Spring bar conundrum: what’s the benefit here?

These two spring bars are advertised as being for pierced lugs. They have vey similar specifications, but one is shoulderless on both sides, whereas one has a single shoulder on one side:

IMG_3541.jpeg

IMG_3540.jpeg

My question: what’s the benefit having one side with a single shoulder? Easier to remove?

These two spring bars are advertised as being for pierced lugs. They have vey similar specifications, but one is shoulderless on both sides, whereas one has a single shoulder on one side:

IMG_3541.jpeg

IMG_3540.jpeg

My question: what’s the benefit having one side with a single shoulder? Easier to remove?
That would be my guess.

Like 1
Could it be that the shoulder side is sprung and the other not, making the bar stronger??

Like 1
I believe they’re both sprung. Could be wrong though.

Like 1
I used to hate springbars that were shoulderless (like the Seiko OEM fat springbars of the SKX/Monster); but now I love them. They are much harder to remove (even with a decent springbar tool remover tool); but that's the whole point. I feel much more secure and confident that the springbar will remain there if anything gets caught in it's way.

Like 1
Both sections are sprung, it's not a shoulder. At least that's the case on the ones I've come across.

I always assumed it was to allow them to be shortened by a greater amount. If a longer pin of the same diameter was used it wouldn’t be as secure. Equally a wider pin can’t be used for the full length of the sprung part as it won’t fit the lug hole.
No idea if that’s the actual answer though.
Edited:

Like 1