The Flightmaster thread

Hello! I just buy my flighmaster 910 (145.013) pre-loved. I do believe ths bracelet is not the right one as the large central seconds hand.
Movements is running in a stunning way and everything works, colored buttons, crystal to be changed. does anyone suggesting something more?
Also the crown does not look the correct one

agree, also the hour&minute hands look like later luminova service parts.

How I wished they made the same functions in a smaller case… 🤔

nice example, and the crown shall look just like that.
Thanks, still learning as a relative newbie with the FMs. An interesting watch reference for sure though somehow managed to never come across them all these years😀

Hello to all the members of the forum and especially to the flightmaster lovers, I have an issue with the bezel of my FM, when turning the crown that moves the bezel it feels hard like a certain resistance, in addition to that when the bezel advances it feels like a small jump as if the teeth of the bezel protrude from its axis for this reason I would like to know if anyone has disassembled the bezel and has photos; I would also like to know if the bezel has any additional features that help it get on the dial, waiting for your advice and recommendations btw it is a 911, thank you!

The teeth jump is because there is a high resistance, that forces the tooth to jump.
And the inner bezel resisance is very probably due to glass seal melting.
The solution is obvious - have it serviced.

Hello to all the members of the forum and especially to the flightmaster lovers, I have an issue with the bezel of my FM, when turning the crown that moves the bezel it feels hard like a certain resistance, in addition to that when the bezel advances it feels like a small jump as if the teeth of the bezel protrude from its axis for this reason I would like to know if anyone has disassembled the bezel and has photos; I would also like to know if the bezel has any additional features that help it get on the dial, waiting for your advice and recommendations btw it is a 911, thank you!

Can you post a picturw of your watch?

Yeah take it to a competent watch doctor, these things are a bit complex for DIY………unless you got the gear to work on these and access to the parts……….DIY brain surgery would be easier!

Strongly recommend you get a qualified watchmaker to look, these are complicated pieces

Cheers.
But it’s not like a GMT function, it’s fixed to the regular hour hand and simply tracks around at the same pace showing the second time zone on a 12 hour basis (not 24).

Look what just arrived in the mail! Very excited to increase my currently lackluster knowledge in this space.

50 years ago, official ASTP cosmonaut portraits
Between April 8 and May 3, 1974, a delegation of 75 Soviet-Russian engineers/cosmonauts visited the Johnson Spaceflight Center in Houston Texas.
Both Leonov/Kubasov and their backup Filipchenko/Rukavishnikov together with 6 support cosmonauts performed joint training with their NASA counterparts. In fact, all support cosmonauts wore an Omega Speedmaster chronograph!
During a press conference on April 26, Thomas Stafford answered questions in the Russian language. These are some of the official NASA portraits made during that period, showing the cosmonauts wearing an Omega flightmaster, which they had been using since June 1973.
When cosmonauts visited Bienne HQ in 1973, they were presented Omega flightmaster, Speedmaster versions and the ex-Alaska II Project Speedmaster. Cosmonauts prefered the more bulkier watches, but during Apollo-Soyuz all spacefarers wore an Omega Speedmaster (11 in total on ASTP). #MoonwatchUniverse
(Photo: NASA)
1974_flightmaster.jpg