Speedmaster Date Pusher Repair

My Speedmaster date with the 3304 movement has a pusher about to fall off. I have seen on regular speedmasters that there is a screw to tighten but there doesn't seem to be a screw on this one. Does anybody happen to know how to repair this?

That's odd - can't say I've ever seen that before. I took apart a pusher to have a closer look at that connection between the cap and the post:

Looks to me like a press fit:

So you could press the post back into the cap, but you would have to be very careful not to damage the post in any way - if it get's bent or marred, then it will not likely seal properly. If I was attempting this, I would use a staking set and select a punch to go over the post that would contact the post right near the bottom,. on that angled surface. Then a quick and very light tap should seat it.

If the post can be removed easily, then I would apply some Loctite retaining compound before pressing it back in. But again the surface of that post cannot be damaged, because that's what seals on the O-rings inside the pusher tube.

If all that doesn't work, a new pusher is the next step.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Al

That's odd - can't say I've ever seen that before. I took apart a pusher to have a closer look at that connection between the cap and the post:

Looks to me like a press fit:

So you could press the post back into the cap, but you would have to be very careful not to damage the post in any way - if it get's bent or marred, then it will not likely seal properly. If I was attempting this, I would use a staking set and select a punch to go over the post that would contact the post right near the bottom,. on that angled surface. Then a quick and very light tap should seat it.

If the post can be removed easily, then I would apply some Loctite retaining compound before pressing it back in. But again the surface of that post cannot be damaged, because that's what seals on the O-rings inside the pusher tube.

If all that doesn't work, a new pusher is the next step.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Al
Thank you very much! Those pics help a lot. I probably wont be trying this myself then. I'll see if I can find a pusher to replace.

Thank you very much! Those pics help a lot. I probably wont be trying this myself then. I'll see if I can find a pusher to replace.

Let me know the case number or watch reference, and I'll let you know the correct part number for the new pusher.

Let me know the case number or watch reference, and I'll let you know the correct part number for the new pusher.
Thank you. I havent been able to find one yet. Everything I'm finding are the screw in ones.

Thank you. I havent been able to find one yet. Everything I'm finding are the screw in ones.

The specific pusher you need is part number 086ST0135.

Try searching on that and see if you come up with anything.

The specific pusher you need is part number 086ST0135.

Try searching on that and see if you come up with anything.
That looks to be it. Thank you very much.