Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. HogWldFLTR Sep 4, 2012

Good morning all,

New to the forum and owner of an'04 Seamaster Pro. It's running about +1 sec/day. Likely needs servicing but nervous about ruining a good thing. It was in unworn condition when I got it a couple of months ago. Relatively new to watch collecting; looking at Rolexs but so far haven't been able to justify the expense. Also have a Harley hence the name from when I first owned my FLTR. Not much of a biker however.

-Lee

[​IMG]

Robert-Jan likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 4, 2012

Nice 2531.80, IMO don't service it until you have a problem, the Cal 1120 movement in it is so close to the ETA 2892-A2 that servicing is cheap and easy as are parts

3. ulackfocus Sep 4, 2012

Hi Lee. Good to see you found us here. :thumbsup:

4. HogWldFLTR Sep 4, 2012

Nice seeing you here as well; I noticed you were active. Thanks for the welcome. Also dsio, thanks for the reply re servicing. Is there a potential issue with water resistance if it isn't serviced?

5. Lea Sep 4, 2012

Hello everyone, My name is Lea and I'm new here. I'm so happy to have found this forum filled with fellow Omega enthusiasts. My husband and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary and bought a pair of the James Bond 007 50th anniversary limited edition Seamaster as a gift for ourselves. It was my second Omega. My first one is a De Ville, a gift from my dad. It's a pretty old watch now but since it's an Omega, the performance is still outstanding. I know many don't like the 007 monogram of the 007 50th anniversary collectible piece, but I think the design is awesome. For images of our watches, it was featured on my blog: http://www.indulgethyself.com
    Thank you so much for creating this forum and it's so nice to meet awesome people like you guys here.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 4, 2012

Hmm can't seem to see it on there Lea Welcome anyway though! :)

7. Ray916MN Sep 4, 2012

I can't say I've got really cool stuff, having seen how cool allot of collector's stuff is. I wander too much to have the ultimate cool stuff and end up dabbling all over. Here are some pics to illustrate the method to my collecting madness. If there is a method, I'll be interested to see how many folks can correctly guess what Omega I just bought and am awaiting.

The first nice watch I bought over a decade ago was a Fortis Official Cosmonauts Chronograph. It was between the Fortis, the Zenith Rainbow Flyback and the Omega Triple Date. I chose the Fortis because Lemania 5100 production had ended. I now own all three

[​IMG]

Pulling the 36000 bph string got me to looking at El Primero's which got me to studying who was first to produce an automatic chronograph, which got me to these. FWIW, I believe it was Seiko as I have several watches from 3/69 production based on their serial numbers, although to cover my bets, an 1163 Heuer Cal. 11 Autavia was one of my 2012 buys. (this collecting also spawned a small microrotor movement collection and a pretty sizable Seiko collection...)

[​IMG]

I'm lazy, so I tend to avoid manual wind watches. but history isn't so picky so a proper 321 Speedmaster had to join the rest of the flown watches group. This group still needs lots of work.and this collecting spawned a small tuning fork collection, which means I've got a couple of Speedsonics.

[​IMG]

Here are the 4 Omegas I bought this year. The 5th hasn't arrived yet but I've been looking for one for a few years. What am I waiting to receieve?

[​IMG]

Here's the latest and greatest addition to the bikes in my garage.

[​IMG]

ottoman likes this.
  8. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 4, 2012

Hey Robert-Jan,

Glad to hear you're enjoying our little corner of the internet. It's our passion for this hobby that drives us, so it's always nice to hear positive feedback.
    Plenty of ΩF improvements in the pipeline, time is the only limiting factor. Need more hours in the day :)

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 4, 2012

Also, a big welcome to all of the new members showing up. Hope you have fun here. Cheers

10. HogWldFLTR Sep 4, 2012

Mine's not a duck but it gets me from a to b ok. Here it is down in Tucson.

[​IMG]

Also my other Harley out in Oregon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2012

Is that a Panigale ? Looks good.

Btw, nice Aerostich suit ;)

12. Lea Sep 5, 2012

Hi dsio! I'm so sorry I posted the wrong URL! My bad... It's on my main blog. Here is the site: http://rediscovermore.com
    THank you so much for the warm welcome.

13. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Sep 5, 2012

Thanks Trev. I am familiar with the problem. The forum is good as it is now imho, so improvements can be planned ;-)

14. HogWldFLTR Sep 5, 2012

Lea,

Is that pronounced Lee-ah? Welcome from another new-b. Nice watches you got there. They suckered me in to Omega.

-Lee

15. Lea Sep 5, 2012

Some call me that way but it's actually "le-ya" :) NIce meeting you here. Nice watch you got there as well.
    -Lea

16. Mathew J Sep 5, 2012

Hello all,

Some may know me from other forums but new here, have two watches, the better of them my Omega Aqua Terra :) look forward to spending some time over here with fellow Omega fans...also grail at this point is a speedy pro

[​IMG]

Trev likes this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2012

Welcome mate, nice AT2500!

18. Mathew J Sep 5, 2012

Thanks, this is what my grail combo would be, but right now I have a sub instead of the speedy...hopefully I can add the speedy.

combo1.jpg

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 5, 2012

20. Lea Sep 6, 2012

Elegant! :)