The AD call came...

Posts
64
Likes
297
Received the call late last week from my local Rolex AD that the watch I've been waiting for is ready for me. It'll be my first Rolex, but I can't get in until this weekend to pick it up - gonna be a long week waiting for Saturday!

Will share what I've been fortunate enough to pick up along with the obligatory photos when the time comes!
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
You are hereby referred to r/rolex, the official home of "I got the call."
Edited:
 
Posts
64
Likes
297
Not necessarily the most creative choice, but as someone who’s unlikely to have a large collection, I wanted something that can be my daily wear. Also purchased for a major life occasion so again, wanted something that will have the longevity to be passed down.


 
Posts
747
Likes
876
Congratulations! Can’t go wrong with a sub.. vintage, neo-vintage, or modern.

Nice to get the AD experience as well.
 
Posts
3,433
Likes
9,113
Great 1st Rolex. You're going to love it. Congrats.
 
Posts
64
Likes
297
However… when are you going to get a Speedmaster?
My daily for the last 6 years!

Now a 2 watch collection..

 
Posts
64
Likes
297
Thanks all! I’m delighted with it but it’s tucked away for a few more weeks!
 
Posts
13,915
Likes
54,106
Great choice! Now insure it, get out there and live! One of the frustrating issues with this brand is the stupid scarcity and the Covid era media hype which drew way too much attention to the sport models in particular. Prior, my GMT traveled the world on my wrist with a Timex or Victorinox as a backup for REALLY bad hoods. Still makes me crazy.
 
Posts
1,351
Likes
5,992
Good choice on the Rolex and excellent two watch collection. Enjoy them both.
 
Posts
91
Likes
136
Congratulations! I’m on a local AD’s waitlist for a no date sub.
 
Posts
64
Likes
297
Congratulations! I’m on a local AD’s waitlist for a no date sub.
It'll be worth the wait!
 
Posts
788
Likes
2,316
Got my Submariner No Date by dumb luck. Was dropping off another watch for service and wearing my 2003 Bluesy I picked up early last year from a local jeweler who has a shop and some watches.

Tried on the Sub, put my name on the list, figured it would take a year or two to get a call. Three weeks later the sales lady called and said come by and pick it up. Not sure how I got the call, wasn't planning on getting a new Sub that quick but couldn't pass it up. Need to find a picture of it.

Needless to say sent her a Harry and David tower of fruits/chocolates as a thank you.

Anyway, Congrats and wear it in good health and enjoy it!

 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
At least you bought it from an official retailer and you didn't contribute to the grey market.
 
Posts
91
Likes
136
This thread is good luck! Got the call today for my no date sub and I went and picked it up this afternoon. I waited about three weeks. I know, I know. Very fortunate. Obligatory pic: