Forums Latest Members
  1. Freddedw Dec 2, 2020

Aparently my bid came thru, and i got a Seamaster, that needs a good cleaning but will work as my daily time keeper. om3.jpg om2.jpg om1.jpg

MaiLollo, DaveK, janice&fred and 18 others like this.
  2. SkunkPrince Dec 2, 2020

Sure as heck will. Good one.

Syrte, Benbradstock, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  3. Freddedw Dec 2, 2020

i hesitated a bit about the dirt around the casing and some on the caliber because i looked on an almost identical but cleaner, but threw in a bid anyway and got it, so i have to live with the result ;-)

Zdzislaw likes this.
  4. Dimitris Dec 2, 2020

Thats an honest example , with a bit of cleaning and a service it will serve perfectly its rola as an everyday watch.

5. SkunkPrince Dec 2, 2020

Yep. Buy the case and the dial, most anything else can be fixed.

6. Freddedw Dec 2, 2020

Phu! then i just have to thank all of you!!! Who have tought me tons of important stuff to look out for when looking for a old Omega.
    Then im not only statisfied that i got a good looking watch, it seems like i avoided a lot of traps and landed a decent one also.
    :):):)::book:::D

janice&fred, Rudi99 and Benbradstock like this.
  7. SkunkPrince Dec 2, 2020

You did OK. This is what Omega has to say about it:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-ck-14389

I see you might have "lume plots", tiny dots of paint meant to glow; if so, your hands have been changed, and you might want to get hands to match the picture on the site. The crown is probably not original for 1960, but that's minor too. 45003ST is its catalog number (for lack of a better term). You can get a genuine replacement from http://www.ofrei.com/page_147.html for $72.

Do not be bothered that your dial does not match the picture on Omega's site; they put a variety of different dials into watches with the same case number.

All in all, it's not perfect but it is quite wearable and should be a fabulous timekeeper after cleaning and adjustment.

Freddedw likes this.
  8. Walrus Dec 2, 2020

That is great. You are looking for a daily good on you. I don’t have an omega with subseconds, other than my basic speedy, I really like that look well done

Freddedw likes this.
  9. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 2, 2020

Great start!

Syrte, Freddedw and Benbradstock like this.
  10. Freddedw Dec 3, 2020

Thanks! But to me it looks like the hands also have lume? Well i have to check when i get it. That site is constantly on my browser, along with some other to check calibers and serials! but is there a good site to check dials?

Syrte likes this.
  11. SkunkPrince Dec 3, 2020

I couldn’t see the lume until I zoomed it up. My mistake!

Freddedw likes this.
  12. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 3, 2020

Congrats, the design is exactly what you wanted, you have shock protection on the balance, and very nice untouched case and a very honest dial with nicely patinated lume plots.

Now you need to make sure you find a very reliable professional watchmaker — NOT a jewelery store.
    And you must ensure they do not touch the case, that they do NOT try to make it look shiny with a polishing machine or anything else, and you must ensure no one tries to clean that dial. The request must be: movement service only, do not touch ANY thing on the outside of the watch.

If you tell what country you’re in perhaps members can suggest a watchmaker near you. Many people ship their watch out for service by a trusted person who will respect your requests.
    If you do not know who’s servicing your watch they may «try » stuff they think is best— instead of doing what you ask.

DaveK and gostang9 like this.
  13. Freddedw Dec 3, 2020

well if i did not have the subsecond it would be perfect!! But ok by you description ill made it all correct, first time Thank you!! then it can only go downwards from here!!! But yes ill investigate, but aperently it shall run wery good as is, so ill have some time to check. Well im in Sweden near Stockholm. And i know of i good one but in ithink Eskilstuna if i remember.

14. Freddedw Dec 8, 2020

now i got it and it actually got a original glass but poliched as hell. wind it up yesturday for a check how long it runs. 20201207_205445[1].jpg

janice&fred likes this.
  15. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 8, 2020

Doesn’t look so polished to me.

Freddedw likes this.
  16. janice&fred Dec 8, 2020

That watch looks like an honest survivor and just fine. Get her serviced and lubed and you're all set :thumbsup:

Freddedw likes this.
  17. gostang9 Dec 8, 2020

@styggpyggeno1 may have a recommendation for watchmaker near you

Freddedw likes this.
  18. Freddedw Dec 8, 2020

the glass is hevily polished all the "shadows" on glass is the "dents", not a flat spot anywhere;-)

19. Freddedw Dec 8, 2020

yes its kind of nice when you finally got it in your hand and it looks original and ok, got a to wide wrist band tho its marked 20mm...

20. LesXL Dec 8, 2020

Congratulations, and nice first one! A everyone said, bring her back to life and you'll wear it with joy.

Now, the question is... How long until the next one?? ::psy::

janice&fred and DaveK like this.