1. kilofinal Apr 1, 2019

::popcorn::

2. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 1, 2019

That is the best Nato for TinTin.

CTS-V likes this.
  3. XXoF Apr 1, 2019

Love it when the sun shines on this dial

34643CB5-A055-4AE0-934C-D85703A1B9B4.jpeg

hansmaulwurf, CTS-V, Longbow and 4 others like this.
  4. Stufflers Mom Apr 1, 2019

I had one a little while ago, I always thought it looked better on a strap than the bracelet.

P1120075.JPG

CTS-V, Redbirdsfan70 and WurstEver like this.
  5. WurstEver Apr 1, 2019

6. Stufflers Mom Apr 1, 2019

I'm firmly in the no rocket on the dial camp, it would be too Buzz Lightyear imo.

WurstEver likes this.
  7. MJWatch Apr 2, 2019

This shouldn’t be controversial but I bet it will be. Let it fly I guess. I predict the TinTin will eventually have more collectibility and a higher price than the Silver Snoopie.

Why?

I know various collectors who are very savvy with Rolex, these collectors almost define to the world what pieces are a “big deal” when it comes to Rolex and they at times set the trend. Some of these collectors are acquiring the Omega TinTin, and a few own Multiples. The Snoopy in contrast is more of an Omega enthusiast’s watch. Owned strictly by Omega fans. Not as much cross over.

That’s my feeling moving forward. Keep them.

Pun and The Father like this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Apr 2, 2019

BLUE HORSESHOE LOVES ANACOTT STEEL.

LeonDeBayonne, sgrossma, GRW and 5 others like this.
  9. Redbirdsfan70 Apr 2, 2019

Where did you get that strap?

10. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Apr 2, 2019

Similar but different. EBay purchase
    D336E96A-6C53-4A3D-A5AE-01727E069452.jpeg DA8071FC-50A6-49F5-9D95-85ED0F894DBF.jpeg

11. sbac Apr 3, 2019

I highly recommend Heuerville if you can stand the wait (don't know what the backlog is currently).

https://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/

The rallye in black is <chef's kiss> with this watch.

12. Redbirdsfan70 Apr 4, 2019

Thanks for the recommendation. I know of Heuerville but nothing they produce looks like the strap in @Stufflers Mom's pic. I love the white box stitching all the way around the strap and the multitude of small rally style holes in the strap. I've never seen a Rally strap like that one before. What appeals to me about that strap as opposed to what I've seen from Heuerville is the refined nature of the strap.

13. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 4, 2019

There was an earlier discussion in regards to Authetic Watches selling the $15,000 TinTin
    https://www.authenticwatches.com/omega-speedmaster-31130423001004.html#.XKZoY6QpCEd

I called Authetic Watches twice out of curiosity and the first call I was told the watch was out of stock and it was likely just SOLD.

Later I saw it was still on the website and called again.

This time I was told it wasn’t yet SOLD and was currently still available. It was explained that a Buyer or two had been making offers and agents were periodically holding the watch for price approval.

It’s still there and they will negotiate but the most Authentic Watches will take off $15,000 price wise is 10%.

The most interesting part of the conversation was Authetic Watches said the TinTin was the watch they received the most calls about with the Rolex Hulk coming in second.

Lastly the TinTin from Authentic Watches is new old stock but doesn’t come with the warranty card so it’s $15,000 for an incomplete set.

14. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 4, 2019

Maybe I should buy the $6K USD TinTin (sans warranty card) which failed to sell last month on TZ-UK and offer it on this thread at $14K and see if it get it snapped up. You could have your Speedy tomorrow, @SpeedyTomorrow and I will only ask a $8K introduction fee. I get why a full set LE is desirable but a loose watch? Lets try and keep a grip on the speculation people, it is getting silly and a little unpleasant to watch...

fergusm, DSOTM, Ree and 1 other person like this.
  15. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 4, 2019

I have 2. I’m trading one for a Daytona. I don’t need any more. I don’t think it’s speculation to relay experiences. Speculation is relaying possibilities. I personally would not buy any modern collectible watch like the TinTin without box and papers therefore the Authentic Watches piece would be of no interest to me regardless. I also have zero interest in any other incomplete set available elsewhere. I’m a NOS box and papers or BUST kind of guy.

16. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 4, 2019

Other than telling anyone who will listen how special the Tin Tin is, and that you have 2 with the express intention of selling them to make money, what else do you have to offer the forum? Asking for a friend.

MTROIS, sgrossma, fergusm and 2 others like this.
  17. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 4, 2019

Well we can start with
    #1. I’m not a bitch and a whine. If all you add is bitches and whines to a forum then your value is quite low.

#2. I hoped to relay that for $15,000 you don’t get a complete set. I recommend buying from someone else who has a complete set. I’m sure that many looking at the AW piece assumed since it said brand new condition that it would be a full set, it’s not. My opinion has value.

18. smitty190373 Apr 4, 2019

Can you post this kind of thing in the waffle thread please?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the...n-price-previous-current-future-1m-max.92612/

19. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 4, 2019

I post pretty liberally, take a look if you can be bothered. My main bitch and whine is that you have never posted anything other than in this thread which you have dragged off course with your stealth sales bullshit. Being new you won’t know or give a shit that this is against the forum rules. You are seemingly an investor trying to turn a buck, good luck to you but can you save the more egregious fluff for out and out investment forums, one of which this is not. Or at least wasn’t until recently.

MTROIS and fergusm like this.
  20. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 4, 2019

The saying I guess could go “if it bitches and whines then it’s a bitch and a whine”.

I’m not selling anything. I’m keeping One TinTin and I’ve worked a trade deal for my extra for a Daytona.

Value up or down is now more of your concern than mine as I don’t have a dog in that hunt. You however are easily offended by the increasing interest and I’m sure you will work through that over time, eventually. My diagnosis is that ultimately you will be fine.