Forums Latest Members
  1. RainerB55 Feb 28, 2021

Good day members,

I’m looking to purchase a different strap for my FOIS. The brown strap works well for office wear, but I’m looking for something else to dress it down a bit.

My first choice would be a Cordura/Nylon strap as found on the DSOM and the new Speedy Pro’s.
    However, when browsing the Omega website, the only option there is in 19mm, is the Technological Satin strap (pic attached).
    Has anybody purchased this strap? Is it essentially a Cordura strap? It’s hard to make out from the pics on the Omega site what the strap will actually look like.

I visited my local AD yesterday to make an enquiry about the strap and was hoping they would have them available to view, but unfortunately not. In order to bring them in, I would have to order and pay for the strap. I’m not comfortable doing so when I’m not certain it’s the strap I’m looking for.

C2131316-A381-4B5D-A429-121EE8F93BAA.png
  2. maskwp Feb 28, 2021

I have not seen the strap you mentioned in person but I doubt that it is something similar to the one of the "DSOTM".
    Looks more like the straps found on some of the Tresor Models, like this one: https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-de-ville-tresor-quartz-36-mm-42817366004001

Would not want this on my FOIS but I get your point that the "real" fabric strap of either the new Moonwatch or the DSOTM would look nice.

3. RainerB55 Feb 28, 2021

Thanks @maskwp. The strap you posted looks like plastic or some synthetic material to me. Definitely not what I’m looking for.

4. Donn Chambers Feb 28, 2021

Don’t know anything about that particular strap. But I would suggest going aftermarket as an option. I have the DSOTM strap for my Seamaster 300 and love it (https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-strap-for-my-seamaster-300-mc.116711/), but as you note, it doesn’t come in the 19mm size.

The material Omega uses is Cordura, but Sailcloth is another popular option for this type of strap. I know of a couple of companies that offer Sailcloth in 19mm.

My top choice would be Zuludiver from WatchGecko:
    https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-quick-release-sailcloth-padded-divers-watch-strap

It’s a little stiff at first so you have to wear it in, and it is not as thickly padded as the Omega Cordura straps, but it is high quality and looks nice.

Barton watch bands also has lots of options:

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/

they have canvas, rubber, and sailcloth in lots of different colors for 19mm widths. They are cheaper and the quality isn’t quite as nice as the Zulu, but you have a lot more options.

The best sailcloth I have found is from Artem straps, but they currently don’t offer 19mm. You might try to squeeze in the 20mm, but they are pretty stiff, so it might not work.

Finally, nothing dresses down a watch more than a NATO strap, and there are hundreds (if not thousands) or options out there. Not a lot are in 19mm, but with curved spring bars you can make a 20mm fit.

5. RainerB55 Feb 28, 2021

Donn, you’re a legend. Thank you.
    I’ve ordered a Zuludiver from Watchgecko.

I’ve got a black leather racing (perforated) strap with white stitching and a NATO on my radar.

6. Donn Chambers Mar 1, 2021

glad to be of help. Look forward to seeing what it looks like on the FOIS.

7. kam123 Mar 1, 2021

The strap that comes on the Zenith Chronomaster Revival Shadow could be just what you are looking for. I have that watch and an FOIS. They share the same 19mm lug width, fits perfectly. Just swap the Omega pin buckle with the Zenith one.

8. scapa Mar 1, 2021

Posted this in another thread but I have Jean Rousseau Compass and NATO Cordura straps bought for another watch that fits my FOIS well -- cost around 125 EU when I bought it a while back. They're superb straps. They look like the OEM Omega Cordura straps but IDK if they did or do make them for Omega. A link:

https://www.jean-rousseau.com/shop/nato-strap-black-cordura/686201-cordura-black/

9. RainerB55 Mar 5, 2021

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

My Zuludiver from WatchGecko should be arriving today.
    I’ll post some pics once the strap is fitted.

10. take57 Mar 16, 2021

My Artem just came in the mail today. With the grey stitching, it will be paired with a Speedmaster Pro. As you mention, the quality seems first rate. Really very nice. Here's a pretty accurate review Fratello did a few weeks back that tells the story better than I can, along with some nice photos of the product:

https://www.fratellowatches.com/artem-straps/

My only complaint is DHL's tracking has much to be desired and is not Artem's fault. I dropped a note to Artem to check on what appeared to be the strap spending an extended layover in Sydney only to find it in my Arizona mailbox after the email had been sent. Total ship time from Oz to Scottsdale via standard shipping was about a month.

11. inchpincher Has your missing inches Mar 16, 2021

2B4A033B-512E-46D5-ADE1-6F28F60D573B.jpeg
  12. wilderbeast Mar 16, 2021

Some good advice here, but I wouldn’t rule out leather as an option on the FOIS, which I think works really well to dress it down. I’ve tried a Fluco tobacco racing strap and a Bulang & Sons light olive leather strap and both look great imo:

2EAB1E9F-0963-4896-962E-6A44586DE1D4.jpeg 28035DE1-E8E5-4CD8-A535-245CF4422988.jpeg

13. scapa Mar 16, 2021

The Fluco is a favourite — beautifully-built strap especially for the money, and is both sturdy and soft. Great piece. I also wear the C&B Chevron 58 strap a fair bit on the FOIS and it’s a very comfortable pairing.

upload_2021-3-16_9-13-55.png

upload_2021-3-16_9-15-10.png

Edited Mar 16, 2021
    wilderbeast likes this.
  14. Dirty Tool Mar 18, 2021

I have the an omega cordura/nylon strap and omega clasp, purchased and fitted in a Omega OB. I can’t remember the model of watch it came from but I can dig out the part numbers for you if you like.

925019C9-19D9-422F-9A3B-9075C873BADF.jpeg 7AD0CA30-6736-486A-BCA1-83C424039A69.jpeg
    Falme09 and scapa like this.
  15. RachitisCampus Apr 8, 2022

In joining this discussion late but is your offer to figure out and tell the part numbers still valid?:D The strap looks great on the FOIS!