Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Apollo XI 50th Anniversary - Thoughts?

1. kilofinal Oct 11, 2018

it will be mania. That should send prices in the reseller market into the Exosphere

Bak1962 likes this.
  2. rohnin Oct 11, 2018

How can they make a waiting list before the watch is announced? I don’t think so

djmusicman likes this.
  3. Loncar Nov 14, 2018

::psy::I'm on a waiting list

4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 16, 2018

Great but I'm gradually inclined to go for a vintage 1960s piece... nothing better than an original Apollo era Speedmaster :cool:

Seaborg and kilofinal like this.
  5. ASJ Nov 16, 2018

I agree and in my personal opinion, I feel and Guess that DON might be possible. Given they have done the “new” DON bezel for recent ST2. So just change the ink and print.
    Applied logo might be possible too. How about a White Step Dial for a change?
    Just my Guess.

6. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 16, 2018

They might even toss in a drop end chronograph hand as they did for the "First Man" movie Speedmaster prop... but I'm in a JOMO mood :D

7. Lucasfrey Mar 16, 2019

Good morning,
    have you seen the recent upload :

for the moment it will be a gold watch.
    it is gorgeous but will be expensive : /.

8. Lucasfrey Mar 16, 2019

9. Green_Ranger Mar 16, 2019

There's a two tone version coming out. I'm not a fan of two tone so I'm a little disappointed.

10. nismo Mar 16, 2019

Noooooo!!!! I just got off the phone with my OB (here in US). They contacted me and asked if I wanted to place a deposit now officially for the 50th after I asked to do so last summer (couldn't that early). They said there will be 6,969 of the watches in two-tone ONLY (moonshine gold). NO stainless steel he is aware of. And price range supposedly $9,600-$9,700.

I can't stand two-tone or full gold watches at all. I don't mind a little bit like on the 40th anniversary platinum watch, but that is the absolute most i could deal with on a watch. :(

He said if by chance there is a stainless, which he doubts, he'll call me for a deposit for that. Could someone please confirm if there is a stainless? I told him I really doubt Omega would not provide a full SS watch for this.

robinhook, rominvicta and Ian_km like this.
  11. rominvicta Mar 16, 2019

It will be to a certain extent a disappointment!

Seaborg likes this.
  12. Ian_km Mar 16, 2019

If it’s a full two tone bracelet, then I’m out too. Like you say 40th is great but no more than that, might save some money at this rate!

lustrousaurus, nismo and rominvicta like this.
  13. nismo Mar 16, 2019

I hope the guy is wrong as I have been holding out for this for a while. I passed on a dang like-new Apollo-Soyuz earlier this year in Sarasota that came with a box signed by Vance Brand and Thomas Stafford (2 of the 3 Apollo crew members on that flight).

14. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 16, 2019

I just got back from the OB. I went to pick up my Speedmaster from service. We talked about the new releases. I asked if there would be a third one that would be all SS. He said he had no idea.

15. simbal Mar 16, 2019

What I heard is it will have gold on it. Not sure if the strap is metal or otherwise. USD 9k+ sounds right as well.

16. GMTspeedmaster Mar 17, 2019

i want one!

17. robinhook Mar 17, 2019

If that's true, we'll have to count on whatever comes out with Cal 321 is a SS version...

18. snake.doctor Mar 17, 2019

We might still have some surprises from Omega this year.

I don't think they will miss the opportunity to sell a lot of watches made around the 50th anniversary which is very important.

I think there will be the full gold version, a two tone version but also a SS version as well which will be a huge surprise. They release information little by little just for that... And don't forget their event will be in the next two weeks.

Last month when I was at my local OB, the guy there showed me the moonwatch book and opened it at the page of the 1969 YG speedie, and told me he was saving money hoping for that because this watch was so cool and beautiful he was hoping they will make a reedition. I'm sure they are aware of the different models which will be available and they already starting working on their clients like that.

Don't forget they all sign a non-disclosure contrat to work there and they can lose their job if they speak too much. But they are salesmen, they are well briefed on the incoming products...

19. Pepe Lucas Mar 17, 2019

My salesman on the OB here in San Antonio told me that they have not heard anything in detail but they said that the watch won’t be a two tone per say, just some gold touches maybe in the bezel and pushers but not the bracelet. Also that only 1000 watches for the USA market.

20. gyromiterob Mar 17, 2019

Since this watch (the 331.22.42.51.01.001) is $11,000 and has gold accents, hopefully the anniversary watch will have even less gold (if any) at $9,600. Personally, I wouldn't mind a gold/black bezel if it's subtle. Fingers crossed it is something really special.

Screenshot_20190317-181953_Chrome.jpg
    lustrousaurus likes this.