Speedy Tuesday Event In Milan — A Video Report

220705-STE-Milan.132.jpg
Last Tuesday, we went to Milan to celebrate Speedy Tuesday with approximately 60 Speedmaster enthusiasts and collectors. The Speedy Tuesday Event took place in the Carlo al Naviglio restaurant, operated by Italian chef Carlo Cracco. All of the guests arrived at around 3:00 PM at this beautiful location, and in the great (Italian) weather, we […]

Visit Speedy Tuesday Event In Milan — A Video Report to read the full article.

Very nice report RJ and lovely video. Well done.

I have to agree with the perceived Italian admiration for the Speedmaster. While living in Italy for almost 5 years I have to say I saw a Speedmaster on the wrists of Italians 3-4 times a week being out and about. Italy was also the first place I saw the white dial Alaska project watch on the wrist of my neighbor in our parco as his daily wearer crushing his own home grown tomatoes for jarring. I'll never forget seeing it spattered with tomato sauce and him rinsing it off under the heavy running well water not thinking twice about it.

Ben fatto Italia!!!

Great event....fantastic Speedies....anybody know where the events is in the Fall?

It was a cool event! Thank you @Robert-Jan for inviting me. It was a pleasure to be there. The event was perfectly organized. I met lot of old fellow collectors and new ones. I hope to replicate the next year 😀
20220705_153411_resized.jpg 20220705_153746_resized.jpg 20220705_181535_resized.jpg 20220705_181638_resized.jpg 20220705_181717_resized.jpg 20220705_191900_resized.jpg 20220705_193341_resized.jpg

What was in those Omega gift bags?
There were a black polo marked Speedmaster and a a watch holder. Sorry but I have the pic of the watch holder only.
20220709_114133_resized.jpg

I really like this silver dial Speedy....do you have the reference of this model....
Edited:

There were a black polo marked Speedmaster and a a watch holder. Sorry but I have the pic of the watch holder only.
Very cool

It looks like Omega team talked about the Bulova watches and Fratelloteam made a video with an Italian author promoting his book.
So really just another event, nice & pleasant for those who participated... but nothing new Omega-Speedmaster-history-wise 🙁

It looks like Omega team talked about the Bulova watches and Fratelloteam made a video with an Italian author promoting his book.
So really just another event, nice & pleasant for those who participated... but nothing new Omega-Speedmaster-history-wise 🙁
Sorry but you're wrong. There were Petros Protopapas and another smart guy from the Omega museum. They talked about the Apollo-soyuz Speedmaster from 70s, how this italian made model saved the Speedmaster as a line of watches and other interesting Speedmasters from the past 😀

O.K. super, thanks for your reply, I saw an image of Petros with a lecture slide showing a Bulova logo at the top... I know he looked into that subject of how Bulova still tried to get into the Apollo space program.
It looks like Omega SA is also " slowly but surely " starting to admit their initial numbers on how many 1976 Italian Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster chronographs were made/modified need updating, with a number going over 500 ?
Time for an updated edition !? 📖
deMarchi_mStanga.jpg

Awesome! Lucky you 😉 The holder is very cool indeed.

O.K. super, thanks for your reply, I saw an image of Petros with a lecture slide showing a Bulova logo at the top... I know he looked into that subject of how Bulova still tried to get into the Apollo space program.
It looks like Omega SA is also " slowly but surely " starting to admit their initial numbers on how many 1976 Italian Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster chronographs were made/modified need updating, with a number going over 500 ?
Time for an updated edition !? 📖
deMarchi_mStanga.jpg
It was a letter from Bulova where they regretted that none of their watches was actually used in a space mission.

It was a letter from Bulova where they regretted that none of their watches was actually used in a space mission.

One of many, the little crybabies

Sorry but you're wrong. There were Petros Protopapas and another smart guy from the Omega museum. They talked about the Apollo-soyuz Speedmaster from 70s, how this italian made model saved the Speedmaster as a line of watches and other interesting Speedmasters from the past 😀
That's an interesting news. But am I get it right? It means there could be more than 500 and some of them are unnumbered? But then - de Marchi converted some speedmaster professional whatches using Soyuz dial. Does it mean that there are some Soyuz with a regular case and 5mm pushers and they are still considered to be original and right by omega?

.. They talked about the Apollo-soyuz Speedmaster from 70s, how this italian made model saved the Speedmaster as a line of watches ...

I would love to hear more about this history. It is difficult to imagine today that the Speedmaster was ever in danger of extinction. I am not questioning this perspective, only quite curious.