Forums Latest Members
  1. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Feb 24, 2018

Fakkin cheered me right up looking at that lot of 'daily beaters'.:D Hope they go for bundles of dosh! That'll cheer me up even more! VERY ENCOURAGING!:thumbsup: Anyway, it's not their watches that I don't like, it's their attitude to having the images shown and openly discussed. Also the way they got heavy handed was disproportionate.

Maybe it's a 'Knightsbridge thing'??? I know it's posh around there, but that's no reason to get so 'up themselves'. I was born in a lovely old Victorian Maternity hospital in Chelsea, only a mlie or so up the road from Watches of Knightsbridge and my Dad was stationed at the barracks in Knightsbridge during his time in the army. It used to be great around there in the 1960's and 1970's. Very 'cool place' to be in the 'hippy days'. These days, the place has got far too busy and gone down hill a bit, in my opinion. They've even turned the lovely hospital, where I was born, into a 'pox clinic' now for the 'Wayward Willy Brigade'! Very undignified situation for such a lovely old building.:mad:

I don't know why they got so 'uppety' at Watches of Knightsbridge??? Maybe it's because they are in 'Knightsbridge' and it's a bit on the 'posh' side??? They got a 'right strop' on before, when their auction lots were evaluated on SM101! They should have been pleased to get such expert interest! Surely, if the watches they are offering are correct and of 'good quality', they have nothing to be concerned about.:thumbsup:

Why on Earth would a reputable auction house object to having their watches viewed and discussed by people who know 'what the fakk' they are talking about and can a write a, well respected, appraisal. Eh???

IF THEIR WATCHES ARE NICE POSH WATCHES, WHAT POSSIBLE REASON COULD THERE BE???:D Can't we persuade @Spacefruit to 'piss them off' again:D

Edited Feb 25, 2018
    Nathan1967, watchyouwant, kov and 2 others like this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Feb 24, 2018

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I wouldn’t spend a penny on any of those...

3. ConElPueblo Feb 24, 2018

Weren't they using those awful "vintage" straps at their last sale, too? They seem familiar...

henrikaa, Dgercp and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  4. Dgercp Feb 24, 2018

These offerings are decidedly anemic. I think folks are hanging on to the good stuff.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  5. smitty190373 Feb 24, 2018

I'd probably pick the -74 if it was cheap, the rest are a bit, meh.

The don bezels are the best bits.

Humptymarsbar and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  6. Davidt Feb 24, 2018

The CB, straight writing, 220 and -74 are decent enough for the right price. The Ed White, DON 69 and the 68 are spoiled by the dials.

7. Memovoxian Feb 24, 2018

There is something at the back of our fridge that appears to have gone a bit tropical.

8. Screwbacks Feb 24, 2018

if those are the only pictures they made available on line, what about the other parts of the watch? will it be on as-is basis or buyer's risk option?

Edited Feb 24, 2018
  9. SgWatchBaron Feb 24, 2018

Opened all the links and closed all of them. Pretty much sums up how I feel about this lot.

10. Caliber561 Feb 24, 2018

After opening the listings, I don't understand why they would only take pictures of the watch faces? Aren't they supposed to be a professional auction house? Maybe all the casebacks were replaced??? :cautious:

11. SgWatchBaron Feb 24, 2018

Usual auction house policy. If you want more pics email them.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  12. henrikaa Feb 25, 2018

The Speedmaster offering in this WoK is not really that interesting or pleasing to the eye, they all look battered except for the -74. Luckily the auction cotains other very attractive watches.

13. Memovoxian Feb 25, 2018

In WoKs defence they generally add more pictures as they get closer to the auction date.

14. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 25, 2018

...no matter how many pics they add, won't change the quality of whats for sale :whistling:

Mods, kov, Screwbacks and 1 other person like this.
  15. OmegaSean Feb 25, 2018

Anything that has Knightsbridge in the title is going to be hugely overpriced :):):)

OmegaSean

MaiLollo likes this.
  16. Screwbacks Feb 25, 2018

seems like ebay sellers have better protocol on visual presentation. the moment there is a misrepresentation or concealment, eventual sale is candidate for cancellation..

17. asrnj77 Feb 25, 2018

Must be for the UK market because their starting prices are too high for the $ and then the buyer has to pay another 25% in auction fees on top of that...too rich for my blood

18. jimmyd13 Feb 25, 2018

This is something that's really starting to hurt those of us who "feed off" auctions. With recent changes in card charges, I don't know any B&M auction houses that charge less than 24% buyer's premium. Coupled with up to 15% sellers premium (though I have bargained down to 5% when I have consigned) plus listing fees, photography fees, internet listing fees.... it's getting bloody expensive to both buy and sell. Whatever happened to agents happily taking 10%?

19. MCC Feb 25, 2018

me neither ......

20. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 28, 2018

I am not sure you guys are looking hard enough, thinking, and comparing with the market.

Especially the Ed White, which is essentially a papered 105.003 without a dial.

http://speedmaster101.com/blog/watches-of-knightsbridge-march-2018/

I could be wrong, in which case I will look an idiot.

I am not saying these are fine watches. But they are Speedmasters that are for sale, that are not complete put togethers or frauds. I dont think!!

nonuffinkbloke, Memovoxian and Psych like this.