Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. LesXL Aug 28, 2020

Oh... Another introduction thread!
    Well, hello... The name is Lester, not new to the forum in terms of lurking but new in terms of posting... I made the big jump and decided to become part of the community.

Recent watch hobbyist, so I enjoy reading contents in here, and dreaming of the watches all you guys have :)

vintage hab likes this.
  2. NotEnoughTime27 Sep 24, 2020

Great to meet everyone here! I am passionate about watches. I have a few of mine but nothing too special. I've got my eyes set on a 1200m PloProf so wish me luck on saving up a nice bit of change to put one on my wrist... All the best!

yande likes this.
  3. Missions Sep 25, 2020

Hi all,
    I'm a member of other watch forums. I have owned 2 Omega watches in the past and I currently own my Speedmaster Moon for the last 15 years (never going to sell it). I also have a few other watches Rolex, etc..... Looking to get back into the Omega brand and this looks like good place to start....... :)

4. YYTIN Sep 29, 2020

Hi all,

A little intro from my side : just joined you this month... found this site while looking for a Zenith El Primero C Case. Found it & bought it here. And found much more information than I believe I will be able to read ! Very happy :) with the contacts already made. Inspiring Place.

Just started in this game, buying an omega constellation pie pan 20months ago, followed by a Croton CASD, a KS 52 Special, the Zenith mentioned above and an Omega Seamaster 145.018 is on its way (also found it here in OF). Oh and I have a seiko SKX013 for sports/no fear activity.

What started as a "I want to wear a nice watch with an history" (Maybe some kind of 40crisis) seems to become something else...My Xmas wishlists is extending everytime I came and read something here. Appreciate a lot the (hi)stories behind the watch and very glad to discover some here.

Edited Nov 1, 2020
  5. Karusel Sep 29, 2020

Hi, everyone.
    I've been a lurker on this forum for some time but joined quite recently as I've begun to jump into the Omega brand.
    I started my collection with the white dialed Seamaster 300M ("Great White") but have moved onto the 39.5mm Planet Ocean in black ceramic. Both were and still are amazing watches but I've fallen in love with the PO.

As for other watches, I currently have a Rolex Submariner 114060, Grand Seiko SBGA429, Seiko Astron GPS SSH001, and a few G-Shocks. I've also had a stint with Tudor with the Pelagos and Black Bay Fifty-Eight.

I'm looking for watches that I can wear comfortably and Omega for the most part has fit the bill.

Looking forward to having fun with you all.

vintage hab likes this.
  6. chrisinohio Oct 2, 2020

I've had the Omega bug for about 20 years. Mostly vintage but occasionally a new piece.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shabbaz, Russ1965, Passover and 4 others like this.
  7. simon87 Oct 2, 2020

Hi all,

I cannot match the impressive collection above by any means! However, I've lurked and been a beneficiary of the forum's guidance (a genuine thanks for this!) for over a year, saw this thread and thought why not? I don't see my interest in timepieces subsiding anytime soon.

The current item in my eye is a Lemania CH27 chronograph but need to find a legit model for a good price. Although HMRC did just fleece me for some extra cash, and like the rest of my generation I should save for a house instead, so maybe I will have to stick with my little collection below for a while! (G-shock and random $100 Ebay crappers from Eastern Europe excluded!)

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheers,
    Simon

First purchase left, latest right.
    collection1.jpeg

Vitezi, Russ1965 and Stewart A like this.
  8. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Oct 2, 2020

Always had a soft spot for Roamers

simon87 likes this.
  9. simon87 Oct 2, 2020

They definitely have some handsome watches, and for a bargain for anyone's first foray into mechanical!

2 minutes on google:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...498922?hash=item2178cb20ea:g:NiAAAOSwc7NfcjfVPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAB-MENS...990895?hash=item5db44e54af:g:jnUAAOSw41lfWeLLPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/roamer/roamer-old-chrono-gold-man--id15944179.htm

10. peanuts66 Oct 6, 2020

Hi I have been lurking and reading for a few days now and thought it would be rude not to introduce myself
    I am a complete watch virgin but find myself in the lucky position of being able to now buy a nice watch. For a few reasons I will buy omega and have narrowed it down to these two (neither of them has a dog anywhere in sight) please fell free to give me pros and cons of each or even tell me that I am being a complete idiot and for the money i should be buying another omega ( probably opening a can of worms but what the hell) Anyway to the two watches

Titanium on titanium

omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-21590442199001-list.jpg
    Steel on steel

omega-speedmaster-speedmaster-57-33110425103001-list.jpg
    Thanks for reading and be gentle

Peter

Vitezi likes this.
  11. Fenix84 Oct 15, 2020

Hey yall,

I'm new here but active on all the other watch forums, just thought id create an account.

