Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. audz95 Jul 19, 2013

Nice weapons collections fellas...here's a couple new additions to mine!

gun collection.jpg
    voere, OMGRLX, Rodmar and 1 other person like this.
  2. 10mmauto Jul 19, 2013

That little XDS is becoming very popular.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 19, 2013

Nice. I still have my original German made, '88 Sig 226 K-cote. Mint condition.

propervinyl likes this.
  4. audz95 Jul 19, 2013

Great every day carry pistol for sure!

5. smithrjd Jul 19, 2013

For those who know these things my latest is a S&W Model 52-2. About the best target automatic S&W ever made. Still accepted for Olympic and International events even though it has not been made since '93.

noelekal likes this.
  6. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 19, 2013

Good to see you! I just got my soccer timer back and was thinking of you.

I have a couple WWII pistols posted here somewhere.

Buck

7. audz95 Jul 19, 2013

Pics of the tacticals with their respective timepieces...
    DSC02184.JPG
    DSC02187.JPG DSC02185.JPG

voere, OMGRLX and Rodmar like this.
  8. smithrjd Jul 19, 2013

I do miss the "Soccer Timer" in fact right now no Chronographs. Gave my Son my Breitling Chronomat as a graduation present from college as well as a 629..

9. smithrjd Jul 19, 2013

Been using and wearing an Eterna Monterey GMT for the trips to the "other places" Djibouti, Romania and some of the other odd places I go to.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 20, 2013

A fellow archer! Great! Do you have any bows that don't have "training wheels" as we recurve guys call them? ;)

I've shot a little bit here and there...:D

From a while back during training...

And knives...I have tried very hard to avoid getting into these too deeply, as it can be far more expensive a hobby than watches are. I only have one custom knife - not an expensive one but very well made. Hard to get a really good shot of the MOP...

[​IMG]

Cheers, Al

Timetron, voere, duc and 2 others like this.
  11. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 30, 2013

Such an interesting thread :)

I've pretty much given up on the idea of owning any firearms in Aus. Without steering this towards politics, lets just say it takes far too much effort and I don't like how the police can show up at your house for an inspection (at any time). We didn't renew our registrations or memberships when they last came up.

I was aware of this before moving here 9 years ago from Canada. I came for the beaches and better global location :)

Purchasing a nice little slingshot on Ebay did cheer me up. It's quite useful for destroying cans/bottles/noisy birds :D

Alphasports and BrianMcKay like this.
  12. rhsmd Aug 29, 2013

black talon bullets are NOT illegal.

OMGRLX likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 29, 2013

Knives

Now your talking Will do a post when back from work travel

Collect custom hand made.

14. Rodmar Jun 12, 2017

Curious if anyone's interested in checking out my new website firearm related and giving me their thoughts?

Don't plan to launch till July but this has been in the works for a few months.

OMGRLX and noelekal like this.
  15. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jun 12, 2017

Hell yeah...

OMGRLX likes this.
  16. Rodmar Jun 12, 2017

Well give me some feedback on website, and pricing and I'll answer what questions I can.

Actually quitting my job at the end of the month so im all ears, this has to succeed and I hope I'm doing everything needed to get me there.

Website is Arc-Defense.com

The pictures are some of our products and the rest are just fillers until I can get a photo shoot scheduled here later this month.

OMGRLX, noelekal and Jwit like this.
  17. watch3s Jun 12, 2017

love guns, unfortunately nyc :thumbsdown:. i suppose if i was somewhere else id have more guns than watches

OMGRLX and Rodmar like this.
  18. Edward53 Jun 12, 2017

We don't really do firearms here in the UK. When I was a teenager I was fascinated by guns but a stint in the Army reserve soon cured me of that. I do however like historical weapons and as I've mentioned in another thread, have an interest in the Franco-Prussian War of 1870. Here's my model 1862 Dreyse needle gun, the second iteration of the M1841 ditto and the world's first bolt action rifle. The needle is missing but when fired would have passed through the main charge in its consumable paper cartridge, ignited a percussion cap at the base of the bullet and set off the main charge. Strangely there was no scabbard for the bayonet; on the march it was carried fixed, which must have been a bit inconvenient.

The M1841 won the Austro-Prussian War of 1866 by decimating the Austrians who had to stand to refill their muzzle loaders, whilst the Prussians could fire three times as fast from prone. Other European powers took note and by 1870 the French had developed the superior Chassepot, but the Prussians won anyway by virtue of their rifled artillery and making fewer many mistakes than the French.

M62 + bayonet.jpg
    M62 fixed bayonet.jpg IMG_4061.JPG IMG_4063.JPG IMG_4062.JPG

voere, ahartfie, OMGRLX and 3 others like this.
  19. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jun 12, 2017

wow...had no clue, thanks for the history lesson

20. Kmart Jun 12, 2017

Cool stuff @Edward53! I'm not big on firearms either but I can definitely see the appeal in owning historical pieces. I guess the "vintage" gene transcends just watch collecting.