Speedmaster 105.012-66, Recent Purchase (couldn't help it)!!

Dear Forum Folks,
I have done a few post recently regarding Speedmasters (and also Submariners), and my search for a birth year watch.
In my case (), with a production year 1966.
During my hunt for this, I stumble over a lot of Speedys that have different references and conditions.
Here is a watch that I found, and after tons of research (which is really fun!) and even reaching out to a Forum friend here, I felt quite confident and bought this watch!
And I want to share this watch with you guys, all my thoughts about the watch and what made me want to buy it, and of course having your opinon regarding the condition of the watch and if my assessments have been correct (please be gentle with me 🤔)?
The one that I am about to share with you is a 105.012-66,
And according to Speedmaster101 the serial nr range is 2453 xxxx-2544 xxxx for a 66.
The serial is nr 2495xxxx, and checking with Ilovemyspeedmaster.com,
it landed as a 1967 September (Darn....1 year off..)

According to the first and only owner, it only had two services, one in 1978 and one in 1988.
And that he hadn´t used it much at all, the watch was more or less unworn since 1980 and the owner just used it a few times.
Sadly he couldnt find the box and papers, but thats not the most important thing here...

And this is what I have (hopefully...) regarding the watch:
B2 Dial close-spaced T (thanks @Dan S for teaching me...)
Looking with a loupe, the lume plots looks nice and even, and the dial seem to have no marks or spots,
I have tried to take a picture with a loupe, but I don't know if this helps...?
Don Bezel, and I do think its in a good condition, a small dent close to the 60 marker.
HF case, with the ”smaller” facet under the luggs compared to a CB (thanks to @Davidt)
Im not sure if it has been polished, 2 services so it might have had it, but still sharp edges
Caseback feels fresh with very little marks and scratches, engraving is very clear, stamped inside 105.012-66 HF
The crown has 24 teeth and looks like an A1?
Pushers are the Short and Fat pushers, or mushroom pushers (Speedmaster 101:s own words…)
Crown and pushers works nicely
The hands seem to have matching lume, and are in a decent condition
Hesalite glass, with Omega stamp, it has scratches (the big one must have happened with the bezel damage) and marks
Bracelet is a flat link 1039 (stamped 3/67) with 516 endlinks
The clasp has some deep scratches, but I will keep them for now (maybe as a reminder of the former owner??)
My plan will be to send the watch to a watchmaker for a full service and clean up (its really dirty),
and have the hesalite polished.
And of course, after that - wear the watch with JOY!!
Finally I really want to thank the OF community for the feedback and learning that I have received over my past posts, and also for reading other peoples posts.
The help I have found here combined with the Moonwatch Only book has helped me a looooooong way.
Most of the pictures are taken in a friends studio, since I take crappy pictures with my Iphone…

Now I have two problems….
First is the ”whipping and flogging” I will receive from this Forum....🤔
And how will I tell my wife about this watch (that I just had to get another Speedy..…😎)!
I don´t know which is the worst…??

Cheers from a frosty Sweden!

As you wrote, the best part of vintage watch collecting is the time spent in research. The thrill you have when you find something like your Speedmaster is uncountable 😀
PS your 105.012 is stunning!!!

Regarding the part "telling my wife" i suggest to get a very nice present for Christmas 😀 for your wife 😀. Enjoy it!

Grattis till en väldigt fin Speedy👍
Congrats to a very nice Speedy👍

Mvh
Henrik

So much nicer than the 145.022-68 you were looking at! This is a very nice daily wearer, as you said you wanted. And to find an original owner is hard to top.

Movement picture seems to validate service history. Pretty clean and unmarred.

It certainly looks like it was tucked away. It'll clean up nicely.

So you live in a land with Speedys tucked away in drawers? Time for a visit!

Well done and Congrats.

EDIT: if your wife can tell the difference between this Speedmaster and your others, much respect to her. She's on her way to becoming a Speedmaster fan 😉
Edited:

Very nice catch! The good thing with Speedys is they all look like the same ;-)

Congrats. looks nice.

ps. on servicing, strictly no polishing and buffing on the case.

Congrats. looks nice.

ps. on servicing, strictly no polishing and buffing on the case.

Only on the hesalite, the rest is a no go!
And thanks for your nice comment!😀