The Aviators Thread

@DoctorEvil
Probably a maritime patrol / anti-submarine aircraft, Lockheed Orion or a Hawker Siddeley Nimrod
The wrist watch was 100% a chronograph

Looks smaller than the P3B Orion and the Nimrod have round windows.

Concorde!??? Are you sure about that? It looks more like a military patrol plane than a hyper sonic luxury plane.
Concorde undergoing testing and flight certification (from memory).

I'll see if I can remember/find where I first saw it.

Ahh off course, testing and flight certification needs all those instruments. I should have tough about that. Tank you.

Concorde test station looks like this
prev1024_214_20210902_IWM_Duxford.jpg
Gmap.php
From https://marc.merlins.org/perso/nflying/post_2021-09-02_Imperial-War-Museum-in-Duxford.html

Ummm…not only am I having a bad hair day…but I discovered damage on my beloved daily driver 2007 Ford Police Interceptor earlier today while parked on our street in front of our house…

IMG_4273.jpeg

So how is this “aviator” and/or “aviation” related???

Well…due to being a former Naval Aviator [aka a Nasal Radiator], I used to have a collection of FLY NAVY bumper stickers…I used my last FLY NAVY bumper sticker today [along with black Gorilla tape] to cover the damage…

IMG_4274.jpeg
Edited:

Gator chillin' out at MacDill air force base...
1000003526.jpg
Image courtesy of Avgeekery.com via Facebook

For the helicopter pilot trainees on OF
Here're Buzz Aldrin & Neil Armstrong training in a single rotor single engine Bell 47 helicopter (NASA 948), the ideal tool to simulate lunar landings
(Photos: NASA)
948.jpg 948_NASA.jpg

70 years ago... idea of a nuclear powered bomber !
The Convair NB-36 "Crusader" carried a three-megawatt reactor into the skies, and due to the extensive shielding necessary to protect its crew, it became the aircraft with the highest quantity of lead integrated into its structure, with the cockpit’s rubber and lead shielding alone amounting to eleven tons. A 12-ton lead-and-rubber-shielded cockpit with windows 10-12 inches thick protected the flight crew from radiation!
Convair NB36H.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_NB-36H

Only had my old iPhone so this gentleman (Warlord11 I think) was low low low and damn noisy as I walked to the car this week.
Not a huge modern jet fan but the rumble is in a league of its own.

Only had my old iPhone so this gentleman (Warlord11 I think) was low low low and damn noisy as I walked to the car this week.
Not a huge modern jet fan but the rumble is in a league of its own.
Reminds me of when I lived in Singapore during the early 1980s. I used to see and hear F-5E Tiger and A-4S Skyhawk aircraft flying over our house all the time. It was a plane spotter's dream. Used to also see lots of UH-1 Iroquois helicopters as well. Not surprising really, as Singapore is a tiny place and there's not a lot of room for aircraft movements.

Came across this video by chance. If you're a passenger on a B737-800 and the pilots are incapacitated, here's how you can land it safely...
Thank God for autopilots and autoland.
Bonus points if you can identify the watch on the presenter's wrist.

For the helicopter pilot trainees on OF
Here're Buzz Aldrin & Neil Armstrong training in a single rotor single engine Bell 47 helicopter (NASA 948), the ideal tool to simulate lunar landings
(Photos: NASA)
948.jpg 948_NASA.jpg

I had no idea these guys did some helicopter training, thanks for the post! Getting some dual instruction time in a Bell 47 is on my bucket list after I finish my PPL.

To commemorate Star Wars Day just gone (May 4th), I present this...
1000003660.jpg
When landing at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Texas, just use the GPS fix points RRTOO, DDTOO and JEDYE!