Forums Latest Members
  1. Schmoo2k Jun 28, 2020

2. perks713 Jun 28, 2020

I’ve ordered a bunch of straps from https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/

I’d learned toward the vintage and classic styles for your watch. Eventually you may want to get a really nice high quality strap but you can pick up a handful of styles/colors for really great prices and decide what you like wearing most.

edit:
    You may also get lucky and find someone selling links or a longer bracelet in the parts forum : https://omegaforums.net/forums/watch-parts-accessories-for-sale/

Hang around the forums long enough and you can post a “want to buy” thread looking for additional links.

Edited Jun 28, 2020
    Schmoo2k likes this.
  3. Schmoo2k Jun 28, 2020

When measuring for the width do you go for an exact match or round down?

4. perks713 Jun 28, 2020

I believe you should be looking for 18mm straps. You can pick up a really cheap digital caliper to measure the distance between lugs. If you’re in the US, harbor freight has one for around $10

5. Passover Jun 28, 2020

First thing you can do is move the springbar in the clasp, there is still one hole to use

upload_2020-6-28_17-11-53.png

If that is not enough - Can you estimate how many links you would need?

Problem could bethat you can only add links easily on this left side

upload_2020-6-28_17-10-15.png

6. Schmoo2k Jun 28, 2020

Thanks - that tallies with my metal rule measurement (haven't seen my callipers in a couple of years!).

7. Schmoo2k Jun 28, 2020

Yea I did see that, but I suspect I need an additional 2cm (folks were thinner back in the 60s I suspect). I quite like vintage (brown) leather straps anyway, which might blend in with the aged patina of the dial - I may as well enjoy it, seems to be keeping good time still (but should probably get it serviced?) - I suspect its never been opened since new...

8. Passover Jun 28, 2020

If you decide to use a leather strap - go ahead!

If you decide to go for the BOR maybe I can help you with parts, send me a PM

My personal point of view is that BORs look best with darker / black dials, with silver dials you have a good contrast with leather bands

9. Schmoo2k Jun 28, 2020

Ideally I would get some era correct extensions for the current strap (if you have some please PM me) - but having looked at the Constellation eye candy thread here, some of the vintage brown straps looked well and would be a quick win! Realistically I need to get the service done first I suspect...