep 17, 2012

That's why I love the guys here. I can walk into any AD if I am interested in any modern pieces. But for vintage stuff, where will I go to if there is no omegaforums.;).

BrianMcKay likes this.
  13. rbird7282 Sep 18, 2012

Don't have any good knives except for a Navy issue (Mark II, I believe) knife and a Navy issue dress sword.
    It's much nicer to be on a forum that can discuss price so that we can all learn more about the hobby, instead of looking down or excluding the new members.
    This forum rocks!

dsio likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 18, 2012

Well hey thanks! By all means tell your friends =D

15. MarkJnK Sep 20, 2012

Hi Omega-maniacs. I'm Mark, many of you will know me from a decade or more on the other big forums. I've been a watch nut for a while and this has resulted in over 300 watches bought and sold over the years. Mostly big divers, aviators, and chunky pieces. It all started with Seikos and Citizens, and has progressed to where I am now... the Omega forum. My current collection is highlighted by 3 Omegas, including my 6th Speedmaster, my second Ploprof, and my second POC, this one being the 9300. Hopefully I can provide some useful contributions to the forum. Cheers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trev likes this.
  16. ulackfocus Sep 20, 2012

Hi Mark. Let me just say that BLACK & ORANGE rule! Dig that PO. :thumbsup:

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2012

Welcome Mark. So Omega makes new watches too, wow.
    Actually several of us own new was well as vintage and we could use some more action in new Omegas :thumbsup:

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2012

I approve of all 3, nice choices, having an 8500, a 9300 and a Speedmaster Pro is a nice cross section of their modern lineup.

19. Parsley Sep 21, 2012

Hi everyone. I've been lurking in the shadows for quite some time and thought that I had better join up and get the benefit of all the experience on here. My pride and joy is a Constellation that I bought way back in 1970. It's been on my wrist almost every day since!! Ashamed to admit that it's only been serviced once and that was around 20 years ago. So I took the plunge and have sent it to an official Omega repair agent in London for a service and repair/refurbish. So far so good but the shock was the estimate of £540. This includes new crown and glass, new hands and dial restoration. Of course in the back of my mind is - is this going to be worth it in the end.!!!!

Details from the estimate are: Stainless Steel case. Case number ST 1680018. Calibre 564. Movement number 28.736.374

I'll post photo's once I receive it back. One thing puzzles me though, I haven't seen a dial like mine on here. The minute markings are subdivided - is this normal?

Any feedback would be more than welcome.

20. ulackfocus Sep 21, 2012

Hi Parsley. Got any pics of your watch?

Oh, when are Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme going to join up? ::rimshot::

Sorry...... couldn't resist.:rolleyes: