Forums Latest Members
  1. GordanDaniel Apr 1, 2020

Hey OF
    i was surfing some local ads and found a watch lot for sale with a bunch of watches in it. None are really of any interested except i spotted this in the corner. The owner doesnt know much about the watch and theres no markings.
    Does someone know what reference it may be ?
    no pic of the movement of course
    but it could be cheap enough to grab with the lot.
    The front of the case looks a bit rough yet the back of the case, from what i can see in the crappy photos i was able to screen shot, looks half good.

are the second hand correct and crown correct ? i know you cant see the logo side of the crown. \
    Thanks All
    IMG_4553.PNG IMG_4552.PNG

2. Canuck Apr 1, 2020

The case appears to me to be a replacement. The index markers appear to be touching (or nearly touching) the bezel opening. I suspect the case is not original Omega, either. Awful photos, blurred detail, not enough shown in two photos to really be certain. If this is the best of a bad lot, then you are probably looking at a dog from every town. Suggest you avoid.

connieseamaster and wagudc like this.
  3. GordanDaniel Apr 1, 2020

Yea they were screen shotted photos from the ad itself, the owner doesnt want to do much to try and sell it, so it the best i got.
    thanks for the info !

4. redpcar Apr 1, 2020

Better pics would only hurt this one anyway.

DaveK and Spacefruit like this.
  5. GordanDaniel Apr 1, 2020

Thanks guys, i wont spend the few hundred on the lot.
    Appreciated as always.

6. OMEGuy Apr 1, 2020

Well done.

GordanDaniel likes this.
  7. ConElPueblo Apr 1, 2020

I think it could be an US market gold filled case.

Pretty sure that the dial has been redone, but hard to tell from that photo. Seconds hand is wrong, obviously.

DaveK likes this.