Omega Speedmaster 145.022-71, Stepped Dial+1039/516 Bracelet

Location: US TFA FS 
$ 4800 USD
Posts
489
Likes
1,201
Available is a stepped-dial 145.022-71 on its original 1039 bracelet.

CASE: This appears to me unpolished. There is evidence of wear, but nothing extraordinary, and the brushing on the sides, and the finishing on the lugs, all look as you'd expect. The pushers are fine, the caseback is in very good shape, and I don't know enough to claim the crown as original. It seems so to me, but I'm happy to be corrected. The DNN bezel is in good condition; a few minor marks, but overall pretty excellent.

OF NOTE: the dial does indeed feature the T Swiss Made T at the bottom. However, the crystal's been replaced with something generic, and the tension ring is covering the edge of the dial (and, of course, there's no Omega symbol on the underside of the crystal).

DIAL+HANDS: the dial's in very good shape. The lume is original and has aged to a soft yellow and is largely intact. The hands, while original, are in rougher shape. The pictures are the best description for these, and I'm happy to provide more.

MOVEMENT: the Cal 861 has a serial number of 32,199,816, which dates the watch to October of 1971 (which also agrees with the 3/71 date on the bracelet clasp). Currently it's running well, with the chronograph starting/stopping/resetting as expected, an no hour creep. I don't know the service history.

BRACELET: the 1039 bracelet with the 516 end links is 7" long. Most of the spring links are tight, though there is one that's just not right. It's not that the spring has been sprung; it seems more likely someone tried to mess with it. I'm not sure (I'm not the original owner). Regardless, other than that one, it's in good condition, with minor scuffs, but the polished/brushed finish is still very clear.

Given everything, this seems somewhere between fair and good. The case, bezel, dial, and bracelet are good; the hands are fair. Mechanically, it's sound, though as you can see in the pictures, the gasket has corroded. This is a great candidate to drop at the watchmakers for a sympathetic service; with a correct crystal and the hands touched up, this would be an excellent example of a stepped-dial cal 861 Speedy.

The price is $5500 for the watch and bracelet. I'm in the US, and happy to work out shipping costs and methods with the buyer. I've sold watches here, though many more on ebay (I'm wlcutter2), and can provide as many references as are requested. Thanks as ever to the mods, and to everyone who makes this such an extraordinary forum and source of knowledge and info.