Forums Latest Members

Tapered Seamaster 300M Bracelet Update

1. Spikedlee Feb 14, 2021

A little but of work to develop the proper fitment, but I actually think it suits the Seamaster well. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pw92676 Feb 14, 2021

I think it looks great!

3. flw history nerd Feb 14, 2021

Interesting bracelet and clasp. Who makes it?

4. funkright Feb 14, 2021

Looks great :)

5. Spikedlee Feb 14, 2021

This is a Halios Fairwind bracelet with custom endlinks

6. Jetguy87 Feb 14, 2021

That looks awesome! A great retro-looking fit that works with the watch.

Question: how did you get custom endlinks made? I've been looking for a solution to the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial bracelet -- in which the endlinks extend out past the lugs, making it hard to wear comfortably (see, for example, this post at pages 2 and 3). Although the new model will fix this problem, I prefer the current/old one. If the new bracelet will fit the old watch, that should fix it, but in the meantime, I've been looking for a possible solution through different endlinks. Problem is that the lug width is 21mm.

So I figured I would ask you, given how great this looks, and that you got custom endlinks made!

7. Spikedlee Feb 14, 2021

So the Speedmaster and the Seamaster cases aren't too far off from each other. The Seamaster case is just thicker which means a hollow end link for the Speedy just needs to be opened up a bit. I recently saw a picture of an Uncle Seiko flatlink bracelet mounted on a Seamaster and realized I could take that same end link and just open it up to work with this bracelet. And now with the same end link I can make it fit my 60th Anniversary Speedmaster flatlink bracelet too. It only took a few seconds to open up with the right tool.

8. Jetguy87 Feb 14, 2021

Thanks for your prompt reply! No luck then -- Uncle Seiko only makes these in 19 and 20mm.

9. jeelan Feb 15, 2021

Hmm...I wonder if the Uncle Seiko end links would work with the brushed AT bracelet from 8500 series AT...

That bracelet is perfect for the SMP - its brushed, has the classic 3 links Oyster style bracelet...... and its been successfully retrofitted with the newer adjustable clasp (part numbers noted in another thread somewhere here)...

At least that gives you a genuine Omega bracelet and clasp, although the end link would be hollow and after market.......

10. UCZ_15 Feb 15, 2021

This looks fantastic. I've always hated the SMP bracelets.

11. Jockywilson1 Feb 15, 2021

Like the bracelet, not sure the retro vibe fits with a modern seamaster though.

12. jeelan Feb 15, 2021

on Uncle Seikos website the flat link bracelet end links hv polished areas. Did you end up brushing that part?
    Also are you able to measure the width of the centre opening pls? I just want to see if the AT centre links will this end link...

thanks heaps!

13. stevec14 Feb 15, 2021

I like the bracelet - not the clasp though. Not bad however overall!

14. vitriol Feb 15, 2021

Nope, it looks like a Chinese knock-off.

15. Spikedlee Feb 15, 2021

He has both options you can buy all brushed or polished on the sides. No need to modify the finish at all.

jeelan likes this.