Forums Latest Members

SOLD Stowa Flieger Classic 40

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 28, 2019

Hi Guys

Up for grabs is my Stowa Flieger Classic 40mm (with papers). I stupidly repurposed the box 4 years ago ::facepalm2:: As such, it will not be included in the sale...too ashamed (but I really could include it should someone be adamant, it just can not hold a watch as designed, but can hold other things).

Why am I selling? This one just doesn't get worn anymore. Its a beautiful classic quality watch, and an absolute pleasure on the wrist. Taking it out to take photos now makes me think I should just whip it back into the pouch...but alas I have been strong and listed.

IMG_3283.jpg IMG_3289.jpg

It has no logo, no date (how they should be IMHO) and comes with an automatic ETA 2824-2 (in top grade), with blued screws.

Link to Stowa webshop.

What does 'top grade' mean for an ETA 2824-2?

upload_2019-12-28_15-10-42.png

Back to the watch.

The case is in mint condition, with one or two scratches that require a play of light to highlight (have highlighted them further down.).

IMG_3290.jpg IMG_3291.jpg IMG_3292.jpg IMG_3293.jpg

Naturally this watch has not been serviced since new, and I would never polish a case, it is thus unpolished. I also think it will be quite some time before it will require a service, despite being nearly 4 years old.

It has not been a daily wearer for some years, and even when I was wearing it often, it was in rotation with other watches.

IMG_3288.jpg

My favorite feature of this watch are the hands : they are a beautiful heat-tempered blue and they change with angle and light.
    IMG_3294.jpg

My second favorite feature of the watch is the crown. Feels fantastic between the fingers, easy to wind and grip, and doesn't look huge IMHO.

IMG_3302.jpg
    The band is the original solid leather Stowa band and signed Stowa buckle that came with the watch. It too is like the watch...class. It has been well used, but I think still has some life left. New ones can be bought from Stowa. The line in the above picture is reflection of light, and not a mark on the buckle. Here are the papers.

IMG_3298.jpg IMG_3297.jpg

The flaws.

Highlighted (with light, at the right angle) and centered.

IMG_3295.jpg IMG_3296.jpg
    Like most things in high resolution, in reality to the naked eye on the wrist under most lighting conditions they vanish.

IMG_3301.jpg

Strong the lume is on this one.

IMG_3299.jpg
    As said earlier, its a beautiful classic quality watch, and an absolute pleasure on the wrist.

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit.

Sale terms and conditions. 700 CHF (USD / EURO / GBP equivalent) wired directly to my Transferwise account for the full set. More currencies are available upon request.

I will include shipping (plus insurance) to wherever you are in the world.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so F2F could happen here. I could arrange to meet at a border location (e.g. Germany...to be discussed). I will accept a wire directly to my Swiss bank account too, however that will be in CHF, and will thus cost you conversion and transfer fees. Paypal F&F will be accepted, in CHF as specified. I use Transferwise as it saves you on these fees, and is a local transaction for us both. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation.

References (by searching the 'seller profiles & review' sub forum).

I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

Thanks ΩF for this space :thumbsup:

Lonestar, kov, dougwhiz and 6 others like this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 29, 2019

That was quick (well, OHPF, not yet sold, but someone solidly in lust)...in anycase, here are some more pics I would have used for my first bump...

...from adventures in sailing!

IMG_8620.jpg
    Those blue hands ::love::::love::::love::

IMG_5145.jpg

IMG_8532.jpg IMG_8582.jpg

PS: apologies for the 'ohpf' bump...but the pretty pictures...

Lonestar, kov, WYO_Watch and 3 others like this.