Tank watch recommendations?

Having satisfied my thirst for vintage Omegas, for now anyway, I am researching the 'tank' market, being a style of watch I've always admired. Can't really run to a Cartier or Omega, based on the prices seen on the various auction sites, so looking for a cheaper alternative which still has 'the look'.
Old school, so prefer a mechanical, as opposed to quartz.
Grateful for any advice on what to look out for, or to avoid.

Because the Cartier Tank is such an icon, pretty much any major watch manufacturer back in the day manufactured a tank-style watch: Hamilton, Gruen, Bulova, etc. Just search for your <favorite brand> tank and you’ll get hundreds of hits.

You should be able to find a decent T17 for around $400-600. Might take some hunting but they're out there.

IMG_20230811_110308_007.jpg

bulova, Elgin, Hamilton, Longines

EBay search on Tank watches

Thank you all for the info and advice, much appreciated.
The Omega 155s, definitely striking but not quite the style I'm hoping for....whilst it looks like the T17s are going to be nearer to $1200, at least this side of the pond.
Tried a search argument on ebay for tanks, encompassing all of the 'lesser' brands suggested here, and got 1478 hits!
Ah well, us retired folk have time to burn.
Quite like the look of this one, though. 23_001.jpg 😀
Thanks again.

Lip Tank T24- also nicknamed Churchill because the French government in 1948 offered one to Churchill as a token of thanks.
Those are modern replicas with Miyota quartz movements and larger size. 189 euros a piece.

Or this 60's-ish mechanical Lip. I own this but wear it rarely. A tank is great in that it slides under a shirt sleeve so that you forget you're wearing a watch, but doen't quite stand out as much as a round watch. This one is 26mm across, a perfect size I think for a tank.

LIP.JPG

There is the Omega 111.004 which is a mechanical, hand wound, tank style. Similar sizes to a Cartier tank, around 28mm x 33mm. If you’re patient, they can be found for quite a good deal.

Here’s mine, I really dig it! Although one day I hope to find a dial in better condition but I’m good with the patina for now.
IMG_5359.jpeg

A couple other members have examples as well. Here's another one from here on the forum.