Forums Latest Members

Tell me a joke! The OF humor thread :-D

1. Buck2466 Oct 31, 2018

Police came around last night and told me my dogs were chasing people on bikes.

My dogs don't even have bikes.

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 31, 2018

I threw a boomerang at a ghost the other day.
    It came back to haunt me. ::rimshot::

How do you fix a broken jack-o-lantern?
    With a pumpkin patch! ::rimshot::

A skeleton walks up to the bar and says to the bartender. “Give me a beer... and a mop.”::rimshot::

What do you get when you cross a vampire with a snowman?
    Frostbite! ::rimshot::

That’s all for now.... there,are a pirate and two princesses on my front porch telling jokes & demanding candy. :rolleyes:

Edited Nov 1, 2018
  3. Wivac Terribly special Nov 1, 2018

Took the family to a Zoo at the weekend.
    The Zoo only had one animal.
    It was a Shih Tzu.

M'Bob, Edward53, Paedipod and 2 others like this.
  4. jimmyd13 Nov 1, 2018

The oldest know joke is from Summeria: Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap.

The oldest I know that is still relatable: what hangs at a man's thigh and lives to poke the hole oft poked before?

A key.

Darlinboy likes this.
  5. Canuck Nov 1, 2018

Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"

The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."

The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice: The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

Tony C., kkt, akshayluc420 and 9 others like this.
  6. West Slope Nov 1, 2018

A jazz musician plays thousands of notes for an audience of 4 or 5.....a rock musician plays 4 or 5 cords for an audience of thousands.

kkt and Darlinboy like this.
  7. Canuck Nov 1, 2018

Two engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking at its top. A blondwoman walked by and asked what they were doing.

"We're supposed to find the height of this flagpole,"

said Steven, "but we don't have a ladder."

The woman took a wrench from her purse, loosened a couple of bolts, and laid the pole down on the ground. Then she took a tape measure from her pocketbook, took a measurement, announced, "Twenty one feet, six inches," and walked away.

One engineer shook his head and laughed, "A lot of good that does us. We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"

Both engineers have since quit their engineering jobs and are currently serving as members of Parliament.

CdnWatchDoc, Wivac, kkt and 8 others like this.
  8. nonono Nov 1, 2018

how to you stump an archaeologist? Hand him a used tampon and ask him which period it came from.

9. Pun Nov 1, 2018

In our era of LGBTQ community life, such events are no longer in a joke category!! No offence intended.

10. Canuck Nov 2, 2018

If you regularly tune in to this forum, it might be suggested that you try to not over analyze some of the humour (perhaps contributions might be a better word) you might happen upon. I sometimes feel this forum needs humor police. You volunteering?

marco, queriver and JimInOz like this.
  11. Pun Nov 2, 2018

Nooooooo. Not at all. You took me wrong!

I just added a dimension by stating in a lighter vein that it might be possible with certain individuals to do that in reality.

I’m extremely sorry if I was taken otherwise.

queriver likes this.
  12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 2, 2018

There was no slight against the alphabet community, it was joke about engineers.

Are "engineer" jokes to be put in the PC basket now?

queriver likes this.
  13. nonono Nov 2, 2018

I dunno maybe he was just highlighting the current pc climate rather than call anyone out for being insensitive. Just my 2cents

Darlinboy, queriver and Pun like this.
  14. Pun Nov 2, 2018

Thank you dear. My apologies if it sounded otherwise. At times my eagerness to contribute something funny land me up in big mess inadvertently.

jimmyd13, JimInOz and queriver like this.
  15. queriver Nov 2, 2018

I took it as more a joke on MPs than engineers. In any case I think engineers are about the least likely profession to "feel" offended in this ultra-PC world because they're too busy getting on with real jobs knowing they are useful contributors. On the other hand, making jokes about MPs, yes please, more the better.

-- From an ex-engineer who's never been and never will be an MP, but would consider becoming a Dictator if it comes with the power to get rid of PC crap.

Paedipod, Pun and marco like this.
  16. marco Nov 2, 2018

Done that many times !

Pun likes this.
  17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 2, 2018

I confess I did that once, it was on the 13th of June, 1964 (long before the WWW and forums).

I have not tried to contribute with a humerus response since that day.

Pun and marco like this.
  18. nonono Nov 2, 2018

Life's too short to be offended by everything.

Here's another engineer joke.
    Client: "How do you estimate how long a project will take?"

Engineer: "I add the time needed for each activity, then multiply by pi."

Client: "Why multiply by pi?"

Engineer: "It explains why my estimates are always irrational."

::rimshot::

19. Paedipod Nov 2, 2018

just throwing this out there as another ex-engineer.... Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 5.53.13 AM.png

20. Watchgurl Nov 2, 2018

Ok I'm a physician and this cracked me up.

CdnWatchDoc and Darlinboy like this.