speed master 105.012-66 hour subdial problem

Posts
96
Likes
27
Hello there members kazd here, I have a issue with my speed master , the hour subdial hand is moving even when the chronograph is disengaged , please any advise opinion would be helpful and appreciated, it’s the ref# 105.012 -66 , thank you kazd ,
 
Posts
66
Likes
23
Hello there members kazd here, I have a issue with my speed master , the hour subdial hand is moving even when the chronograph is disengaged , please any advise opinion would be helpful and appreciated, it’s the ref# 105.012 -66 , thank you kazd ,
Like for Valjoux 72 and Venus 178, the hour subdial is probably driven by the mainspring directly and not thru the train wheels (which drive the second and minute chrono hands). There is a the lever that is kept in a certain position by a spring which blocks the hour chrono wheel. It is released when you press the start button. Most likely in your case that lever is not being activated when pressing the stop button.

It is usually an easy problem to fix that only requires removing the dial/hands and working on the dial side of the movement without full disassembly. However, you might have a broken spring.

A watchmaker that knows vintage chronographes should take a look at it.
 
Posts
96
Likes
27
Like for Valjoux 72 and Venus 178, the hour subdial is probably driven by the mainspring directly and not thru the train wheels (which drive the second and minute chrono hands). There is a the lever that is kept in a certain position by a spring which blocks the hour chrono wheel. It is released when you press the start button. Most likely in your case that lever is not being activated when pressing the stop button.

It is usually an easy problem to fix that only requires removing the dial/hands and working on the dial side of the movement without full disassembly. However, you might have a broken spring.

A watchmaker that knows vintage chronographes should take a look at it.
 
Posts
96
Likes
27
thank you very detailed assessment , I’ll have to find a reputable watchmaker for this , I am doing some rebuilds myself but don’t feel comfortable to tackle a 321 haha, need more practice , thank you oh and I don’t think I would send this to omega from what I’m reading I may get it back with service components 🙃 so for now I’ll leave it as is but no doubt it’s little annoying, good day , kazd