Speedmaster 145.022-68 Transitional Excellent

Posts
6,480
Likes
22,017
This is one of my favorite threads. I am looking forward to the result. 🍿

Your patience will one day be rewarded.
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
Alright one last bump for the year 🤔
charlie-brown.gif
 
Posts
747
Likes
877
These are hard to come by, not much out there of good quality, a rare watch.

If I may ask, did you see the one come and go in January in the private sales section? Great example.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...transitional-great-condition-chf-7500.167985/

Speedmaster 101 occasionally sells watches on the “Speedmaster 101 sales” Instagram account, may also be worth reaching out to him via PMs.

And if you are willing to pay, here is a fantastic example:

http://www.db1983.com/vintage-watches/omega-speedmaster-145022-68-transition-19694?imageID=0
Edited:
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
These are hard to come by, not much out there of good quality, a rare watch.

If I may ask, did you see the one come and go in January in the private sales section? Great example.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...transitional-great-condition-chf-7500.167985/

Speedmaster 101 occasionally sells watches on the “Speedmaster 101 sales” Instagram account, may also be worth reaching out to him via PMs.

And if you are willing to pay, here is a fantastic example:

http://www.db1983.com/vintage-watches/omega-speedmaster-145022-68-transition-19694?imageID=0
Thank you! I believe I did see that one. I think I may need to lower my standards as I have turned down dozens of similar condition examples in the past year. ::facepalm1::
Edited:
 
Posts
747
Likes
877
IMO, that Davidoff Brothers -68 is about as nice as they get without being new old stock.
 
Posts
1,199
Likes
2,098
I love mine. Took me a while to find a perfect one with great patina. Putting a pic of mine for good luck.
 
Posts
1,874
Likes
2,629
This advert just tells us you are too cheap to pay for something good.
Why not start a new advert “looking for the cheapest transitional about”?
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
This advert just tells us you are too cheap to pay for something good.
Why not start a new advert “looking for the cheapest transitional about”?
Well, most of the examples I have been presented have issues I couldn't live with. Davidoff example has dial damage near the 6 o clock (also some case reprofiling?)
I don't mind paying above speedmaster101s price chart for excellent-- but I would expect it to be excellent.

I have seen other members examples that I would buy, but of course they won't ever sell. 😉

Edit: Decided to withdraw, as I think all I have achieved here is the frustration of dozens of members.
Thank you all for your time and help.
::stirthepot::
Edited:
 
Posts
910
Likes
1,724
IMO, that Davidoff Brothers -68 is about as nice as they get without being new old stock.
That was a really nice example - I see it’s sold on the DB website. Is there any chance you recall the asking price (for posterity)?
 
Posts
1,874
Likes
2,629
Well, most of the examples I have been presented have issues I couldn't live with. Davidoff example has dial damage near the 6 o clock (also some case reprofiling?)
I don't mind paying above speedmaster101s price chart for excellent-- but I would expect it to be excellent.

I have seen other members examples that I would buy, but of course they won't ever sell. 😉

Edit: Decided to withdraw, as I think all I have achieved here is the frustration of dozens of members.
Thank you all for your time and help.
Ok, the Davidoff one looked fantastic to me, but I have not seen any closeup.
What about this one?

It is my own example, as good as I’ve been able to find.
Original flat foot crown, pushers, crystal. I don’t think it has been polished and seems to have been worn but has original graining where it should be.
Edited:
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
That was a really nice example - I see it’s sold on the DB website. Is there any chance you recall the asking price (for posterity)?
I can't remember the total cost but when I inquired for a head only price they said CHF 7800. Price was good, the higher res photos turned me off though. Just noticed the Swiss Made is missing some paint too.
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038

Ok, the Davidoff one looked fantastic to me, but I have not seen any closeup.
What about this one?

It is my own example, as good as I’ve been able to find.
Original flat foot crown, pushers, crystal. I don’t think it has been polished and seems to have been worn but has original graining where it should be.
Yep thats what I'm looking for 👍
@Noles_88 example is good too.
 
Posts
24,802
Likes
55,084
I have seen other members examples that I would buy, but of course they won't ever sell. 😉
Have you sent a PM and made a strong offer? Most collectors have plenty of watches and will sell at the right price.
 
Posts
747
Likes
877
That was a really nice example - I see it’s sold on the DB website. Is there any chance you recall the asking price (for posterity)?

It was a lot - 8,800CHF I think. If that mark is just from the crystal and not actually dial damage, seems like an amazing example.

Edit: sounds like the 8,800CHF is wrong. It was less but still quite a premium.
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
Have you sent a PM and made a strong offer? Most collectors have plenty of watches and will sell at the right price.
I haven't for Speedmasters. I have tried a few unsolicited offers (nearer to when I first joined OF) and they never really went well for me.
But I will keep it in mind for the future.