Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. Mtek Mar 29, 2018

I do too, I just can’t help it. For me, your Hi power overshadows the Glock in the previous pic easily.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 29, 2018

My opinion as well Mtek, but it's only an opinion.

I like using the Hi Power much better than I do the Glock.

Mtek likes this.
  3. Mtek Mar 29, 2018

Exactly, just my opinion. Nothing wrong with them, just my preference, nothing against those who choose a polymer. It’s nice we are able to have such a selection to choose in this country.

4. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 29, 2018

Hi Powers are great pistols. However they are on the large size for ccw. The HK I posted has everything I need and nothing I don't need. The pistol is snag free fits my hands very well.

When paired with a good holster it makes an outstanding combination. This holster is made by J. Bulman. At one time I never thought I would like a Tupperware pistol along with a holster with talon clips.

Many years ago I seen a Glock that was run over by a semi tractor and trailer. The pistol still functioned fine. The only damage was to the slide that was all gouged and scratched up.

My friend had the slide refinished and the plastic wonder was as good as new. After seeing that glock I changed my thoughts on Tupperware pistols.

hk.jpg
  5. Mtek Mar 29, 2018

@voere that holster is nice! I love a well made leather holster. I still have an Alessi for a commander I don’t even own anymore. I can’t let it go.

larryganz and voere like this.
  6. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 29, 2018

The older Alessi holsters made by Lou are keepers for me.

larryganz and Mtek like this.
  7. Mtek Mar 29, 2018

It’s what I have, black horse hide. Rip Lou

larryganz and voere like this.
  8. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 29, 2018

This holster is the first Alessi holster I owned. Made for a Colt detective spl. for appendix carry it's an awesome holster. The leather and snap covering the hammer is a pull through snap. Just tug on the revolver and the snap opens up.

The cut and shape makes for a very comfortable holster to wear. Even in a sitting position while in a car makes a fine holster for road trips.

bh3.jpg
    larryganz, noelekal and Mtek like this.
  9. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 29, 2018

Holsters and holster belts are a very important piece of carry gear. Speaking for myself it's critical gear.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine was raving about sticky holsters. I did not bad mouth the holster. I told him you may want to rethink using that type of holster for carry.

I said if I were you when you go home unload your pistol. Wear your holster and draw your pistol 10 times as fast as you can and then tell me yours thoughts on the holster.

With sticky holster and the remora holsters. Sometimes you will wind up. Pulling you handgun and holster, your pistol will still be wearing the holster.

He mentioned the gunsmith at a local Gander Mountain recommend the sticky holster. I told my friend next time you see that gunsmith tell him he don't know d!ck about carry holsters.

I seen my friend a few days ago I asked him how is your new holster? He smiled and said you were correct. Out of ten draws three of them his pistol was wearing the holster.

Edited Mar 29, 2018
    Waltesefalcon, noelekal and Mtek like this.
  10. Waltesefalcon Mar 29, 2018

In the winter I carry my 1911 in an old Roy's Leather Goods pancake and in the warmer months I carry my 640 Smith inside my front jeans pocket in a small holster of my own making.

noelekal, voere and Mtek like this.
  11. Mtek Mar 29, 2018

I use an old desantis belt slide year around, S&W 49 bodyguard .

voere and noelekal like this.
  12. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 29, 2018

Leaving in a couple of hours on an 865-mile road trip to Nashville to see granddaughters. This'll do for the journey. Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel in a Bell Charter Oak Mae West inside-the-waistband holster (gotta request Lefty to custom make the holster model for 4-inch barrel).

[​IMG]

About all I actually tote are K-Frame Smith & Wesson revolvers of various persuasions or else the Colt Government Model .45 Automatic. This holster, custom made by a fine lady craftsman Della Shafter of Rafter S Gunleather, unfortunately now deceased, carries the .45s IWB. The World War II 1911-A1 isn't toted but is only being used to model the holster.

[​IMG]

Ranger230, Wryfox, voere and 2 others like this.
  13. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 29, 2018

Here's the stainless steel version of your excellent Model 49, a Smith & Wesson Model 649. The blued Model 49 is better looking than this stainless steel version. I rarely ever carry a back-up. In my retirement I do gun show security duty for some promoter friends of mine and do carry a back-up then. I don't much like pocket carry but this Model 649 goes along as back-up in a De Santis Nemesis holster.

[​IMG]

Love the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard variant of the J-Frame models. That homely-looking humpback frame protects the hammer spur from snagging thus leaving one with choices of both single-action and double-action use of the revolver. I like choices.

voere and Mtek like this.
  14. Mtek Mar 29, 2018

@noelekal great posts, the 1911 holster is art.

I love the 49. I figured if I ever ran out of the 5 rounds I could beat someone with it, but they’d die happy it’s so beautifully functional. I didn’t know of a stainless, I’m going to have to look out for that as I live in the PNW (a lot of rain) and along the coast.

noelekal likes this.
  15. larryganz The cable guy Mar 30, 2018

My Alessi IWB holsters are great - I have a few in a box in the closet though, as lately I keep a Kahr PM9 or S&W 637 in my front pants pocket in a sticky Remora holster - the holster never comes out of my pocket with the pistol. If I loose 15-20 lbs I'll feel more comfortable going back to an IWB holster.

Unfortunately, I put a crimson trace trigger guard laser on my PM9 and now it wont fit in my Alessi holster - my eyes are old enough that I can either choose to focus on the sights with my left eye and not see the target, or focus on the target with my right eye and not see the sights. Trying to see if I can master both eyes open point shooting.

noelekal, MikiJ and Mtek like this.
  16. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 30, 2018

I had a Remora holster they work fine for pocket carry. I used that holster to carry a Kahr k9 in winter jacket pocket. IMHO Remora holsters do not work well for IWB carry. I gave the Remora holster to my buddy that has the sticky holster. I told him good luck with the holster. I am no expert on holsters by any stretch of imagination.

However I do know what works for me. With holsters most people that carry a firearm go through plenty of holsters. It takes some trial and error to figure out what works and what does not work. I have a junk box full of holsters that are just gathering dust.

larryganz and noelekal like this.
  17. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 30, 2018

I bought the new Glock 43 for my "Pocket-Piece". They made a pocket holster specifically for this model. It comfortably fits in almost any front pocket and best of all, it always stays in place.

You know what they say: "Getin' old ain't for sissies". Although i'm right handed, I'm left eye dominate. Regardless, it's best to learn to use both eyes to point shoot. I actually learned to be an ambidextrous shooter but now these old eyes ain't what they were. Now I added the same Crimson Trace laser on my Cold Defender that already has Trijicon night sites. I practice draw and shoot from the hip up to 7 meters. After that, its use the laser ;)

18. Waltesefalcon Mar 30, 2018

Here is the holster I made for my 640 and my old Roy's leather pancake:

DSCF1284.JPG DSCF1269.JPG
    noelekal, voere and Mtek like this.
  19. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Apr 1, 2018

I certainly understand what you're saying about pocket holsters. However my UTG ambidextrous pocket holster that I use when carrying my Glock 43 stays in my pocket as long as I pull out my Glock by the grip only. However when I go back to Youngstown, I carry my Colt Defender in a Wilson Sheriff Yaqui Slide ;)

voere likes this.
  20. WineGuyd Apr 2, 2018

Used to collect military firearms but lately been hankering for some western iron. I love single/lever action firearms - they are to shooting what straight razors are to shaving, fountain pens are to writing, and manual wind is to timepieces...classic!

IMG_0974.JPG IMG_6656.JPG