Speedmaster 3861 clasp hard to click in

I just bought a new Speedmaster 3861 from the AD and am very happy with it. Something that I've noticed that feels different then my Seamaster is that it seems like it take smore effort to lock the clasp compared to my 2020 Seamaster Diver 300m. When I press the clasp against my wrist, it doesn't want to click and lock like it does on my seamaster. I have to insert my finger between my wrist and clasp and press it shut or press harder against my wrist until both side buttons release and pop out. If I have the watch off my wrist and closing the clasp, it feels normal. Do you guys have similar observations?

No issue with my original style 3861 clasp, works just like every other push button Omega clasp. Take a look to make sure there isn't some fluff in the clasp where the pin goes into the clasp body. Check if the pin is somehow bent.
Edited:

Sometimes on new Omegas there is a transparent sticker inside the clasp which will stop it from closing properly. It’s easy to miss - have a look and if there is one you can fish it out and your problem is solved!

Sounds like either:

A) A factory sticker still inside the clasp issue.

or...

B) A not used to a smaller/thinner clasp issue.

Other way around for me.. When both new, my 300m was difficult to lock in the clasp. I've read somewhere that there is factory grease in there. After washing the clasp, it closed crisp like any other omega clasp. Never had the problem again.

I read this post and immediately thought, ‘YES!! My 3861 clasp also feels like it won’t click shut properly! It’s not just me!’

Then I scrolled down and read @Lug’s post. And then I took my watch (which I’ve owned for six months) off.

Possibly one for the FotD thread… 😗

I read this post and immediately thought, ‘YES!! My 3861 clasp also feels like it won’t click shut properly! It’s not just me!’

Then I scrolled down and read @Lug’s post. And then I took my watch (which I’ve owned for six months) off.

Possibly one for the FotD thread… 😗

I'm glad it didn't fall off your wrist during that time!