Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster 9300: Three years on the wrist

1. Slowpoker Oct 10, 2018

Indeed I can understand, leather is amazingly comfy and versatile. So many different leathers to choose from too!

I've seen everything from simple Cow leather all the way to Elephant and Hippo leathers, each leather suiting a different use too.

This watch just looks natural on leather, like a real tool watch and not just a bracelet.

2. WurstEver Oct 11, 2018

Great photos! The racing model is a lovely piece. As @RoarLionsRoar mentioned, two of the key aesthetic differences (besides the racing track around the dial) are that the indices are not raised and the hands are white on the 9300. In these ways, the 9300 sticks very closely to the styling cues of the modern professionals.

3. WurstEver Oct 11, 2018

Thanks! Haha, that is hilarious! Makes you wonder how many guys wearing their Speedies go through there and take the same pictures each year. Glad to hear you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine :thumbsup:

I really like your photo of the 9300 on black leather. I came very close to buying one on the strap. Such a great look.

4. Speedy2254 Oct 11, 2018

I'm intrigued that you find the Pro disappointingly built. I've just got one (about 6 weeks ago) & haven't found anything bad yet. What areas do you feel could stand improvement?

Thanks,

J

Martin_J_N and Mongooseman like this.
  5. AtitG Oct 18, 2018

are the bezels of the 9300 speedy made of ceramic too like the 9900 speedy racing?

WurstEver likes this.
  6. RoarLionsRoar Oct 18, 2018

Nope, that's another difference... the 9300 has the Moonwatch-style bezel

WurstEver likes this.
  7. Mongooseman Oct 20, 2018

I was surprised by that too; I bought mine in 2002 and it was absolutely beautiful.

WurstEver likes this.
  8. papajan Oct 26, 2018

Awesome reply, thank you! These are the things i come for on this forum. Clear, honest and true knowledge.

WurstEver likes this.
  9. FinWatch Nov 11, 2018

Thanks for this great review!
    I feel the same: the bracelet is a lot better if you compare it to Exp II!
    It is important for me to read this kind of long-term experiences wearing the Moonwatch!

WurstEver likes this.
  10. watchesandcoffee Feb 4, 2019

The racing dial one looks amazing! Nice watch.

WurstEver likes this.
  11. Stufflers Mom Feb 4, 2019

These are great watches, I will only sell mine to make way for the new 50th Speedy.

step0001 black.jpg

KstateSkier and WurstEver like this.
  12. ras47 Feb 5, 2019

I absolutely LOVE a date window on my watches. Although it eliminates one of the three iconic sub-dials, I think it's more than worth it. My co-axial Speedmaster is my primary watch.
    Speedy-04-4.jpg

13. WurstEver Feb 6, 2019

Agreed! Surely the date window is the most useful complication of all. I reflexively look for it just about every time I sign something.

14. ras47 Feb 7, 2019

Kids these days say, "But...but...but...I always have my phone with me to see the date." Yeah, well I don't always have my phone with me. But I do always have my watch with me. I guess it's a generational thing. <cue crotchety old man saying, "Ya know, in my day..."> :)

Lu.., TheBodhisattva and WurstEver like this.
  15. WRB Feb 23, 2019

Thanks - you posted a great review. I have so far only had Seamasters and whilst I have looked at Speedmasters as my next watch from time to time, I always gravitated back to a gmt. But you have definitely sparked my interest in a chronograph.

Whilst not historically as significant, I too prefer the look of the two dial chrono.

WurstEver likes this.
  16. WurstEver Feb 23, 2019

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! The bi-compax dial really does give a clean, balanced look. I think the fact that Omega has stuck with this basic layout over several models now shows that it's finding an audience :thumbsup:

17. Evitzee Mar 10, 2019

Very nice review, it's always good to get impressions of a product after the initial thrill has had time to dissapate.

WurstEver likes this.
  18. steelfish Mar 11, 2019

It's always great to see this thread revived again. Makes me get out my 9300 Speedy and take it for a spin. I do still love it, they're such a strap monster it's cost me a fortune in random straps.

I never did swap over to the new adjustable clasp in the end, but lately I've been wondering if the new Speedmaster Racing bracelet would be a dirict fit. IIRC it comes with the adjustable clasps and the new style end links (I've lost a bit of weight recently and I keep thinking the watch is big on me now - new style end links would reduce the wearable size a bit).

Ayone know if it is indeed a direct replacement fit?

WurstEver likes this.
  19. Omegafanman Mar 11, 2019

I have used the chronograph second time function a few times when travelling. Skip to 1:53 on the video manual if you don't know this function. Omega were ahead of the game with the function. I am a big fan of this watch and the DSOTM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAXnxdppIPc

dfgfdgfg.jpg
    EauTerre, WurstEver and ras47 like this.
  20. 007007007 Mar 21, 2019

Thank you for writing this up. The size difference is significant and it is much more masculine.

WurstEver likes this.