12. ed123 Oct 15, 2020

Hiya! I'm Edie, very new to the watch game. My first job out of school was as a watch maker's assistant but I've not had any real interest until very recently. Gearing up to buy my very first piece so you'll mostly find me lurking the sellers forums and reading up on vintage watch 101 material. Cheers!

13. dexumo Oct 18, 2020

Hello to all.
    Thank you for accepting my request.
    My name is Uwe and I live in Southern Germany.
    In search of information about the Omega brand, I have been here in the forum again and again as a silent reader. Now I have taken the plunge and registered as a member. Here's to a good cooperation and a good exchange of ideas.
    With the arrival of this watch, my interest in Omega is growing steadily......
    [​IMG]

STANDY, Vitezi and LesXL like this.
  14. LesXL Oct 18, 2020

Nice watch, man! Welcome

dexumo likes this.
  15. Russ1965 Oct 18, 2020

Hi,

I'm Russ.

Signed up here a while ago and then developed stage fright.

Came back tonight after some Dutch courage and thought I'd introduce myself.

Long-Time watchfan and vintage watch collector.

My current search is for a gold or rose gold Constellation Pie Pan of mid 50's to mid 60's vintage.

I hope to learn more about these watches on this forum, especially any pitfalls that ought to be avoided, given that it relates to all things Omega.

Thank you.

LesXL and Vitezi like this.
  16. dexumo Oct 19, 2020

Thank you very much.

LesXL likes this.
  17. iamvr Oct 20, 2020

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and new to vintage watches. My first automatic watch is a Tissot with a retro look that I bought years ago and still wear regularly. More than a year ago I bought myself a pre-wedding gift, a solid gold Zenith El Primero, also with a retro look (in hindsight with a bit of buyers remorse as my war chest could be fuller now for the hunt for vintages). So I've always liked the more classic watch styles, hence going into vintage watches is the natural next step for me.

If I had known of this intro thread before, I would have introduced myself before posting on the advices thread already seeking advice for purchases, where I've been kindly told by experienced members to educate myself first ;) and narrow down what I'm really looking for.

It's already been an interesting journey so far reading the many threads and also Desmonds blog http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com.

In narrowing down what I really like, I've come to realize it's the Connies with the round case rather than the C-shaped cases. As I'm not planning to buy many items (I know what you might think :D), I also want to be focused when it comes to calibres. For the first vintage, I'm aiming for a mid-500 series calibre such as 168.005 with 564 calibre or 167.005 with calibre 551. I'm not sure how I feel about the pie pan dial. I know it's iconic, but I have mixed feelings. I've seen some PP I like and some I don't but have not quite figured out what makes the difference. The dial color perhaps. I certainly don't want a golden PP dial.

While waiting for my first "pray" to pop up (patience is not one of my virtues, but I have to embrace it), I'd like to train my eyes to tell the good from the bad. After only a few days of research I already find myself in a better position to discard most of offered items on online auctions immediately. Tougher for me to spot are subtle re-dials or changed parts, as I'm too inexperienced. But I aim to learn more by reading past posts on OF and posting some doubtful cases myself to learn from the masters.

Looking forward to the many exchanges on OF.

Vitezi likes this.
  18. Vitezi Oct 20, 2020

19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 20, 2020

Welcome and lovely picture

dexumo likes this.
  20. vectrln Oct 20, 2020

Hi everyone,

Been lurking on the forum for awhile and have thoroughly enjoyed reading through the forums. Thought I would finally say hello.

Interesting enough I got into watches after buying a smartwatch (I like gadgets) which eventually led me to researching 'real' watches and appreciating their design and how they function. Since then I've owned a mix of quartz and mechanical watches.

My first Omega I ended up owning was the Omegamatic . I found the movement unique since it had a battery that was recharged by a rotor that spun as you wore the watch. I had it for a while, but ended up selling it since the black dial was a bit hard to read at certain angles. Though maybe I'll own the white dial version in the future if I can find one as it looks like its more readable.

I do like the case size of 36mm so I currently have a Bond Seamaster Quartz 36mm. Picture of my former Omegamatic:

omegamatic.jpg